z

Young Writers Society

Hello All! May I introduce myself?

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:16 am
naturesgirl says...

Hello everyone! Obviously, I am a new member of this forum and quite ecstatic to be so. First off, let me give you a little background about myself.

My nickname is Ng if you wish to call me so.
I am 16 years old currently, and about to be a junior.

Truthfully, I have a lot to learn about composing, editing, and critiquing fiction. My only past experiences are flabby fan-fictions and short, purposeless prose.

I know I'll learn a lot from the rest of you, reading all your wonderful fiction, and I hope I can come to be a reasonable author.

Thank you all for reading. I cannot contain my excitement at finding this forum!

-ng :D

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:27 am
Meshugenah says...

I would hope you'd introduce yourself! Otherwise, how would be know who you are? :p

In any event! Welcome to YWS! If you have any questions about the site, feel free to PM me! I would offer words of wisdom, but I'm no good with fiction (well, not totally hopeless, but not as good as some!), I do poetry! Well, when I have time!

Any hobbies other than writing? Music, sports?

Hmm, make sure you read the rules (under "About" at the top of the page!) and all the juicy stuff in there before anything else! I think that's everything... oh yeah! Enjoy the site! See you around the board!

Mesh/Bek
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:05 am
naturesgirl says...

Thank you for introducing yourself, and offering help :) I appreciate it very much!

As far as other hobbies, I love music so I'm in our HS band, along with choir. I'm also an artist in both traditional and digital media. And well truthfully, I have many hobbies. Writing is my longest-living one though!

Alright, well thanks again, and I sure will be checking out those rules! Gosh, I have bad experiences from not. =D

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:20 am
Alteran says...

Hi Naturesgirl, I'm Adam.

I welcome you happily to our little website. There's lots to read and do and look at so enjoy yourself and take all the time you want. (This place is oddly addicting.)

What instrument do you play in band? I'm a sax player myself. I can't wait to read your stuff and I hope you put up some artwork too. If you need any help I'm just a PM away.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:26 am
gryffgotgame says...

Haha, yes, this site is very easy to adapt to. Everyone on it is extremely nice=) You'll learn to love reading and reviewing the work of others because everyone on this site is a brilliant, aspiring author. Us newbies can only hope to reach they're potential and the best part is that they help so much with our writing. Keep on writing and good luck!!! PM if you want some reviews=)

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:23 am
Meshugenah says...

Band geek! *steals* Yes, what do you play? I play clarinet! And I miss HS band... marching and all! Some good times, those were! What style march (if any) do you do for band? Also! Favorite authors/genre for fiction?
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:59 am
casey_kent says...

Hey there NG!!

Welcome to YWS!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:21 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hi! naturesgirl.

thanks for posting in my thead.

Fanfiction is a good way to start out. i write it. so don't worried. good luck with your writing.

NM
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:33 pm
Demeter says...

Welcome NG! My name's Demeter.

Great to have you here! It's always fun to get new members to the site.

Rules, Guides and FAQ are really worth checking out. They give you the basic idea. Also, it's recommended to do two reviews toward one piece of your own work. The more you review, the more people will like you! :) I'm also willing to help if you ever have any concerns about anything.

So, I hope to see you around!!

All the best
Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:04 pm
Snoink says...

ZOMG! I almost accidentally deleted this thread! Isn't that sad? I think it would be sad.

But anyway, the reason why I almost deleted this thread is because I am a moderator. This means that if you have any questions whatsoever, you can bug me about it and I have to answer you, whether I like it or not. ;)

Also, if you have any questions on critiquing, you can ask me. I am a leader of one of the elite critiquing usergroups on the site, and I would love to help you out in that area.

With that said, what stories are popping out of your head right now? Past adventures you've had? Rolling fantasies? Science fiction? And! And! What instrument do you play? I play bass clarinet and clarinet, though I'm no good at it. :P
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:27 pm
Firearris says...

Hello ng, and Welcome to YOUNG WRITERS SOCIETY!!!!!!!! I'm Fire, Arris, Firearris, FA, or you can make something up. What hobbies do you have? What do you read? Do you have any pets? Tell us more!

Here are some good links:

Contact & Staff: A List of people you can contact for help if needed, (mods and admins), this list is a bit old, but you can still contact most of the people on it. contact.php

Rules & Guides A List of rules, and also some guides. I suggest you go through this so you know what you can and can't do on here, and the guides can be loads of help! I sometimes wish I knew about them when I joined XD rules.php

FAQ Frequently Asked Questions! You may have a problem, and you might be able to find the answer here. faq.php

Also, here is a color list:

Blue Name = Greeters.

Purple Name = Instructors.

Light Green = Junior Moderator.

Dark Green = Moderators.

Red = Admins.

Feel Free to PM me if you want a crit, or you need any help!

~Arris
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:39 pm
blacktiger3915 says...

Hi! I'm Brooke or aka blacktiger3915. Welcome! If you have any questions or just need a friend, I'm here! Have a great time here and can't wait to see your works. See you around. Peace. 8)
Don't send sheep to kill a wolf.

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:08 pm
SimonCowellLuver says...

Hello I am SCL or SimonCowellLuver Nice to meet you. Welcome to YWS!! Its great fun here you can write anything and post anything you want within reason of course.

If you have any questions about the site feel free to contact me.

SimonCowellLuver :D
3 facts: 1.You can't lick your elbow
2. you just tried it
3. I caught you cause i saw you

She conquered her demons and wore her scars like wings.
— Atticus