z

Young Writers Society

I'm the Doctor

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:50 pm
Doctor Beetle says...

Hello, everybody! My name is Kara, but you can all call me Doctor Beetle or any variation of that name you can concoct. I'm 21 years old and live somewhere bland and uninteresting. I love to read/watch horror books/films as well as good fantasy, none of that Eragon crap or cookie-cutter quest novels flooding the shelves. I also like to write stories in both genres. My main problem with writing is that after finishing a few chapters of something, I'll get inspired to start something else and leave the other work unfinished. I hope we can all get to know each other very well.

Love,

Kara

-P.S. I absolutely love bugs, especially beetles! d:

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:59 pm
Rydia says...

Hey Kara, sounds like you've got some interesting hobbies. I'm not so fond on bugs myself but I'm with you all the way on the 'good fantasy' and horror is always an interesting read.

Anyway, welcome to the site! If you've got any questions, need some help or are looking for a review then feel free to pm me!

And feel free to tell us more about yourself. I'd be quite interesting in knowing why you like bugs if you don't mind me asking? Do you like to watch them in their natural habitat or do you just think they look interesting?

Hope you enjoy the site!

Heather xx
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

Random avatar

Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:05 pm
Doctor Beetle says...

What's not to like about bugs? They're the most diverse species on earth. Ants can lift several times its own weight, bees are the main contributer to the pollination of flowers, the water strider can use surface tension to walk on water, and there are millions of other bugs each with a unique aspect. We may have conquered the earth, but bugs are the ones that rule it.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:30 pm
Rydia says...

I suppose I never thought about it like that. I'm more of a cat person ;)
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:41 pm
Alainna says...

Yeah, I'm more of a cat person myself as well but I do like butterfly's and ladybirds. *looks at what she just wrote and realises what a girly-girl she just sounded like*

Hey and welcome to YWS!! I'm Alainna and it's nice to meet you.

If you need anything then feel free to pm me.

All the best,
Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:52 pm
Night Mistress says...

I'm a cat person also.

Welcome to YWS.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:00 pm
Twit says...

Do you keep any bugs? My brother's had a mantis, has millipedes and hankers after a cockroach. I've had crickets, we've all had stick insects.

Is your thread title intentional? Do you watch Alien Empire?
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:02 pm
blacktiger3915 says...

I'm a cat person! My cat's name is Tiffany.

Anywho, hi Kara! My name is Brooke or aka blacktiger3915. If you have any questions or comments or just need somebody to talk to, I'm here! I hope I see you around. Peace 8)
Don't send sheep to kill a wolf.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:48 pm
Manny says...

Another bug person?! We can either be best friends skipping through the meadows or eternal enemies. Nice to meet you, though.

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:48 pm
aestar101 says...

'Ello Doctor. Welcome to the YWS! If you have any questions you can PM me.
Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose. - Evan Esar
Like my opinions a lot? Let me critique you. topic29146.html

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:13 am
casey_kent says...

Hey there Kara!!

Welcome to YWS!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:05 pm
Demeter says...

A cat person here!

Welcome to YWS, Kara / Doctor Beetle! I hope you'll find the site very enjoyable and all that jazz. The people here are so nice (as you can see, hehe)!

If you haven't already, check out Rules, Guides and FAQ some time, they're really helpful! And it's recommended that you do two reviews toward every piece of your own. Just to let you know :D

Well, have an amazing time in YWS and PM me if you have anything to ask!

See you around,
Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:12 pm
Snoink says...

I am more of a Beatles person myself. ;)

And yay for non-quest fantasy! I love it. If you want, I can probably recommend stuff to you... though right now I am being slightly immersed in American classical literature so I might have forgotten a lot. :P Um... on second thought, you can recommend me books. XD

So! A question for you! You put down that you were from the Americas. Which country are you from? :D

And... that's it so far. I'm a mod, which means that if you have any questions whatsoever, ask me. I am here to serve you, milady. *curtseys*
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Random avatar

Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:30 am
Doctor Beetle says...

I'm from all of them! No, just kidding. I'm from the U.S., but Americas sounds so much more interesting. xD

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:36 am
Snoink says...

Doctor Beetle wrote:I'm from all of them! No, just kidding. I'm from the U.S., but Americas sounds so much more interesting. xD

You do realize if you were from all of them, you would technically have to be a continent? xD
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Turn your demons into art, your shadow into a friend, your fear into fuel, your failures into teachers, your weaknesses into reasons to keep fighting. Don’t waste your pain. Recycle your heart.
— Andréa Balt