z

Young Writers Society

Hey writers.

Reviews: 3
Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:44 am
Took says...

Hi, I'm Took,

It's pretty awesome to finally find a site with other YOUNG writers. I'm really tired of old people writing what they think kids go through. I really don't know my way around yet, but you guys can help with that :D . So, friend me or critque me! I'm totally up for it!

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:17 am
Emerson says...

Hey Took! Welcome to the YWS!

If you have any questions or need help finding your way around the site, feel free to pm me at anytime. It is great to be on a site with young writers, and what I think is best is how diverse we all are. The good thing though is that we're all nice! ^_~

What genre do you write most often? Who are your favorite authors? Those types of get-to-know-you questions. ^^ I hope you enjoy the site, and don't find it too difficult to navigate. But if you do, just come find me, and I'll help.
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:38 am
Sam says...

Hi, Took!

Oh my goodness, join the club. Silly grown-up types. The next time I see "homeslice" used in improper context, I'm going to give them a slice of my own.

Welcome to YWS! I do hope I'll get to review some of your stuff soon. ^_^ Poke at me (otherwise known as PMing) if you have any questions about the site, about life, etcetera. Otherwise, see you around the boards, homeslice.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:27 am
Snoink says...

Hahahaha... I am totally a kid. Really. XD

But yeah! I hope you enjoy this site! There's plenty of younger writers, with some old farts like me who vaguely remember the teenage years. And I am a mod, so if you have any questions whatsoever, just ask away. :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:05 am
casey_kent says...

Hey there!!

Welcome to YWS!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:53 am
Demeter says...

Welcome, Took!

My name's Demeter. What can I tell you about YWS? Well, first of all, this is one of the greatest sites I've ever had the luck to see. And you're right, young writers definitely know the best. Right, everyone? :)

If you have any concerns whatsoever or just want to talk or want to have some reviews, PM me and I'll be there! I'll glad to help – as well as all the others. We're just so nice.

See you around!
Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:49 am
rubberduck says...

Haha. Hi there, Took! ^^
Welcome to YWS!

What genres do you write in? I'd be glad to give you a critique. And since you seem like such a nice person, I'll give you the honour of being my friend. Nah, just kidding. It's not an honour at all. Haha. :D

I'm rubberduck's sister, by the way. My bro, Max, and I share this account. (Though I have my own.)

Alrighty, since nobody has pointed this out... I think I'll tell ya something. ^^

Remember to give 2 reviews before you post a story. (very important. ^^)

Oh. That's right... Those people who have their usernames in blue are greeters (Welcoming Committee, in my words. Haha.). And those who are in green are moderators. So... Just informing you! :D

Seeya 'round!

*Oh yes!
Please PM me when you've posted a story. As I've said before, I'd be glad to give you a critique. :)*
I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman.
- Homer Simpson

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:02 am
rubberduck says...

Oh yes! I almost forgot to sound extremely sad about something.

"And I'm just a normal member..." rubberduck sighed.

^^ Haha. There, I'm done.

Seeya 'round, Took!
I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman.
- Homer Simpson

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:06 pm
Demeter says...

Aw, rubberduck, don't feel bad ;) You're not just any normal member, you're a rubberduck!
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

183 Reviews

Reviews: 183
Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:19 pm
LoveableLittleSock says...

Hey Took!

I know. I was so happy to finally find a site like this. I've actually read articles titled, "Teenage writers, no matter how much you believe against it, your writing sucks." Because, of course, they know all and we are just puny insignificant writers in this world, and mean nothing.

Anyway. Welcome to YWS! You'll have a wonderful time here. If you have any questions, concerns, of cries of outrage, feel free to PM me or anybody else here. Everybody will be happy to help you.

By the looks of it, you only have on post. Let me explain the point system to you. You see, when you post in a forum, you either lose or gain points (in some forums you don't lose or gain anything at all). The highest amount of points you can get for a post is 50, because we don't want spammers getting 1000 points from copying and pasting a novel. When you post a story, poem, or whatever, you lose 100 points. That's where the "review two, post one" rule comes in. There's also storybooks, which you can PM me about if you have any questions.

Have a nice time!
Got YWS?

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:17 am
Firearris says...

Hello Took, and Welcome to YOUNG WRITERS SOCIETY!!!!!!!! I'm Fire, Arris, Firearris, FA, or you can make something up. What hobbies do you have? What do you read? Do you have any pets? Tell us more!

Here are some good links:

Contact & Staff: A List of people you can contact for help if needed, (mods and admins), this list is a bit old, but you can still contact most of the people on it. contact.php

Rules & Guides A List of rules, and also some guides. I suggest you go through this so you know what you can and can't do on here, and the guides can be loads of help! I sometimes wish I knew about them when I joined XD rules.php

FAQ Frequently Asked Questions! You may have a problem, and you might be able to find the answer here. faq.php

Also, here is a color list:

Blue Name = Greeters.

Purple Name = Instructors.

Light Green = Junior Moderator.

Dark Green = Moderators.

Red = Admins.

Feel Free to PM me if you want a crit, or you need any help!

~Arris
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:26 pm
Alainna says...

Heya and welcome to YWS!!

The others have all covered the necessities so I'll just say that you can pm me if you need anything at all.

All the best and I hope you like it here.

See you,
Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

The thing about plummeting downhill at fifty miles an hour on a snack platter - if you realize it's a bad idea when you're halfway down, it's too late.
— Rick Riordan, The Son of Neptune