z

Young Writers Society

Hey there! I'm new =]

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:36 pm
xbrokenxstar says...

Hey there =] The name's Leelan but call me Leelo. Literature is pretty much my life. Reading and writing I could
literally not live without. =] I'm 14 and uhh yeah. =] Ask me questions if you wanna know more about me ^__^

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:38 pm
~Lashes~ says...

Welcome to YWS.
If you love to write and you can't live without it then you are at the right place!
I hope you enjoy it here!
If you have any questions, just send me a PM!

Lash

Random avatar

Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:41 pm
xbrokenxstar says...

Thanks a lot =] Will do!

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:09 pm
Firearris says...

Hello Broken, and Welcome to YOUNG WRITERS SOCIETY!!!!!!!! I'm Fire, Arris, Firearris, FA, or you can make something up. What hobbies do you have? What do you read? Do you have any pets? Tell us more!

Here are some good links:

Contact & Staff: A List of people you can contact for help if needed, (mods and admins), this list is a bit old, but you can still contact most of the people on it. contact.php

Rules & Guides A List of rules, and also some guides. I suggest you go through this so you know what you can and can't do on here, and the guides can be loads of help! I sometimes wish I knew about them when I joined XD rules.php

FAQ Frequently Asked Questions! You may have a problem, and you might be able to find the answer here. faq.php

Also, here is a color list:

Blue Name = Greeters.

Purple Name = Instructors.

Light Green = Junior Moderator.

Dark Green = Moderators.

Red = Admins.

Feel Free to PM me if you want a crit, or you need any help!

~Arris
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

Random avatar

Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:43 pm
xbrokenxstar says...

Thanks a lot =]
Well I write a lot in my spare time, helps me burn off anger lol. I've been doing dance for 6 years, I love to read [obvv!], I talk a lot lmaoo . Oh and I guess an interesting fact is I help out my dad with the MHR [a human rights group :) ]

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:42 am
myfreindsavamp says...

Hey what's up?

I'm Amber. You have posted a work by your self I see. Um, just to let you know you should review two works by others before you post your own. Just to help you.

Need any questions answered I'll be willing to answer. Just pm me and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

See ya around,
-Amber
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:48 am
Snoink says...

Leelo! What a pretty name! :D

As you probably guessed, I am a moderator... but hopefully I am not that scary. ;)

Literature! Yay! We love literature. Sooooo... I have a couple of questions for you, involving a literary nature. ;)

1) What author are you currently in love with? Like, right now I am obsessing over Vonnegut, but that's sure to change. ^_^

2) Favorite genre of literature? I like weird sci fi. And yourself? ;)

3) Favorite style? Do you enjoy the short and sweet or the long and flowery?

Anyway, I'll take a look at your stuff and critique something, if you have stuff, of course. ;) I am a kind of mean critiquer, but maybe I'll help you in your effort to become a literary star. See you around YWS! :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:26 am
Sam says...

Leelo! Your name is super adorable. ^_^

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about life, love, or YWS, and I'll try to answer them as best I can for you. I hope to see you around the boards!
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:33 am
casey_kent says...

Hey there!!

Welcome to YWS!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:49 am
melkor says...

Awwww.
Do you have to be broken?
Welcome to YWS!

So an important question!
What colour are your socks?

"He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it. "
"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."
~Douglas Adams

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:45 am
Gahks says...

Hey Leelo from England!

Welcome to YWS! I'm Gahks (that's pronounced 'garks'); glad to meet you!

So literature is your life, then? Do you have any other hobbies or interests? I enjoy cycling, drama and watching crime series.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who'd love to read your work here. What genres do you tend to read/write in? Romance? Horror? Science-fiction? Maybe crime, like myself? Be sure to get reviewing first before you start posting stuff!

Feel free to PM me if anything's on your mind.

Best wishes,

Gahks

:D
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:59 am
Demeter says...

Hello and welcome, Leelo!!

I'm Demeter from summery Finland. And I'm not wearing socks at all at the moment. It's almost one pm and I still haven't had breakfast. Well, I'm on my summer holiday (yay!) so that's no wonder.

Enough about me, how's it going for you? I'd like to know your favourite reading and writing genres, too! And what do you write? Poems, novels, short stories, cute fairytales about bunnies and fairies... or maybe all of these? Although I promised to stop rambling about myself, I'll still say that I write mostly fiction and some poems as well.

Want to know why YWS is such an amazing place?
1) You can write here.
2) You can read here.
3) You can talk here.
4) I'm here. :D Haha, no.

So, enjoy your time, remember to review, behave yourself, and don't get bitten by scary YWSers!

See you around,
Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:58 pm
Emerson says...

Leelo! So, I'm with everyone else: that is such an adorable name. And Snoink completely took my questions..

In any case! I love your name. And if you have any questions, get lost, need a review, or simply want to bother me, go for it! I love people. [s]I also love to eat people.[/s] :lol:

I hope you enjoy YWS!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Random avatar

Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:18 pm
xbrokenxstar says...

Ahaha thanks you guys =]

Answers to Snoink's questions.

1.) OHMYGAWD. I like too many authors lmao. I guess the top 3 would be Sara Shepard, Alyson Noel and Sarah Dessen. :]

2.) I love heartfelt stories and ones that really make you think about life. Eg; Thirteen Reasons Why, If I Should Die Before I Wake, etc... And reality-type books ^__^

3.) I honestly don't mind what style, as long as it keeps you interested and doesn't make me want to put it down. =]

Btw, to whoever said I was from England, I'm not =| I have no idea where that came from lmaoo. I'm actually canadian, eih? ;] lmao. Just a little Canuck humour there.

Oh, and I apologize for posting without reviewing. I had no idea you had to do that LOOLL.
I shall get right on that! Btw, I tend to write from experiences, or otherwise crime, horror, and/or general fiction. =]

"I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul."
— Pablo Neruda