z

Young Writers Society

Hii, I'm a newbie=/

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:06 am
gryffgotgame says...

Hi, yes, I'm a newbie and I'm loving all of the new and exciting reading material presented at YWS. I've posted two of my works: Lone Teen (first 3 chapters) and My Teenage Inferno (short story), but I'm still waiting on feedback. There's loads of stuff to read and have fun reviewing on YWS. I don't really know how everything goes about this site and I don't know any people on it lol. Humans are adapted to learn though right lol? Well, again I just wanted to say hii=)

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:33 am
Snoink says...

Hehehe! We hope we're adapted to learn anyway...

Welcome to the site! I'll take a look at your works. ;)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:33 am
View Likes
Firearris says...

Hello and Welcome to YOUNG WRITERS SOCIETY!!!!!!!! I'm Fire, Arris, Firearris, FA, or you can make something up. What hobbies do you have? What do you read? Do you have any pets? Tell us more! I'll try to get to your works for you when I can! =D

Here are some good links:

Contact & Staff: A List of people you can contact for help if needed, (mods and admins), this list is a bit old, but you can still contact most of the people on it. contact.php

Rules & Guides A List of rules, and also some guides. I suggest you go through this so you know what you can and can't do on here, and the guides can be loads of help! I sometimes wish I knew about them when I joined XD rules.php

FAQ Frequently Asked Questions! You may have a problem, and you might be able to find the answer here. faq.php

Also, here is a color list:

Blue Name = Greeters.

Purple Name = Instructors.

Light Green = Junior Moderator.

Dark Green = Moderators.

Red = Admins.

Feel Free to PM me if you want a crit, or you need any help!

~Arris
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:15 am
RoryLegend says...

HELLO!

Welcome welcome..*confetti* *candy* *puppies* *hugs*
Well welcome to the YWS this site is pretty darn amazing..well I love it anyways.
If you need anything just let me know..I would be happy to read your stuff and comment for you as long as you return the favor and comment on as many user's work as possible on the site..critiquing is good.
Don't forget that you must keep the critiquing/posting (as far as stories and I believe poems go anyways) to a 2/1 ratio..I always forget.
Also critquing is good becuase you get point! And in a way the points don't really matter, they are just a little something to hold the site together (lol jk) but you do need them for storybook posting.
Be sure to check out the storybooks, they are really fun and an easy way to get ideas going and to practice different writing styles and such..
Anyways welcome..pm me..go to my profile..whatever you need I'm there..

-RL
All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, and I promise you something great will come of it.

-Benjamin Mee

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:43 am
casey_kent says...

Hey there!!

Welcome to YWS!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:25 pm
Gahks says...

Hey there!

Welcome to YWS! I'm Gahks (pronounced 'garks'); glad to meet you!

I'm sure you'll pick up the nuts and bolts of this site when you start having a look round; it's really easy to find your way about. Critique as much as you can: everyone else will adore you for it!

You sound like a writer of teen fiction to me; are there any other genres that interest you? Romance? Horror? Sci-Fi? I'm sure there are plenty of people here who'd love to read what you've written. Do you have any hobbies or interests?

Feel free to PM me if anything's on your mind. Otherwise, stay cool and have fun!

See you around!

Best wishes,

Gahks

:D
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:42 pm
Demeter says...

Hi and welcome!

It's great that you've gotten started that well! And luckily you've remembered to give reviews, too. I'll take a look at your work soon!

Firearris pretty much said everything technical, so I'll just stick on being nice and not making a fool of myself. Haha :D I'm so funny.

I'm sorry, I'm a little tired now, I've walked around a city all the day... So I'm not very alert and definitely not funny, I think. I mean, for now. Usually I am.

Okay, I'll stop. Have an extra dextra super duper fantastic time here on the greatest site ever!!! Oh, and PM me if and when you need reviews or any help, or just want to talk, and I'll be there. See you around!

Hugs
Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:59 pm
Emerson says...

Hello!

If you need help around the site or have a question, feel free to message me; though I'm sure everyone else has said that, too. I hope you enjoy the site!

Making friends is fun. :)
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:22 pm
Adnamarine says...

Hiya Gryff! Welcome to YWS! *does a little jig* Very happy to have you here:)

I know it might seem a little overwhelming at first, but this really is a fabulous place:) If you have any questions, just shoot me a PM or something.

Oh, and of course if you ever Ever want a review (I major in poetry, but anything is fine), I'd be very happy to:D

*adna*
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:11 am
gryffgotgame says...

Thanks everyone!!! You've been above and beyond awesome=)

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:42 am
Firearris says...

Hello Gryff, and Welcome to YOUNG WRITERS SOCIETY!!!!!!!! I'm Fire, Arris, Firearris, FA, or you can make something up. What hobbies do you have? What do you read? Do you have any pets? Tell us more!

Here are some good links:

Contact & Staff: A List of people you can contact for help if needed, (mods and admins), this list is a bit old, but you can still contact most of the people on it. contact.php

Rules & Guides A List of rules, and also some guides. I suggest you go through this so you know what you can and can't do on here, and the guides can be loads of help! I sometimes wish I knew about them when I joined XD rules.php

FAQ Frequently Asked Questions! You may have a problem, and you might be able to find the answer here. faq.php

Also, here is a color list:

Blue Name = Greeters.

Purple Name = Instructors.

Light Green = Junior Moderator.

Dark Green = Moderators.

Red = Admins.

Feel Free to PM me if you want a crit, or you need any help!

~Arris
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:58 am
naturesgirl says...

Welcome! I'm new as well. Hopefully we can both come to adapt to this site (i sure hope its in human nature!) NEways, I'm glad to see you've already posted your works. Looks like I'll have to check them out!

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:56 am
Squall says...

Hello and welcome to YWS. Judging from your post, you seem to like writing on the teenage age group. Well there is nothing actually wrong about that, it's qutie easily to fall onto the cliches of teenage literature and end up having a sterotypical narrative. Let's face it, cliches annoy the heck out of me. If I tend to have a teenage character, I try to avoid teenage sterotypes and treat them more like adults or justifying the reasons as to why they feel that way without making them seem annoying or teenage angsty. But hey, that's just me.

Hope you'll enjoy the site.

Andy.
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

[while trapped in a bucket of popcorn] You know what the worst part is? It's not even butter. We're gonna be destroyed by... ARTIFICIAL FLAVORING!
— Blake Bradley, Power Rangers Ninja Storm