z

Young Writers Society

Hi!

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:02 am
writerscottie says...

Hello fellow writers! I'm 11, blonde, and a girl! I hope you enjoy my story, Lizzie. It took me a long time to write this, and though it's only a few chapters, my heart and soul went into this. Please enjoy.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:12 am
Emerson says...

Welcome to YWS!

When posting your stories, please keep in mind that we have a policy that for every one story you post, you should review two things. I would suggest that if you haven't, you read the rules, FAQs, guidelines, and other random but helpful things around the site.

If you have any questions or need help with something around the site, feel free to PM me! What kind of story is Lizzie? What genre is it? And what do you like to read? I'm nosy. ^_^

Enjoy the site!
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Random avatar

Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:18 am
writerscottie says...

Everyone, if you are wondering what Lizzie is like, I will tell you. It is set in the 1870's, in a rural Eastern town in Iowa or something. A young woman named Lizzie finds her way in the world by making mistakes, falling in love, and being herself. It's not as cheesy as it sounds, believe me!

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:30 am
Firearris says...

Hello Writer, and Welcome to YOUNG WRITERS SOCIETY!!!!!!!! I'm Fire, Arris, Firearris, FA, or you can make something up. What hobbies do you have? What do you read? Do you have any pets? Tell us more! Wow, Your a younger one!

Here are some good links:

Contact & Staff: A List of people you can contact for help if needed, (mods and admins), this list is a bit old, but you can still contact most of the people on it. contact.php

Rules & Guides A List of rules, and also some guides. I suggest you go through this so you know what you can and can't do on here, and the guides can be loads of help! I sometimes wish I knew about them when I joined XD rules.php

FAQ Frequently Asked Questions! You may have a problem, and you might be able to find the answer here. faq.php

Also, here is a color list:

Blue Name = Greeters.

Purple Name = Instructors.

Light Green = Junior Moderator.

Dark Green = Moderators.

Red = Admins.

Feel Free to PM me if you want a crit, or you need any help!

~Arris
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:52 am
casey_kent says...

Hey there!!

Welcome to YWS!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

Random avatar

Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:04 pm
writerscottie says...

Firearris, casey_kent, thanks so much for the advice. I just signed on yesterday, so I'm gonna need all the help I can get! Bye!

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:22 pm
View Likes
Gahks says...

Hi there from England!

Welcome to YWS! I'm Gahks (that's pronounced 'garks'); glad to meet you!

Lizzie appears to be a historical fiction piece so I presume that's what you're into. I'm a crime buff myself, but I'm sure there are plenty of people who'd be interested to read your work! (Myself included perhaps!)

Do you have any hobbies or interests? I enjoy cycling, languages and drama: how about you?

Feel free to PM me if anything's on your mind.

See you around!

Gahks

:D
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:21 pm
View Likes
Adnamarine says...

Hiya Scottie! Welcome to YWS! *does a little jig* Very happy to have you here:)

I know it might seem a little overwhelming at first, but this really is a fabulous place:) If you have any questions, just shoot me a PM or something.

Oh, and of course if you ever Ever want a review (I major in poetry, but anything is fine), I'd be very happy to:D

*adna*
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:47 am
Demeter says...

Hi there – may I call you Scottie? :) I'm Demeter.

Wow, you're eleven. I was once eleven, too... O tempora. No, really, I think it's awesome that younger people find their way to YWS, too! I'm getting bored to all these seniors. Haha. Just kidding.

Your story sounds interesting, I could have a look on it some time! Have you written anything else or have you just been devoted to Lizzie? I'm at my best in fiction, but I do write poems, too. And columns/articles. I'd like to be a journalist. And author, of course! :D

Hmm... I think the others have already pointed out all that technical stuff, so there isn't much for me to do, anymore. Besides making you feel welcome and cozy!

So, I hope you'll enjoy the site as much as I do. Have a superb time!

Best wishes
Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

People find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right.
— Albus Dumbledore