z

Young Writers Society

Voici moi...

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:28 pm
Crawfy says...

Yep, there's my tacky French for the lotta ya! Hi, I'm here because you know why? I enjoy writing! I like to pretend I'm good but I've been having a browse round here for a while and I must say there are some really talented people around here! I might post part of my story here later on... but for now - Au Revoir!

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:34 pm
Emerson says...

Bonjour et bienvenue! Vous parlez français, ou non? ^_~

Welcome to YWS! If you have any questions or need help around the site with something, feel free to Pm me. Don't be too intimidated by us! We just want to help. In fact, the best writers are almost always the best reviewers, too! Before long, you'll find your writing is improving - and by a lot. Speaking of writing, what kinds of things do you write? Poetry, fiction, romance, fantasy?

I hope you enjoy the site! Or should I have written this all in French? :P
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

10 Reviews

Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:41 pm
Crawfy says...

Hi!

Thanks for replying so soon, I think my French is limited to... more or less what I said hehe! I like Fantasy, sometimes with a twist of modern-day references to it. I like poetry, but I consider myself no great poet :-). Hopefully I can do some reviews and help some people out :-D
D'eh! C'est Crawfy!

Got YWS?

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:48 pm
Emerson says...

Not a problem. ^_^ I'm sure you'll be a great help to the site; every member is! I would say that you could expect a review from me except I almost never touch fantasy. If you do post a poem though, you might see something from me! I feel like being friendly so I'm replying again, even though I don't really have much to say, haha.

Hmmm I will ask more questions. Who are your favorite authors?/What are your favorite books?
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

10 Reviews

Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:51 pm
Crawfy says...

Heh,

Because I am feeling super happy I will spam my own welcome thread (not a good sign) :-)

I like Tolkien mostly, I think he was a great writer, oh--and Markus Zusak. The Book Thief I thought was amazing although technically, I haven't finished it yet, hah! Of course, Harry Potter I enjoyed but not as much as the LotR, no matter how hard it is to get into :-D

See you about!
D'eh! C'est Crawfy!

Got YWS?

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:02 pm
Love2act4ever says...

*Sings* WELCOME TO THE YOUNG WRITERS SOCIETY! *Sings*

Ehm, now that I have broken glass, welcome! I'm Love2act4ever, or Josh, and I am kind of new too, but I decided to welcome someone. You know, you are the first person I have welcomed. GO YOU!

Anyway, read the rules, pm if questions, and have fun. It's a great sight and a lot of help to anyone wanting to be a writer or anyone with grammar problems (a.k.a. me). Remember to write 2 reviews before posting your own work. I think that’s it. xD
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~William Shakespeare~
Scripts need love too!!!

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:59 pm
GordonRamsayLuver says...

Hello I am GordonRamsayLuver or GRL for short.
Welcome to the site.
If you have any questions about the site feel free to pm me anytime.

See you around. GRL aka GordonRamsayLuver
I'm the type of girl who will burst out laughing in dead silence about something that happened yesterday.

Your the reason why I download hate Icons!

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:26 am
Firearris says...

Hello Crawfy, and Welcome to YOUNG WRITERS SOCIETY!!!!!!!! I'm Fire, Arris, Firearris, FA, or you can make something up. What hobbies do you have? What do you read? Do you have any pets? Tell us more! Ooooh, French? Fun, fun! I tried to learn it, but quit. XD

Here are some good links:

Contact & Staff: A List of people you can contact for help if needed, (mods and admins), this list is a bit old, but you can still contact most of the people on it. contact.php

Rules & Guides A List of rules, and also some guides. I suggest you go through this so you know what you can and can't do on here, and the guides can be loads of help! I sometimes wish I knew about them when I joined XD rules.php

FAQ Frequently Asked Questions! You may have a problem, and you might be able to find the answer here. faq.php

Also, here is a color list:

Blue Name = Greeters.

Purple Name = Instructors.

Light Green = Junior Moderator.

Dark Green = Moderators.

Red = Admins.

Feel Free to PM me if you want a crit, or you need any help!

~Arris
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:08 pm
casey_kent says...

Hey there!!

Welcome to YWS!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:19 pm
Gahks says...

Bonjour et bienvenue!

Welcome to the madness that is the YWS!

Do you have any hobbies or interests? I enjoy drama, cycling and watching crime stuff. What sort of genres do you read/write in? I'm a crime fan myself, but do you dabble in science-fiction? Romance? Historical Fiction? I'm also really into poetry at the moment: what about you?

I presume you speak French so you may find the Languages Usergroup appealing.

Any problems, PM me!

Best wishes,

Gahks :D (pronounced 'garks')
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:35 pm
Demeter says...

Bienvenue, cher Crawfy!

Did you know that your avatar is very... disturbing? :D I just have to watch it, but when I do, I have to stop watching it. Weird? Nah. That's just me.

This is such a great site. Mostly because a) the people here are awesome and b) you can do your favourite things, writing and criticizing. :) I'm pretty sure you've already noticed these things, though... Mais c'est la vérité!

You know, you shouldn't started the topic with a title like that... Now everyone talks French to you and it's not so good if your French skills are what you said. :D But it's so much fun, talking French. Haha.

Okay, I think you've had enough of my rambling so I'll just leave you alone now. Enjoy your time here (which I'm sure you will) and behave yourself! :D

Oh, and remember to PM me if you need help, reviews, have questions, want to talk or anything, I'll be here. And you could PM me when you've posted some of your work...?

See you around,
Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:22 pm
Adnamarine says...

Hiya Crawfy! Welcome to YWS! *does a little jig* Very happy to have you here:)

I know it might seem a little overwhelming at first, but this really is a fabulous place:) If you have any questions, just shoot me a PM or something.

Oh, and of course if you ever Ever want a review (I major in poetry, but anything is fine), I'd be very happy to:D

*adna*
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:27 am
Snoink says...

Dude, it's kind of amazing how awesome some of the people are on this site. Usually they're the ones who like to get killed from harsh criticism... they're weird like that. XD

Speaking of harsh criticism! I like to critique fantasy on occasion. So I'll take a look at some of your stuff and rant to you about it, because that's what I do. ;)

No, but seriously: Welcome to YWS! Hope you enjoy it here. ;)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

HONK
— The Golden Goose