z

Young Writers Society

Um...Hi everyone

Reviews: 2
Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:16 am
Senri says...

Hi everyone, I'm Senri, and it's a pleasure to meet more writers. Okay, so where do I start with my intro? Oh, well, I'm sixteen, and I'm a junior in highschool who's about to be a senior. I'm quite young for my grade, actually. Anyway, I love writing and martial arts. I practice Muay Thai, Taijiquan, and Wrestling as my fighting style. Acting and golf are also other skills of mine, as well as the Cello and medicine.

Anyway, My dream is to be a famous author and move to Japan. There, I'll make a dojo and my own manga, which will hopefully become an Anime. :D

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:37 am
Firearris says...

Hello Senri, and Welcome to YOUNG WRITERS SOCIETY!!!!!!!! I'm Fire, Arris, Firearris, FA, or you can make something up. What hobbies do you have? What do you read? Do you have any pets? Tell us more!

Here are some good links:

Contact & Staff: A List of people you can contact for help if needed, (mods and admins), this list is a bit old, but you can still contact most of the people on it. contact.php

Rules & Guides A List of rules, and also some guides. I suggest you go through this so you know what you can and can't do on here, and the guides can be loads of help! I sometimes wish I knew about them when I joined XD rules.php

FAQ Frequently Asked Questions! You may have a problem, and you might be able to find the answer here. faq.php

Also, here is a color list:

Blue Name = Greeters.

Purple Name = Instructors.

Light Green = Junior Moderator.

Dark Green = Moderators.

Red = Admins.

Feel Free to PM me if you want a crit, or you need any help!

~Arris
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:11 am
Lynlyn says...

Hey, Senri! Wow, big dreams. :)

Martial Arts has always been one of those things that I've always wanted to do, but never actually tried. I suppose I would devote the time if I cared about it more - I'd rather learn fencing, I guess.

I'm also into acting. Have you been in many plays?

A lot of my friends play cello and love it - how long have you been playing?
"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world." - G. B. Shaw
Lynlyn's Magical Critique Emporium - request a review here.

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:44 am
casey_kent says...

Hey there!!

Welcome to YWS!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:11 am
Demeter says...

Welcome, Senri!

Nice name :) I'm Demeter *makes a curtsy*

So, this is YWS aka Young Writers Society. As you may have noticed, people here are very nice and helpful, and they don't even bite very hard! So I hope you feel cozy here.

I wonder how many people here wouldn't want to be famous authors? :) At least I would! I don't know much about golf (my dad is really into it, though) nor medicine (that's what my brother is studying in an uni – okay, it's medical science) nor martial arts, but I love to act and have played piano for... nine years? Something like that.

What kind of things you like to write?

If you have any questions, need critique or just want to chat, don't hesitate to PM me! See you around.

Best wishes from
Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:56 am
Senri says...

Thank you for you greetings everyone, I really appreciate it. To answer some of your questions; My hobbies are writing(ofcourse), walking around and exploring, reading, playing video games, working out, and watching Anime. I read a lot of Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Mystery, and Horror. I don't have any pets, but I do want a panther in the future.

I write Fantasy, Sci-Fi, and Action/Adventure. I've been in five big production, and my next play is in November. I've been playing the cello for a few months, and really like it.

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:53 am
Alainna says...

A panther! High maintenance, no?

Anyways, welcome to YWS!!

If you ever need anything at all then feel free to pm me and I'll be happy to help you out.

Good luck with your writing and your plays.

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

183 Reviews

Reviews: 183
Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:07 pm
LoveableLittleSock says...

Wow. A panther. You certainly aim high for the future.

Anyway, welcome to YWS! By what you've told us, I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time being a member on this site. If you like anime, feel free to post some stories in the fanfiction section about the shows.

You writing interests are very specific. We have forums for all of those (Sci-fi, Action/Adventure, and Fantasy) and all of us here are pretty eager to read your work! I like to explain this to all of the new members, so let me tell you about the point system.

Obviously, when you post stuff, you either lose, or gain points (sometimes don't lose or gain any at all). When you review somebody's work or post in forums dedicated to helping other (like this one) you receive points. The highest amount of points you can earn for one post is 50. In turn, you can use these points to post stories and poems, write in Storybooks, or post a new topic or contest. When you post in a Storybook, you lose 5 points. When you post a story or a poem, you lose 100. Making a storybook is 500 points, seeing how it's a pretty large project.

Speaking of storybooks, you say you like reading/writing genres life sci-fi and adventure. You see, in storybooks, you start a story and wait for other people to finish it. For example, "One day, (person's character) Bob went to the store." You post, "(My character) Jenny intercepted Bob and greeted him." The other person posts, "Bob says hello to Jenny, turns into a man-eating dragon, and bites her head off." You see?

If yo have any questions, concerns, or cries of outrage, feel free to PM me. I'm happy to help.

~*Sara*~
Got YWS?

Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:53 pm
Senri says...

I'm glad that I recieved so many replies. I can already tell that I'll love it here thanks to your greetings. :) I also look forward to looking at everyone's work as well. I'll start critiquing in a few minutes.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:01 pm
vamplord12 says...

hey Senri! im Dan/Vamplord/Vampy/Pantherboy/Pink Panther (you would get those last two by being in the chat with me) welcome to YWS! if you need any crits. or reviews im here if you need them. martial arts is something i have wanted to do for years, but my parents would never let me...on account that they think i would use my sister as a test dummy...even though i have assured them that i would only use it in self-defense. hopefully they will let me do it soon though...cause i know that it would be a great skill to have later in life.

well just remember...crits or reviews i can do, also editing stories is something i am good at if you need that too.

~Dan
there is no such thing as good and evil, there is only power...

Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:40 pm
Senri says...

Thank you Dan. :) Yes, martial arts is really fun, and it's a great way to get in shape too. My styles are very good for internal and external force. Some of my classmates want me to teach them, but I think they would use it to bully others. :D I think you would be a responsible martial artist. :)
Que Sera Sere- "Whatever will be, will be. What won't happen, won't."

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:19 pm
Adnamarine says...

Hiyas Senri! Welcome to YWS! *does a little jig* Very happy to have you here:)

I know it might seem a little overwhelming at first, but this really is a fabulous place:) If you have any questions, just shoot me a PM or something.

Oh, and of course if you ever Ever want a review (I major in poetry, but anything is fine), I'd be very happy to:D

*adna*
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:02 pm
Emerson says...

Hello Senri! :D Yay seniors of '09! That's me, too. [I'm kind of old for my grade...]

You play the cello? That's rather amazing, I must say. I love music, and have tried to play musical instruments, but I fail a lot. So I stick to words. ^_^

If you have any questions, or need help on the site, or just want to bug someone, go for it! I'm one of those moderators Firearris mentioned. That means that while I am just as cool as everyone else on YWS (because anyone on YWS is cool) I have more powers. Which doesn't amount to much. I can lock and move stuff. Isn't it great?

Enjoy YWS!
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:14 am
Senri says...

Thank you, I'm happy to be getting all these warm welcomes. :)
Que Sera Sere- "Whatever will be, will be. What won't happen, won't."

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:30 am
Snoink says...

Wait! Wait! You are going to create a manga? Does this mean you're an artist as well, or am I totally misunderstanding the Japanese language again? XD
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Poetry and prayer are very similar.
— Carol Ann Duffy