z

Young Writers Society

...I suppose this is the welcome forum!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri May 23, 2008 1:57 am
Sourkraut says...

Hi! I'm sourkraut, SK for short. I like to read Science fiction and I do a little bit of writing on the side. My friends told me to post something I did so I tried to find a Site to post at and I found this. So, uh... Hi!

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri May 23, 2008 2:04 am
Church says...

Welcome to YWS, SK. I hope you enjoy it here. We all have a lot. If you need anything or have anyquestions just PM me and I will be sure to help you as best I can. See ay around, SK.

Completley forgot to introduce myself. I'm Church! In case you wanted to know that is.
-"When God gives you lemons, you find new God" YouTube.com
-If the world is going to end soon, so be it. It can end without me. Myself
-http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?p=364993#364993 When the World Stops Spinning

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Fri May 23, 2008 9:49 am
Gahks says...

Hey SK!

Welcome to YWS from cloudy England! I'm Gahks (that's pronounced 'garks'); glad to meet you!

I don't read or write science-fiction, but there are plenty of people on this site who do; I'm more into crime myself, although I'm currently writing a sci-fi crime short story. Do you have any hobbies or interests?

Again, welcome to the site and do feel free to PM me if anything's on your mind.

Best wishes,

Gahks

:D
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Fri May 23, 2008 11:07 am
myfreindsavamp says...

Welscome, SK to the one and all, but not the only, youngwrtiterssociaty.

Hope you have a great time here, and that your friend is able to find the Site. Well, if you need any help holar at mostly anyone and they'll try and help.

Hopefully this helps you with things and just to let you know eather way, if your friend wants you to put something on the web it's still probable gona get reviewed. :D

Well have a good day and doen't let the door hit ya. 8)

Singed,
Amber
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Fri May 23, 2008 11:08 am
mizz-iceberg says...

Hello! Welcome to YWS SK!

I'm sure you'll have lots of fun! So what kind of things do you like to do other than writing? What type of music do you listen to? Favourite writers?
This is your thread and tell us as much as you can about yourself.
Make sure you check out the FAQs, Guides and Rules. If you ever have questions feel free to PM me.

See you around!
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Fri May 23, 2008 12:58 pm
writ3rindisguis3 says...

Hello Sourkrout! Welcome to Young Writers Society. I look forward to seeing some of your works. I am also new here and am not quite familiar with this site, but if you have any questions, PM me. I like reading some sci-fi. I can't wait to see what you put on here! :D

writ3rindisguis3

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Fri May 23, 2008 1:25 pm
Demeter says...

Hi SK

Welcome to the greatest place for young writers that you can find on Earth. Someone called it the "land of electric ink". I love it. Hmm, was it JLAM? I'm not sure.

But enough of that already. I'm Demeter and I'm willing to give a hand if you ever need any help. So just PM me when you feel like it. :)

Have a great time,
Demeter
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

183 Reviews

Reviews: 183
Fri May 23, 2008 3:57 pm
LoveableLittleSock says...

Hey SK! Welcome to the Young Writers Society. If you like to write and read Science Fiction, there's a whole entire forum dedicated to that. There are tons of people here on YWS who will love to read and critique your work to improve it.

Just a heads up on the points system (I like to explain this to all new users): To post anything - a chapter, a poem, a short story - it costs a 100 points. You can get points by posting reviews for other works. The highest amount of points you can get for one post is 50, so therefore you need at least 2 reviews to post something of your own.

PM me if you have any questions at all. I'll be happy to help!

~*Sara*~
Got YWS?

101 Reviews

Reviews: 101
Fri May 23, 2008 4:25 pm
God says...

hello, Im God, nice to meet you and welcome to YWS, from the dreary back-end of Michigan.

Most everything was already explained to you by everybody else, so have fun and dont feed the barracudas! :D
Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Fri May 23, 2008 4:58 pm
Alainna says...

Hiya Sk and welcome to YWS!!

If you ever need anything at all then feel free to pm me and I'll be more than happy to help you out. Check out the FAQ's and Guide to YWS - they really help.

All the best and I hope you like it here.

See you,
Alainna
xx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Sat May 24, 2008 3:21 pm
blacktiger3915 says...

Welcome welcome welcome welcome! Hi Sk, I'm Brooke! If you really like the website, bring your friends! Good luck and have a good time.
Don't send sheep to kill a wolf.

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Sun May 25, 2008 8:57 pm
Adnamarine says...

Hiya SK! Welcome to YWS! *does a little jig* Very happy to have you here:)

I know it might seem a little overwhelming at first, but this really is a fabulous place:) If you have any questions, just shoot me a PM or something.

Oh, and of course if you ever Ever want a review (I mostly do poetry, but anything is fine), I'd be very happy to oblige:D

See you around, I'm sure. I'm sure you'll adore this site in no time at all:)

*adna*
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Mon May 26, 2008 4:51 am
casey_kent says...

Hello there!

Welcome to YWS!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Mon May 26, 2008 8:21 pm
SimonCowellLuver says...

Hello SK I am SimonCowellLuver just SCL for short. Welcome to the Young Writers Society. I am a greeter so i am greeting you XD. Hope you have fun writing and chatting and doing other great stuff.

If you have any questions about the site feel free to pm me or chat with me anytime. See you around. :smt020 :smt021 :smt065 :smt059 :smt051 :smt026 :smt006 :smt013 :smt049 :smt032 :smt031 :smt040 :smt038 :smt046 :smt109 :smt075 :elephant: :smt113 :smt115 :smt100 :smt116 :piratedthread: :smt096 :smt077 :smt061 :smt117 :smt118 :smt119 :smt120 :pirate1: :ftw: :backtotopic: :pirate3: :pirate2: :smt079

Hope you find these as funny as I do. LOL SCL :D :)
3 facts: 1.You can't lick your elbow
2. you just tried it
3. I caught you cause i saw you

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:18 pm
Firearris says...

Hello SK, and Welcome to YOUNG WRITERS SOCIETY!!!!!!!! I'm Fire, Arris, Firearris, FA, or you can make something up. What hobbies do you have? What do you read? Do you draw? Do you have any pets? Tell us more!

Here are some good links:

Contact & Staff: A List of people you can contact for help if needed, (mods and admins), this list is a bit old, but you can still contact most of the people on it. contact.php

Rules & Guides A List of rules, and also some guides. I suggest you go through this so you know what you can and can't do on here, and the guides can be loads of help! I sometimes wish I knew about them when I joined XD rules.php

FAQ Frequently Asked Questions! You may have a problem, and you might be able to find the answer here. faq.php

Also, here is a color list:

Blue Name = Greeters.

Purple Name = Instructors.

Light Green = Junior Moderator.

Dark Green = Moderators.

Red = Admins.

Feel Free to PM me if you want a crit, or you need any help!

~Arris
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

Remember the rain that made your corn grow.
— Haitian Proverb