z

Young Writers Society

YELLO

Random avatar

Reviews: 8
Tue May 20, 2008 11:22 pm
panicitsamelon says...

:P :P :P :P :roll: :roll: sorry...um.....hi ^^; i write ^^ :P :shock: NOO! DO I REALLY?? :shock: :P :P :oops: :P :wink:

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Wed May 21, 2008 1:39 am
Poor Imp says...

Er...hullo, Panic.

Do you really write then? The lack of punctuation and capital letters makes the case a little dubious. ^_~ Anyhow, pardon me being flippant. ^_^ Welcome to YWS!

'Tis a brilliant place for writers. And if you do honestly write, you'll fit in deftly, no doubt at all. ^_^

Er, any favourite authors? How'd you get referred to YWS?

IMP
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Wed May 21, 2008 2:56 am
Dr. Jamie Bondage says...

Hwy! Welcome to YWS!

I hope you like it here! XD

what do you write? what do you enjoy reading?

If you have any questions, feel free to pm me!

Jamie

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Wed May 21, 2008 5:59 am
budding writer says...

hello there, panic, welcome to yws. being a new member myself i know you might panic 'panic'. so, hi ! it would be nice to say a bit more about yourself, your interests and hobbies. what kind of books do you prefer to read ? pm(private message) me and letme know.

nice having you here
-budding
## My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations ##

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Wed May 21, 2008 8:24 am
casey_kent says...

Hello there!

Welcome to YWS!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Wed May 21, 2008 3:23 pm
Adnamarine says...

Aha! Another deliciously new newbie to torment. *eyes the newbie hungrily*

Unfortunately, I'm forbidden to eat new members. Rats.

So, welcome to YWS, the home of hungry writers. *munches some cookies and offers the tin to Panic*

So what kinds of things do you like to write? Novels? Short stories? Sci fi? Fantasy? Historical fiction? Poetry? I like writing poetry a lot. I used to hate poetry. Don't ask what happened... but I've completely turned around.
What else do you like to do? What do you like to read?

I'm sure I'll be seeing you around. If you have any questions, go right ahead and ask me.
Oh, and when you have some stuff posted, I'd love to come critique it, so just send me a PM and I'll do my very best:)

*adna*
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

Random avatar

Thu May 22, 2008 7:26 pm
panicitsamelon says...

Hello all! Thank you for your generous welcomes i greatly appreciate it! :D
Anyhoo i am a struggling author/poet/human being. It's difficult being all three... well, i'm not an "author" yet, for now i am just a writer. I write mostly fantasy, some romantic-ish stuff. I love reading fantasy and relistic fiction but only funny stuff with lots of romance, being single since sixth grade and still not accomplishing anything with the opposite sex as a freshman i really need some kind of romance in my life. My favorite is DEFINATELY Louise Renisson, forgive my HORRIBLE spelling and grammar, that is my my mutti edits my work and i have spell check on the top bar in Word Documents. I have written one supposed book, totally raw and unedited, i started last summer and "finished" in the winter. It's a fantasy called Catcher's Craft but i can't get a single idea into words for a second book, it's supposed to be a series you see. I also write poetry, i have a lot posted on deviantart in which my screenname is "sadieofthenight" no my name is not sadie but it means princess like sarah does...anyhoo... I'm in love with the Hornmeister, Dave the Laugh, and after soccer games when we give the other team a high five and say good game i say instead "nice pants" Yes...well as you can tell, if you read this entire thing, that i am quite......interesting....but that however is the work of a writers brain...especially one that is easily obsessed with british people...dang nabit i wish i was british...anyways thank you again *take cookie from adna's tin and smiles happily with a giant bite, fank choo*
So...yeah um... that's a little about me...yes i did say a little...so i hope you didn't take one look at this and go :shock: then fall over....yes we couldn't have that...that would be quite bad...so yeah...i'll see you around? pm me for any other information and i would love it if you would critique my stuff. merci beaucoup and i will see you later ^ ^

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Thu May 22, 2008 7:36 pm
blacktiger3915 says...

Que tal! (Just came from Spanish class). What's up? Glad to have you here! I can't wait to read your works! Good luck and best wishes. :D

-Brooke 8)
Don't send sheep to kill a wolf.

Random avatar

Thu May 22, 2008 9:14 pm
panicitsamelon says...

fankies
You may think you're witty
You make think you're smart
But we know the truth
You're just an old fart

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Thu May 22, 2008 10:26 pm
[deleted1] says...

Hello, Panicitsamelon! Welcome to YWS! I'm Rick. For ever two reviews you have, you can post one of your own work. Also, after you have twenty-five reviews, you can access the YWS chatroom. Also, watch the chat speak and caps. If you have any questions/concerns, PM me.

Blue names- Greeters.

Purple names- Instructors.

Light green names- Jr. Mods.

Dark green names- Mods.

Red names- Admins.

Bye!

-Rick.

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Thu May 22, 2008 10:40 pm
Twit says...

You have serious paragraph shortage. Maa'lesh, it happens to everyone.

You do not need romance. Seriously. To quote Laurence Olivier... Well, perhaps I'd better not. Little pitchers at the diamond and all that.

Punctuation, spacing and grammer are your friends. Go to them now, Krabs, embrace them, tell them you're sorry you ever doubted them.

Be happy in your work.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Thu May 22, 2008 11:40 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

Single since sixth grade. The horror, the horror! :D Sorry...I'm skeptical of romance unless it's the die-hard 'this is my soul mate and my best friend and my worst enemy all rolled into one' kind.

Anyway, I'm Sunny. *cyber-shakes panic's hand* and I'm looking forward to reading your stuff! But if your grammar is terrible, then I apologize ahead of time for the heartache that I might cause you...I'm studying to be an English teacher. *grins evilly*
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Fri May 23, 2008 11:15 am
mizz-iceberg says...

Hello, Panic! Welcome to YWS! Ahaha, I love romance as well! Though I'm not completely obsessed with it. And...err yes you are interesting! Hehe.
Well be sure to check out the Guides, Rules and FAQs. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

See you around!
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Tue May 27, 2008 10:20 pm
GordonRamsayLuver says...

Hello Welcome to YWS!!! I like it here so far. What about you? I am new but I can find my away because of my pal SCL. Ever Heard of her? If you didn't you missing out with some crazy fun with her well see you around sometime nice to meet you.

GRL 8)
I'm the type of girl who will burst out laughing in dead silence about something that happened yesterday.

Your the reason why I download hate Icons!

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:15 pm
Firearris says...

Hello Panic, and Welcome to YOUNG WRITERS SOCIETY!!!!!!!! I'm Fire, Arris, Firearris, FA, or you can make something up. What hobbies do you have? What do you read? Do you draw? Do you have any pets? Tell us more!

Here are some good links:

Contact & Staff: A List of people you can contact for help if needed, (mods and admins), this list is a bit old, but you can still contact most of the people on it. contact.php

Rules & Guides A List of rules, and also some guides. I suggest you go through this so you know what you can and can't do on here, and the guides can be loads of help! I sometimes wish I knew about them when I joined XD rules.php

FAQ Frequently Asked Questions! You may have a problem, and you might be able to find the answer here. faq.php

Also, here is a color list:

Blue Name = Greeters.

Purple Name = Instructors.

Light Green = Junior Moderator.

Dark Green = Moderators.

Red = Admins.

Feel Free to PM me if you want a crit, or you need any help!

~Arris
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

If we choose, we can live in a world of comforting illusion.
— Noam Chomsky