z

Young Writers Society

A vison of Darkmoon

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Thu May 26, 2005 2:09 pm
Darkmoon158 says...

It is a dark and cold night in the forest that you just seemed to stumble upon. You hear a rustle from next to you as you walk down the dimly light pathway. Suddenly a person emerges from the shadows. You stop, frightened, at what the person might want. It is an old man dressed in a long cloak, he motions for you to get closer. "Come closer, my dear, and I will tell you of a story of a girl much like anyone else." As you move closer the clouds overhead move across the moon. The light shines through the tree limbs. "And this girls name is," the old man walks into a clearing and so do you. The full moon shines over you. "Darkmoon."

Ahem, I am Darkmoon...not the old man. The year I turned six years old was the year that changed my life forever. My mother was rushed to the hospital because she complained of side pains. She was diagonsed with liver cancer and they said she had six months to live. You can just imagine what that does to a little kids brain. My whole family moved to New Hampshire so that my mom could go to a hospital for treatment there. It just so happens that my whole family lives there too. I lived in New Hampshire for two years and thank God that my mom lived through those years. About four years ago we moved back to Florida for we had been living here before. My mom is still living and I am thankful for everyday I wake up and her smiling face. I am Katie, or Darkmoon as you guys call me here, and I am glad I still have parents, a sister and a whole family how cares. I consider myself to be the luckiest person ever.

I always have good grades and I never get in trouble. Sometimes I go to church with you_really_suck (I know beautiful user name, right?) and her family. That is so far in my twelve-year-old life, I hope you enjoyed.
For now I will let the blood drip from my fingers...

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Thu May 26, 2005 4:21 pm
Zion says...

It was about time you posted your biography. :D Glad to hear your mom passed those terrible crisis. Sadly, my aunt was not that lucky, her lung cancer was discovered too late.
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

Reviews: 2
Tue May 31, 2005 1:54 pm
tinkerbell_09 says...

What a good news that your mother is still living with you. And i see that you really love being with your family. Nice attitude. Coz I don't want to be with my family sometimes. They are not my treasure.

Anyways, I'm sure your mother is so proud to have you.

Tell us more about your life! :)
I live not because God wants me to. But because I have the will to go on.LIFE IS HARD. And I don't know why. And I don't plan to understand.

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Tue May 31, 2005 2:11 pm
Chevy says...

I tried to get people from my church to join but they're really mean so it didn't work.
You are very mature. If I hadn't looked at your age I would have thought you were 15, and it's good your mom is still alive!
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

38 Reviews

Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:28 pm
Darkmoon158 says...

I will tell you more about me but the catch is you must visit my blog to see it. *evil grin* Sorry (not really) if that's an inconvenience. :D

154 Reviews

Reviews: 154
Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:28 am
Armadian says...

Nice to hear your mom got through the tough times!
How can you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist...

38 Reviews

Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:49 pm
Darkmoon158 says...

Well you see my mom still has cancer it's just she can live in Florida and still get medicine..so yeah...

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:22 am
listeningforthemuse says...

Wow
Great opening! It really captured my attention
"...she was a lovely lady, with a romantic mind and such a sweet mocking mouth..."

- 'Peter Pan' by J.M. Barrie

That there's some good in this world, Mr Frodo - and it's worth fighting for.
— Samwise Gamgee