z

Young Writers Society

Egad! I'm new!

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Wed May 14, 2008 5:31 am
Yarmin Kun says...

Ah jaysis, it seems I'm kinda lost in here. Oh, well...

Hey nice people (at least, I hope your nice), here is the latest noob to hit the YWS. I was led to this site by following a link on another site (don't ask), and well, I just wanna say Hi! To the people who have been here for a while, is this place good? I'm taking my writing more seriously as of this year, so I'm starting to learn a thing or two and well, I need feedback! And friends!! And I wanna read other peoples work as well!!! Ok ok, I'll shut up now.

Thank ye!

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Wed May 14, 2008 5:58 am
mizz-iceberg says...

Hello Yarmin! Welcome to YWS! Yes this place is awesome and will help you tons with your writing. YWS sure helped me a lot and is still helping me. And we're all nice people, don't worry! :D

I'd love to give you feedback and I'm looking forward to reading your writing.

If you have any questions or any concerns feel free to PM me. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun!

See you around!
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Wed May 14, 2008 6:00 am
Meshugenah says...

Hi! Welcome to YWS! I think it's awesome, but I'm just a wee bit biased, if I do say so myself.

If you have any questions about the site, feel free to send 'em my way! I know what I'm doing (well, on alternating Sundays and when it rains in the morning).

See ya around the site!

Bek
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Wed May 14, 2008 7:08 pm
Shine says...

Welcome welcome welcome!!!!

This place is the best.Believe me.(as I am a nice person :P)

See you around then.

Have fun!

~Sayani~
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Wed May 14, 2008 7:16 pm
Dr. Jamie Bondage says...

Hey! Welcome to YWS! I've been here for at least a year, and am absolutely addicted to the site!

People here will help you grow in your writing. I know they helped me. XD Lol.

Anyways, welcome to YWS! Hope you really like it!

If you need anything, or have any questions, feel free to pm me. XD

Jamie

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Thu May 15, 2008 2:54 am
casey_kent says...

Hey there!!

Welcome to YWS!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu May 15, 2008 9:19 am
melkor says...

Welcome oh new one!

I'm sure you'll absoloutely love it here, I know I do, and I'm insane!

If you need any help, or even a review just gives us a shout!

"He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it. "
"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."
~Douglas Adams

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu May 15, 2008 12:55 pm
View Likes
Demeter says...

Welcome!

Is this place good? Check. Am I nice? Check. Can I help you in anything you like? Double check. :)

It's always nice to have newbies here :) Hope you'll like it here as much as I do!

Best wishes
Demeter
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:54 pm
Firearris says...

Hello and Welcome to YOUNG WRITERS SOCIETY!!!!!!!! I'm Fire, Arris, Firearris, FA, or you can make something up. What hobbies do you have? What do you read? What do you write? Do you have any pets? Tell us more!

Here are some good links:

Contact & Staff: A List of people you can contact for help if needed, (mods and admins), this list is a bit old, but you can still contact most of the people on it. contact.php

Rules & Guides A List of rules, and also some guides. I suggest you go through this so you know what you can and can't do on here, and the guides can be loads of help! I sometimes wish I knew about them when I joined XD rules.php

FAQ Frequently Asked Questions! You may have a problem, and you might be able to find the answer here. faq.php

Also, here is a color list:

Blue Name = Greeters.

Purple Name = Instructors.

Light Green = Junior Moderator.

Dark Green = Moderators.

Red = Admins.

Feel Free to PM me if you want a crit, or you need any help!

~Arris
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:43 am
Adnamarine says...

Hiya Yarmin! Welcome to YWS! *does a little jig* Very happy to have you here:)

I know it might seem a little overwhelming at first, but this really is a fabulous place:) If you have any questions, just shoot me a PM or something.

Oh, and of course if you ever Ever want a review (I mostly do poetry, but anything is fine), I'd be very happy to oblige:D

See you around, I'm sure. I'm sure you'll adore this site in no time at all:)

*adna*
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:13 am
Lynlyn says...

No need to shut up. We love talkative folks here. We are writers, after all, so naturally we blabber on a bit. ;)

Welcome to YWS! The folks in the blue are here to help you, though pretty much anyone (including me) will probably be glad to answer a question or two about the site. Review a couple of pieces and then post your own work - I'd love to read it! :wink:
"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world." - G. B. Shaw
Lynlyn's Magical Critique Emporium - request a review here.

Random avatar

Reviews: 21
Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:26 pm
sday1607 says...

Aaaaaiiiiiitteeee Yarmin, I'm Sday, pleasure's all mine :P
I've been a member for all of 4 (?) days, and already I feel semi-integrated into the website, checking posts every 10 minutes and whatnot.
If you feel in need of some reviewing etc etc, PM me, add me etc etc. All that, and you're more than welcome to read my stuff and critique mine :P
Welcome again, and happy writing!
Sday
Take that leap of faith, just don't look before you leap.

Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind