z

Young Writers Society

I'm New.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun May 11, 2008 3:41 am
casstic says...

Somebody give me the lowdown on the good and bad/basic rules i should know about this place?
I've previously used deviantart.com, xanga.com, and a few networking/game sites such as gaia.com, when I need a faster response.

I'm Cassandra. :)

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Sun May 11, 2008 3:50 am
C.J. Mustang says...

hey Cassandra! I'm CJ. How are you? OK, so here's the deal:

for every story or poem you write, you have to have at least 2 reviews.

no chat speak. bugs the crap out of everybody. we're writers, not IM-ers. :wink:

YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE BUGS THE CRAP OUT OF EVERYBODY? WRITING IN CAPS THE WHOLE TIME, JUST TO LET YOU KNOW.

When you post a story, always double-space after every paragraph. you don't need to do this for poems.

there are rules posted in every section of stories or poem you go to; they're usually at the top of the page.

so, that's the low-down from what I know of. Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions or if you just want to chat. Also, let me know what stories or poems you write so I can review them for you. Have a nice day! :D ~CJ

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sun May 11, 2008 3:58 am
Meshugenah says...

Hi! Welcome to YWS! CJ's got the basics of the rules covered; if you want to see the official site rules, check here. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me, anyone running around in blue or green (they're greeters and mods respectively. Purple is for instructors, who critique a lot and are excellent resources for all things literary, and red is admin.).

What do you write? Any favorite authors? Hobbies? Who's your team?

Anyhoo! Welcome again, and hope you enjoy the site!

Bek
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

7 Reviews

Sun May 11, 2008 4:13 am
casstic says...

Full caps is unlikely to be a problem for me... My bad habits are going to be minimal caps and tiny bits of chatspeak. =) But that's generally a social thing so I don't think I'll have a problem camouflaging.
Thanks, CJ.

I write mostly short stories about my pet characters, a couple named Anabel and Olivia, and occasionally I try not to disgrace sci-fi by pretending I'm any good at the genre. ^_^
Thanks for the help and pointers.

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sun May 11, 2008 5:51 am
Dr. Jamie Bondage says...

Hey! Welcome to YWS! I'm so glad you joined! Learning the rules off first bat is a good thing. Lol. I think CJ explained all the basic ones.

I hope you really enjoy the site! If you have any questions, please pm me.

Another rule is that you have to have 25 reviews to get into chat. just thought I'd warn you. lol.

Welcome!

Jamie

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Sun May 11, 2008 9:17 am
mizz-iceberg says...

Hello there! Welcome to YWS. Deviantart.com, xanga.com... oh cool. I'd like to see your art. You can post it up in the Arts and Photography forum.

Your avatar is very interesting...

Anywho, PM me if you ever need help.
Have fun!
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Sun May 11, 2008 9:24 am
View Likes
casey_kent says...

Hey there Cassandra!

Welcome to YWS!

I'm Casey!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

7 Reviews

Sun May 11, 2008 7:21 pm
casstic says...

Thanks for the warm welcomes. At the moment, there's a link to my DeviantART on my profile, if you want to see any.
My avatar is from Tool's album, Lateralus.

344 Reviews

Reviews: 344
Sun May 11, 2008 8:05 pm
Eimear says...

Hey, I think everyone's pretty covered the basics so I'll just drop in to say Weclome to YWS! God believe or not I never get sick of saying that. It just reminds me of all the lovely welcomes I got when I joined and the excitment that came with it.

Welcome again.

My name is Eimear, by the way.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:16 pm
View Likes
Firearris says...

Hello and Welcome to YOUNG WRITERS SOCIETY!!!!!!!! I'm Fire, Arris, Firearris, FA, or you can make something up. What hobbies do you have? What do you read? What do you write? Do you have any pets? Tell us more!

Here are some good links:

Contact & Staff: A List of people you can contact for help if needed, (mods and admins), this list is a bit old, but you can still contact most of the people on it. contact.php

Rules & Guides A List of rules, and also some guides. I suggest you go through this so you know what you can and can't do on here, and the guides can be loads of help! I sometimes wish I knew about them when I joined XD rules.php

FAQ Frequently Asked Questions! You may have a problem, and you might be able to find the answer here. faq.php

Also, here is a color list:

Blue Name = Greeters.

Purple Name = Instructors.

Light Green = Junior Moderator.

Dark Green = Moderators.

Red = Admins.

Feel Free to PM me if you want a crit, or you need any help!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:22 am
Adnamarine says...

Hiya Cassie! Welcome to YWS! *does a little jig* Very happy to have you here:)

I know it might seem a little overwhelming at first, but this really is a fabulous place:) If you have any questions, just shoot me a PM or something.

Oh, and of course if you ever Ever want a review (I mostly do poetry, but anything is fine), I'd be very happy to oblige:D

See you around, I'm sure. I'm sure you'll adore this site in no time at all:)

*adna*
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

sometimes i don't consider myself a poet but then i remember that i literally write poetry
— chikara