z

Young Writers Society

I've not much to say.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sun May 11, 2008 2:52 am
Ravenous says...

Hello everyone! You honestly don't know how happy I am to join YWS! My real name is John, and I've been writing for years now . . . my largest story(unfinished, discontinued, got lazy, you know that whole drill) is 66 pages. I am an artist too, and I LOVE to draw what I write, even though the depiction is never QUITE as I want. I'm mainly a science-fiction/fantasy writer . . . OKAY I'm TOTALLY a science-fiction/fantasy writer . . . all the way. Anyway, my latest story has been in the making for a year now, and now I've started writing it. Hope that interests you. Anyway, I am very glad to join, and I hope that this place is as great as Miranda and Danielle say it is!

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sun May 11, 2008 4:12 am
Meshugenah says...

Sci-fi writer! *attacks* Can't wait to see some of that!

Anyhoo, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me -- usually I [s]can pretend I know what I'm doing[/s] know what's going on!

Bek
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun May 11, 2008 4:16 am
Church says...

Sci-fi Is amazing. If you want to check out one of my sci-fi work just click my link. Well anyways PM me if you need a crit or any help. By the way I'm Church. On almost everyday so I am always availbe if you need me. See ya around I hope!
Last edited by Church on Sun May 11, 2008 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-"When God gives you lemons, you find new God" YouTube.com
-If the world is going to end soon, so be it. It can end without me. Myself
-http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?p=364993#364993 When the World Stops Spinning

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sun May 11, 2008 5:17 am
Dr. Jamie Bondage says...

So, you finally joined? You know Izm going to be talking to you on Monday about this, right?! and it is amazing! XD Lol. Glad you joined! Are you going to post any of your art? I was just wondering!

Welcome to YWS! Hope you love it! Pm me if you have any questions or need help with anything!

Jamie

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sun May 11, 2008 7:47 am
Demeter says...

Hey John!

You're so in the right place. I don't know know much about that sci-fi thing - I've never written or read it - but maybe I'll give it a try! ;) I'd like to see your drawings, too, because I'm a bit of an artist myself. Okay, maybe I shouldn't have said that, I'll ruin the artists' reputation. Haha.

I have so many "stories" I've started but never finished. I never really knew how to end the story (or I didn't even think about it), I just wrote, and now I have about million stupid hey-I'm-eleven stories. But luckily I've become wiser as I've grown up. I think. ;)

Anyway, have a great time over here! And I'll be glad to help if you need anything!
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Sun May 11, 2008 9:13 am
casey_kent says...

Hey John!

Welcome to YWS!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Sun May 11, 2008 9:13 am
mizz-iceberg says...

Hello John! Welcome to YWS! And yes this is an awesome site. It'll help you tons with your writing. I'd love to read your work and if you ever need any help PM me. Make sure you check out the FAQs, Guides and Rules of the site as they'll help you out a lot.

~Toodles for now,
see you around.
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

344 Reviews

Reviews: 344
Sun May 11, 2008 9:21 am
Eimear says...

Hullo John and welcome to YWS! I'm glad to hear you're very excited to join us. We're excited to have another budding writer in our midst. When I joined I couldn't quite believe my luck in coming across it, seeing as being a writer can sometimes feel rather lonely.

Anyway, I'd be happy to read and review any of your work for you, so PM me when you post up and I'll do my best! I mainly write about real life with a fantasy twist, but I do read a lot of fantasy and I could help you with your overall grammer, story structure ect.

Good luck and see ya around!

Eimear
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sun May 11, 2008 6:18 pm
kimmy says...

ohhh sic-fi...SWEET!! ^^
hey john! my name is kimmy! welcome to YWS!
like you, ive also been writing for a long time!
Ive also the same problem....i attempt to write a story, and halfway through i end up discontinuing it! ^.^
cant wait to read your work!
also, i would love to be your friend!
Keep writing!
<3 kimmy

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...."
- Edward Cullen

6 Reviews

Sun May 11, 2008 10:53 pm
Ravenous says...

OMG, I didn't think I'd be so accepted . . . and how well I can relate to all of you. Jamie? Jamie Knowles?

By the way, here's a list of all of my stories (short and long). I'm not sure about the lengths, but yeah.

In The Anthology of the Ethereal War:
-World of Desecration
-Shards of Glass
-Collapse of the Catacombs
-The Angel's Scourge
-The Betrayal
Each is about 15 pages.

My largest, as I said before, is 66 pages. It's called Machine, and it's about this robot that escapes in the city, but it's not like it sounds. I guess I'll have to post it sometime.

The one I'm laboring hard on is Crucifix, which is currently 22 pages, including chapter one, which is 19. There is enough plot laid out for about 500-600 I guess. There are five books to it. I've got character designs and everything. This one sort of ties everything I've ever come up with together.

So, yes, I did a lot of writing. I also've got some questions! When your story is supposed to be double-spaced between paragraphs, does it mean:

double
-
spaced

or

double
-
-
spaced?

Oh, and how long should a review be? After all, that's what i need to do before I can post a story.
"Every decision you make, every step you take, every thought you ponder, every place you wander, your curse will follow, and infect all who are around you. Keep to yourself, save others from a horrible death . . . or life.”

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun May 11, 2008 11:41 pm
Emerson says...

Hee hee, the one who didn't greet is here to answer. ^^,

When we say double spaced, we mean there should be spaces between your writing.
not
this

but

this.

It makes for easier readings. Otherwise the paragraphs can't be discerned, and it hurts! Reviews can be as long as you want, but the more information you give to the writer, the more you say what you liked and didn't like, and why, the better. If your reviews are short, people will [s]try to kill you[/s] bother you until they are longer. ^^

In any case, welcome to YWS! Like everyone else, if you have a question, feel free to pm me. Though, I've already done a bit of answering.

I can't promise you will see a review from me! I don't normally play in the scifi/fantasy areas. But, if you ask nicely, I may be able to provide something.

Enjoy the site! I'm terribly glad to see such a happy new member.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

6 Reviews

Sun May 11, 2008 11:50 pm
Ravenous says...

When I'm not expressing myself in writing, you may find me a bit weird. Ack, anyway. I have but one more question. I don't what whether my stories are fanstasy or sci-fi. They take place in the future, with extreme technology and all that jazz, but there's sorcery, witchcraft, divinity, swords, axes, magic, and other things. Stuff like Machine I know is sci-fi, but the Ethereal War and Crucifix are more of fantasy than sci-fi. What do I do?
"Every decision you make, every step you take, every thought you ponder, every place you wander, your curse will follow, and infect all who are around you. Keep to yourself, save others from a horrible death . . . or life.”

2058 Reviews

Sun May 11, 2008 11:54 pm
Emerson says...

Put it where you want to? hehe. When things get confusing, it is hard to choose! I would suggest fantasy, because form what I know, that gets more hits than scifi. But, wherever is fine.

Oh, weird. Pah. We're all terribly weird. You've yet to find out. ^_~
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”

6 Reviews

Sun May 11, 2008 11:56 pm
Ravenous says...

Gee thanks. It's so cool to be so accepted. I've been a solitary hermit in the writing sense.

2058 Reviews

Mon May 12, 2008 12:05 am
Emerson says...

Oh, don't hermit yourself with writing! Especially here. It's a wonderful place. And I assure you, you will not only be accepted, but deeply loved! YWS has an amazing environment. Our reviewers are splended, and I promise you that if you follow their advice (for the most part! haha) your writing will improve dramatically. Not to say your writing is bad--I wouldn't know. But even the best are not perfect! Er, and I don't normally babble on welcome threads. But you seem so excited! And I am excited for you. It's all so exciting! *lame*

If you're paranoid that you're making your novel worse with each passing decision clap your hands
— Panikos