z

Young Writers Society

Jesse

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Sat May 10, 2008 7:30 pm
Jesse says...

Hey everyone. My names Jesse. I'm from a small town in Saskatchewan Canada and have a growing passion for reading and writing. My oldest brother introduced me to the first book Ive ever read outside of school last summer. It was "Wizards first Rule" by Terry Goodkind ( I recommend it for any fantasy romance readers ) . He told me if i kept reading it id easily get into it. its a 900 and some page book if memory serves right and i was finished it within a couple of weeks. Next time i saw him i asked for the next 5 books in the series and blasted through them. Never tiring of the authors style i continued to read. But eventually i decided to write a book of my own. Since then Ive had so many different ideas for books that i just fall in love with and am hoping to finally find one i can finish. My English teacher says I've got god given talent to write and I'm hoping that this site will help me perfect my writing. I left my writing book at school accidentally but when i get it on Monday ill be sure to post some of my stuff. My ideas are usually Adventure Romance but so far ive only been able to get through the first couple chapters and then i jump to another idea. I'm not a big fan of poems but i don't do a bad job of them. My writing is light and sometimes it feels like torture to write something depressing but ive done it a couple times
To be a hero is not to be out of the ordinary, it is to be ordinarily remarkable.

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Sat May 10, 2008 7:50 pm
aestar101 says...

Welcome to the YWS!!!!!! :D I'm aestar101. Canada seems cool. You like Advanture Romance. I'm not so much for Adventure, but I LOVE romance. If you have any questions PM me.
Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose. - Evan Esar
Like my opinions a lot? Let me critique you. topic29146.html

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Sat May 10, 2008 7:55 pm
Gahks says...

Hey Jesse from England!

Welcome to YWS! My name's Gahks (that's pronounced 'garks'). I saw your thread had no replies so I thought I'd be first to do so. Pleased to meet you! *handshake*.

So you're into adventure and romance, are you? I'm more of a crime buff myself, but I'm sure there are plenty of members here who'll be very interested to read your work (once you get it back, that is). I'm also really into poetry at the moment - are you? Do you have any hobbies or interests?

If you have any problems, need help or advice, feel free to PM.

Have fun exploring the site and hope to see you around!

Gahks :D
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Sat May 10, 2008 10:03 pm
Adnamarine says...

Hi Jesse! Welcome to YWS! As you can see, we're all just brimming with helpfulness, so I'm sure you'll learn your way around here in no time:) *hands over cookies*

Before you post anything, please write two reviews, and be sure to keep your reviews vs. writing posted at a 2:1 ratio.
When you have 25 reviews you can come to chat! So, come find me there when you can. It's great fun and great for getting to know everybody here.

Oooh, fantasy romance! Sounds good:) 900 pages is a little much... but I might try it out all the same:)
As for adventure romance;) if you ever want a critique, just let me know:D

If you have anyquestions just send me PM!

Have fun checking out this insanely addicting, brilliant, wonderful place:D

*adna*
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sun May 11, 2008 1:44 am
kimmy says...

welcome to YWS jesse!
my name is kimmy! i hope you like it here so far!
awesome! i like fantasy and advernture too! (im a sucker for romance lol)
i cant wait to read your works!
hope we can be friends!
Keep writing!
<3 kimmy

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...."
- Edward Cullen

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Sun May 11, 2008 9:23 am
mizz-iceberg says...

Hey Jesse! Welcome to YWS! Oh I just realized that I reviewed a part of your story. Do have more written for that story. If you do, post it up and I'd be happy to critique it for you. I love romance, though I'm picky about how it's written.

i'd be sure to check out that book. It sounds very interesting. And yes 900 pages is a lot.

Well PM me if you ever need help.

I'm looking forward to reading more of your writing.

~See you around!
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Sun May 11, 2008 9:38 am
casey_kent says...

Hey there Jesse!

Welcome to YWS!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya round!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sun May 11, 2008 6:27 pm
Demeter says...

Hello Jesse

Welcome! Hmm, adventure romance sounds great :) I have the same problem as you do, I rarely manage to finish my stories. Or at least a few years ago. I've got loads of unfinished stories in my drawers... I'm planning to post one of my novels here, though, part by part. I feel more comfortable with novels and short stories than poems, but still, weirdly enough, I've posted here mostly poems. Strange, huh? ;)

Btw, Canada's great! I've almost been to there since I once visited the Niagara Falls.

I'm here to help, just PM me if you need anything.

Demeter
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun May 11, 2008 6:40 pm
Church says...

Welocme to YWS. I see that you have the ability to do what I do. Start something and skip around. Posting things here n Wys helped me focus on one story better and I hope it works for you too. By the way I'm Church. If you ever need anything you can just PM me and I will do my very best to help you, Jesse. See ya around

Church
-"When God gives you lemons, you find new God" YouTube.com
-If the world is going to end soon, so be it. It can end without me. Myself
-http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?p=364993#364993 When the World Stops Spinning

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:01 am
Firearris says...

Hello Jesse, and Welcome to YOUNG WRITERS SOCIETY!!!!!!!! I'm Fire, Arris, Firearris, FA, or you can make something up. What hobbies do you have? What do you read? Do you have any pets? Tell us more!

Here are some good links:

Contact & Staff: A List of people you can contact for help if needed, (mods and admins), this list is a bit old, but you can still contact most of the people on it. contact.php

Rules & Guides A List of rules, and also some guides. I suggest you go through this so you know what you can and can't do on here, and the guides can be loads of help! I sometimes wish I knew about them when I joined XD rules.php

FAQ Frequently Asked Questions! You may have a problem, and you might be able to find the answer here. faq.php

Also, here is a color list:

Blue Name = Greeters.

Purple Name = Instructors.

Light Green = Junior Moderator.

Dark Green = Moderators.

Red = Admins.

Feel Free to PM me if you want a crit, or you need any help!

~Arris
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

Tons of cowering! Plus your name in the summer programme. A custom-designed banner. A cabin at Camp Half-Blood. Two shrines. I'll even throw in a Kymopoleia action figure.
— Rick Riordan, The Blood of Olympus