z

Young Writers Society

Hello!

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat May 10, 2008 3:00 pm
tosh says...

I'm Jasmine and I'll be 17 in a couple days. I'm Canadian, so I love snow and hockey. When I'm not writing or playing/watching/thinking hockey, you'll find me wandering around town with a pen dangling from one hand and a camera in the other.

I guess what I write is "literary fiction." I tend to focus on style and character more than plot - I'm trying to improve my plot, though! I love the experimentation inherent in writing, which means if I write romance, you can bet it'll be wererat-human, incestuous, masochistic, anything but Harlequin. Style-wise, I like to describe my writing as "sensuous poetry-turned-prose." I try to take my cue from books like Pedro Paramo and Running in the Family.

I want to publish some day, so hopefully you guys can give me some good feedback. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and their writing!

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Sat May 10, 2008 3:06 pm
myfreindsavamp says...

Some one? You'll meet a lot of people here.

happy early b-day.^_^

I'm a some one who would have a camra in my hand too if I could just find that camra...

Oh well good thing I got my camra phone. That's the only way I do things now.

Well you got any questions pm me and I'll get back to you a soon as posible.
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Sat May 10, 2008 3:18 pm
Gahks says...

Hey there from England!

Welcome to YWS! I'm Gahks (that's pronounced 'garks'); glad to meet you!

I enjoy writing literary fiction too, plus poetry and crime, and also love the experimental nature of writing: you can pretty much say what you like!

I've never tried hockey but sounds quite fun. Do you have any other interests? What genres do you like to read/write in?

See you around!

Gahks :D
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sat May 10, 2008 4:21 pm
kimmy says...

hi jasmine! welcome to YWS!
publishing has been a dream of mine (since i was young) too!
lucky you, good at hocky..im horrible! ^^ tennis is the only sport i can play well =)
i hope you have a awesome time here!
cant wait to review some of your work =)
talk to you later!
<3 kimmy
Keep writing!
<3 kimmy

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...."
- Edward Cullen

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sat May 10, 2008 4:33 pm
Demeter says...

Hi Jasmine!

I love your name. One of my friends is called Jasmin without an e. I also just read a book "Midnight" where there's a character named Jasmine.

Yep, happy birthday then when it is! I'm born in December so all of my friends are older than me. Except for Jasmin, she's a few months younger :) Okay, I know you're not interested.

Oooh, I'd love to publish a book, too! In fact, it's been my dream since forever, I guess. One of them, that is.

Well, if you need anything, PM me. I'm here.

Kindly,
Demeter
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Sat May 10, 2008 10:13 pm
Adnamarine says...

Hi Jasmine! Welcome to YWS!

Literary fiction... I think that describes a lot of my stories too, more character than plot, which I like. I write more poetry than stories, though.
Your writing definitely sounds very unique, and very interesting:) I'd love to critique something of yours any time you want:D

By the way, before you post anything, please write two reviews, and be sure to keep your reviews vs. writing posted at a 2:1 ratio.
When you have 25 reviews you can come to chat! So, come find me there when you can. It's great fun and great for getting to know everybody here.

If you have anyquestions OR if you want a critique (!), just send me PM!

Have fun checking out this insanely addicting, brilliant, wonderful place:D

*adna*
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sat May 10, 2008 10:42 pm
Heidigirl666 says...

My writing is definitely more character than plot too. :wink: I was about to say I don't know if I've ever written something plot orientated, but wait, I have. I just don't think any of it was very good. :D My writing style probably isn't very literary fiction-ish though...

Welcome to YWS!

You'll find lots of people who want to publish some day too! Some people are even trying to right now (like me) so you can get plenty of advice/feedback on your writing.

Have a fun time; everyone is very nice once you get stuck in there! :D
Everywhere I go I'm asked if I think the university stifles writers. My opinion is that they don't stifle enough of them. There's many a bestseller that could have been prevented by a good teacher. ~Flannery O'Connor

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Sat May 10, 2008 11:37 pm
SimonCowellLuver says...

Hello I am SimonCowellLuver nice to meet you. My nickname is SCL everyone calls me or Simon it don't matter. Welcome to the YWS!!!! :D :) :(
:evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :oops: :cry: :P :x :smt003 :smt020 :smt017 :smt010 :smt023 :smt035 :smt024 :smt026 :elephant: :mrgreen: :smt068 :smt072 :smt058 :smt050 :smt049 :smt042 :smt043 :smt044 :smt055 :smt046 :smt028 :smt027 :smt061 :smt074 :smt075 :smt091 :smt109 :smt079 :smt089 :smt116 :smt114 :smt113 :smt111 :smt084 :smt096 :backtotopic: :ftw: :piratedthread: :smt117 :smt118 :smt119

Hope you enjoy these little smiles. Hope to see you around!!!
SimonCowellLuver
3 facts: 1.You can't lick your elbow
2. you just tried it
3. I caught you cause i saw you

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Sun May 11, 2008 9:28 am
mizz-iceberg says...

Hello Jasmine! Welcome to YWS! I'm Canadian too. Though not so obsessed with hockey like most of my friends.

Well feel free to PM me if you ever need help. I'd love to read some of your writing. The way you've described your style it looks very interesting so I'll be sure to check it out.

See you around!
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Sun May 11, 2008 9:51 am
casey_kent says...

Hey there!

Welcome to YWS!

I'm Casey! Wow. You're Canadian? I love Canada!!

Anyway, feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya round!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Sun May 11, 2008 11:47 am
rubberduck says...

Hey there, Jasmine! ^^ Welcome to YWS!
Nice to meet ya!

Nice name! :D

Haha. I walk around the park if I've nothing to do, but without a camera. I just bring a pen and notebook. More than enough for me. ^^ Photography isn't really my thing.

Canada? Reminds me of maple syrup. ^^ Oh. And scenery. Beautiful scenery. No wonder you take a camera with you whenever you wander around town.:)

Well, chow! :D
-rubberduck goes QUACK!
I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman.
- Homer Simpson

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Sun May 11, 2008 3:34 pm
Aedomir says...

Hello!
Yep, I think I've already seen you about, so hey! I am sure you will fit into the community fine, and we are glad to have you on board. Be sure to check out the rules/FAQs, but I am sure you have.

I tend to focus on style and character more than plot - I'm trying to improve my plot, though!

Same with me. I always find the mental journeys of the characters far more exciting than the stories. :-)

I'm from England, we have a lot of Canadians on here. See you about, let me know if you have any questions!

-Mark
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

344 Reviews

Reviews: 344
Sun May 11, 2008 10:03 pm
Eimear says...

Heya Jasmine, Ireland calling! Oh wait, that's a Eurovision song contest saying, maybe that's a little confusing...anyways, hello! And welcome to YWS!

You play hockey? I've only ever seen it on the T.V., but it looks very cool! I play a sport called Hurley, and it has a stick and ball as well, except there are a few differences. Is it good? You must have very tough skin!

Anyways, I hope you stick around and I hope to see some of your work very soon! PM me if you need any help or advice!

Oh, and happy birthday for a few days time!

Eimear
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde.

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Thu May 15, 2008 3:51 pm
Alainna says...

Hello there and welcome to YWS!!

I'm going to echo everyone else and say that if you need me I'm just a pm away.

All the best and I hope you like it here,
Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu May 15, 2008 7:49 pm
adeleay says...

Hey there
I'm Adele and new to YWS as well.
I joined this because i really enjoy writing and reading fiction.
I live in England and hope to study English later in life :D
I like to write poetry and fiction. I don't have a particular writing style and will read or write on variations of topics :)
Happy Birthday as well Jasmine for a few days time, hope it's a good one :birthday:

Adele x

Once here on Young Writers Society, in chat, chickens wanted variety. They complained to Nate and after debate became funky orangutans silently.
— Mea