z

Young Writers Society

Hello Hello!

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:17 am
LiNdSeYo7 says...

Okay, well I've been on this site for just a couple of days & I don't believe I have "properly" introduced myself.

My name is Lindsey.. I'm sixteen years old, and I live in the incredibly boring state of Ohio, (Toledo, to be exact). My birthday is September 15th, and I'm a sophmore at a large high school. I do well in school, and my favorite subject would have to be language arts. More preferably, writing. I cheerlead and take gymnastics (but I am FAR from a snob). I also run track, play broomball, & coach cheerleading for an elementary school.

In my spare time, I'm a party girl. I usually hang out with my guys because girls around here are WAY too catty, and WAY too into the whole 'gossip scene'. So not me. I used to be a Tom-Boy back in the day, so I can totally relate to guys. On the weekends, we drink it up (yes, although I am not SUPPOSED to be doing that.. tsk tsk), go to partys, games, the movies, the mall, wherever. I'm DEFINATELY single because I am WAY too much of a flirt to settle down with just one guy! Haha, just joking. Actually, I think high school relationships are over-rated, and until I find a guy who is worth my time (just joking again..?), I'm not havin' one!

I'm into my family.. I have an older sister and brother, and four neices and nephews. All adorable little punks.. My mommy is my absolute best friend, the only one who's *always* there.. She's also an adorable punk. Looks wise, I have long blonde hair, brown eyes, & am 5'3, 112 lbs. I occasionally fry my skin in the tanning booths, so I'm sorta beige. (Ha). Anyways, now that I've written a BOOK on my so-not intresting self.. I'll end by saying the only thing that matters to me in life is enjoyin' it, and the only things I hate are: Judgemental people, People who start rumors for their own pure satisfaction, & when people are depressed. It makes me sad.

That about says it all!

Oh Yah! I found out about this site by looking around TYWC (which has sadly fallen apart) & I have LOVED writing since the age of 4. However, I rarely complete what I begin to write. The first 'story' that I've actually sat down and wrote (outside of school), in the LONGEST time, is published in the "Others" section.. & I want to keep writing & never stop!
<3 Lindsey

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:38 am
Nate says...

Hey there! I'm not totally but I am pretty sure that I remember you from TYWC. What is your member name there? I at least do remember talking to a person who was from Toledo, Ohio.

Anyways, welcome to TYWS :)
I'm trying to form this place into an adequate replacement for TYWC since that place is falling apart, quite unfortunately. I really want to have our own TYWS Tips page along with word of the week, something akin to Global Wave, and a few other things.

57 Reviews

Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:14 pm
LiNdSeYo7 says...

Yeah I know, your doing a good job so far.. & I don't even remember my name on TYWC, I was there when I was a few years younger.. I do know that I've talked to you before though, that's for sure.
<3 Lindsey

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:51 am
Crysi says...

Hey Lindsey! Nice to meet you! I wish we had cheerleaders at our school who were actually interested in academics.. :roll:

I, too, hang out with mostly guys. I recently escaped from my "best friend" whom I couldn't stand, and now I've been hanging out with some really good guy friends of mine. I actually get along with them. Imagine that.

Of course, it helps to have a really good friend who is an excellent writer *cough*MESH*cough* (I still need to get her to join this site!).

ANYWAY enough rambling lol. This is why you don't give me peanut butter cookies.. :roll:

I'll have to go check out your story! I have a question for you.. do you outline when you write? I used to never outline, and all my stories would fall apart. Some can write without outlining, though.. Gah, talented people. Well, I have to finish my homework before going to a stupid college/job seminar thing at 7.. I look forward to reading your story! :D
Love and Light

57 Reviews

Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:19 am
LiNdSeYo7 says...

Haha.. Wow, that is SO funny that you said that because lately me and my "Best Friend" have been growing apart.. but it's for the better, I guess. I feel sad & all but.. I'm beginning to realize how completely opposite we are, and I doubt any other person would have put up with her for so long the way she treats me sometimes..But nice to meet you too! Oh, and as for outlining.. not usually. I sort-of do my outlines in my head, but the things that turn out the best are always spur of the moment.
<3 Lindsey

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:31 am
niteowl says...

Having so few friends as I do, I don't want to split with my best friend, but I might have to eventually. She joined marching band this year (I'm a freshmen by the way) which is HUGE in our school and it took up her whole life from June to Nationals and it's ALL she ever talks about and it's driving me NUTS!

I could never be a cheerleader or a gymnast due to my lack of flexibility. In fact, I flunked out of every sport I ever tried except swim team which I am on but I suck at that too but at least I can do it. Don't you just love my long run-on sentenceas which is kinda ironic cuz I hate typos and supposedly had a 154 IQ in the second grade. I think they gave me extra points though cuz I took one on the Internet and it's 120. then again, it was a Sunday morning and I was tired and wasn't really trying.

OK definitely enough babbling from the blonde over here.

Only the suppressed word is dangerous.
— Ludwig Borne