z

Young Writers Society

Trivial Trivia about Sunny

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:28 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

1. I have a million nicknames, among them Bunny, Special K, Smiles, Schizo, and Sexy Giraffe (given to me by a bisexual friend lol).

2. I have had a grand total of two boyfriends in my life. The first one doesn't even really count, because he still denies that it was a "real" relationship. Apparently a "real" relationship involves a lot more than what I was giving...which is why that unreal relationship ended. The second boyfriend I am still dating, and have been for a year. *throws confetti*

3. I am a rebel Christian. In other words, I believe that Jesus Christ is my Savior and the hope of the world, but I also really dislike church and tradition and stuff like that. Therefore most Christians hate me, but so do all the average joes. Go figure.

4. I don't know the meaning of the word "popular" except as it applies to the song in Wicked. Please explain.

5. I wrote my first story when I was about six. My aunt helped me. It was called "Sarah in Pink and Purple Land." It involved lots of pink and purple and unicorns and a witch in a castle and a wise old man named Mr. Flubber...

6. I wrote my first poem when I was 8 and it was published in "The Anthology of Poetry by Young Americans." Go me.

7. I love writing but I hate grammar. It bores me to tears. I'm good at it, but I hate it.

8. I'm only assertive when I see someone bullying another person who can't defend himself. Then I kick butt.

9. I hate horror movies because too often they're not fiction; they're very possible. Even supernatural thrillers have some truth to them. And that usually scares me.

10. When I get stuck in a story I imagine it as a movie, and that usually helps me push past writers' block.

11. I get along with almost everyone but I don't have a whole lot of very close friends.

12: Favorite quotes which I made up myself: "To be a writer is to have a mild form of schizophrenia."
"Every adventure begins with discontent."

13. Makeup is, for the most part, retarded. I wear eyeliner (sometimes) and coverup for zits and stuff. The rest is gunk that cakes your face and covers up your beautiful features.

There you go! some meaningless stuff about me.
Last edited by lyrical_sunshine on Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:32 am
Twit says...

Lol, you sound... interesting. :lol:

10. When I get stuck in a story I imagine it as a movie, and that usually helps me push past writers' block.

I do that too!
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

241 Reviews

Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:46 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

lol, yes...interesting...i don't know if "interesting" quite covers it. "insane" is the word most people use.
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:13 am
EnchantressMuffin says...

Nah, not insane. Funny and unique would be better terms. :D

Though insane could apply... but hey, I have warped definitions of some words, so you'd never really know what's right and what isn't when I'm saying what you are or aren't.

Yeah. Either or.

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:43 am
scotty.knows says...

Lol, I'm a rebel Christian too, and boy does that really tick people off. And the only times I ever punch people out is when they're picking on people.

Stay sharp
'Merikuh!

241 Reviews

Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:36 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

woohoo for us rebels with a cause. :D

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:46 pm
Kelsey Logan says...

Sarah in Pink and Purple Land.

ur very brave to actually admit you wrote that. i'm impressed! jk.
KTL :P

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:14 pm
Wolf says...

Sunny!
You sound awesome!
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

241 Reviews

Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:27 am
lyrical_sunshine says...

More about me! Yay! Aren't you thrilled?

1. I just recently started a drama class at my school. It has quickly transmogrified into my new favorite hobby. And after a brief moment of hysteria in which I mumbled "I can't do this" over and over...I think I did pretty good. lol.

2. I suck at math. I pulled a B in College Algebra by the skin of my teeth.

3. I'm a terrible dancer. Don't ever ask me to dance - I might accidentally kill you.

4. My current novel, Firebrand, is really helping me figure out who I am. It's weird. My main character, Marc (short for Marcella) is a tomboy and a klutz. Although her personality is very different from mine, her quirks are the same. And somehow, as I learn to like her, I'm learning to like myself. Somehow I've made my klutziness cool, because hers is too. :D

5. God showed me something the other day. I was terrified for so long of being myself. I wanted to join drama a year ago but I was afraid that people would laugh at me. The other day I realized that it makes me uncomfortable because I'm so used to being behind-the-scenes - staying quiet in class, posting my stories on the internet but not letting friends read them. And God said, "I don't want you to be behind-the-scenes. I want the world to see you - because when they see you, they see Me." It was so cool.

6. Favorite animals: Dolphins, horses, lions, and tigers.

7. Favorite food: Ice cream.

8. Nationality: Heavily Irish and English. It's funny. My family still argues about who's superior - the Brits or the Gaels. Personally, I'm on Ireland's side.

Okay, that's all I've got for now. Hope you all enjoyed it.

Reviews: 1
Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:48 am
Rythmic_Sunshine says...

Hey i thought i would comment because i thought it was cool that there was someone else named Sunny on here too. I just joined recently and saw your name in the book reviews. You sound way cool and definitely not insane. Oh and congrats on not staying behind the scenes. That's a great quality. Cya Later.
Let's Rock to the Rythym in the Sunshine.
~Sunny Two~

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:45 am
Twit says...

You really need to put "Firebrand" back up here. I need to read about the people who don't like the Raven. :razz: Just take it down again when you're going to submit it and all.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

241 Reviews

Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:44 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

More deeply personal stuff about me! Yay! lol.

1. I love the ocean. I can float for hours in those waves and be totally content. When I get the opportunity I like to surf, boogie board and kayak.

2. I hate polo shirts. I don't wear them. Like, ever.

3. Track is the most hardcore sport on the planet, especially for distance runners. I only ran one year, but I have huge respect for tracksters now - especially good ones.

4. I don't play sports because I don't like being told what to do (hehe).

5. Favorite song of the week: You Are My Joy by the David Crowder Band

6. Addiction of the week: Cinnamon toast

7. One thing I'd love to do before I die: Ride a dolphin. Or a killer whale. I'm not picky.

8. For those who have asked, my avatar is a picture of a girl with fire coming out of her hands. My custom title is a phrase from my novel, and it's another word for a phoenix, which is NOT a bird that is born from its own ashes. Confused? Yeah, I thought so.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:58 pm
idle muse says...

Personally, I'm on Ireland's side.

*Glares* :P

You sound awesome! I love the ocean too. I'd love to go down in a submarine and see a giant squid one day. But that'll probably never happen :)
Religion is the opium of the masses
- Karl Marx -
Democracy is the worst form of goverment, except for all the others that have been tried.
- Winston Churchill -

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:47 am
Rubric says...

Ha Sunny you sound ridiculously cool.

Yes I too endure the half-irish schism and it's good to see you chose the cooler side.

Well done on the rebel christianing, takes a lot of guts to stick with in certain circles. I think the reason people get annoyed at it is because you get the best of both worlds, which is clearly the way god intended it :P.

I saw a bunch of you posts around and you're a funny kid, thought I'd just check this out because you responded *ROTFLOL!!* to a comment of mine on another thread.

Whatever does that mean? is it some half breed child of rofl and lol? clearly we need stricter rules of eugenics for our abbreviations.

Catchya round,
Rubric
So you're going to kill a god. Sure. But what happens next?

Diary of a Deicide, Part One.

Got YWS?

241 Reviews

Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:38 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

haha, it's "rolling on the floor laughing out loud." and i wrote that because you hit the nail on the head with the Paolini comment. I'm only going to be happy with the book if Eragon is denounced as the spoiled brat he is.

You live in Australia? I'm so jealous, I've always wanted to visit.

My rebel Christianity is a weird breed... I know of only two other people who truly share it: who hate the rules and regulations of church but love Jesus, who rock out to AC/DC and worship music at the same time. We're a minority. :D

It was cool talking to you. And your first quote in your sig makes me laugh. :)

oh to be a cat in a pile of towels
— ChesTacos