z

Young Writers Society

they call what i do writing

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:52 pm
nanc21 says...

Hello everyone.
The name is Nancy but you can call me Nanc. I am a freshman at Northern Michigan University. It be COLD up here. Yeah, I love to write, I don't think I am very good, but hey, that's what practice is for. I am getting married on the 19th of this month to my high school sweet heart. Tis very exciting. I love body modification, and sorry, but you will have to put up with me writing about. My EN 111 teacher, Pat Scott, has been a major influence on my writing. If you get the chance pick up the book "Writing Down the Bones" by Natalie Goldberg. Excelent book. And that's about all there is. I look forward to reading all of your stories and poems.

happy writing

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:57 pm
Bobo says...

Welcome nanc! I am proud to be the first welcomer person guy man dude.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:09 pm
Firestarter says...

Hey Nanc, I'm Jack, welcome to thy YWS, PM me or any member of the Big Brother Group if you have any questions/problems.

I look forward to reading your stuff too...see you around the site!

Oh, and before I forget! CONGRATULATIONS! I hope you have a really great wedding!

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:29 pm
Duskglimmer says...

Hello!

Welcome!

Greetings!

Mae Govannen!

Buenos Diaz!

Gutentag!

Bonjour!

*tries to think of other ways to say "hello" and fails* I guess that's enough anyways...

I'm Dusky. Welcome. Look forward to seeing you around.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:59 pm
hekategirl says...

Welcome to YWS Nanc! and CONGRATULATIONS on your wedding! =D> =D> =D> :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ :love: :love: :love: :hearts_eyes: :hearts_eyes: :hearts_eyes:

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:57 am
niteowl says...

Congrats on the wedding, and here is the standard welcome gift.
:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :xmas_wink: :xmas_happy: :menorah: :frosty: :thumb: =D> #-o [-o< 8-[ [-( :-k ](*,) \:D/ :-s :-$ :-({|= :sick: :lots_hearts: :love: :hearts_eyes: :-# :whistle: O:) =; [-X :^o =P~ :xmas_cool: :xmas_evil: :dreidel:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:29 am
electricbluemonkey says...

WOW! YOU WRITE, TOO!? j/k

Hmmph, I have no gift to give you, so how about just a regular, ol' fashioned welcome?

WELCOME TO YWS!
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:42 am
Tara says...

WELCOME NANC! Congrats, I'm happy 4 you! Anyway, I'm Tara, pm me if you need anything!!
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

Owning our story can be hard but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it. Embracing our vulnerabilities is risky but not nearly as dangerous as giving up on love and belonging and joy—the experiences that make us the most vulnerable. Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.
— Brené Brown