z

Young Writers Society

Howdy All!!

Reviews: 1
Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:08 am
View Likes
FoolishForsythia says...

Hey all! I'm not entirely sure what the best way to introduce myself is honestly! I'm FoolishForsythia (I'm cool with any sort of nickname!), I'm 18, I've been wanting to get back to writing after something of a break. I'm thrilled to be here! I've always been looking for a nice writing community.
Other than writing, I'm pretty interested in video games and gardening!
Thanks for checking this out, I can't wait to start reading, reviewing, and posting. :D

455 Reviews

Reviews: 455
Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:03 am
View Likes
Hijinks says...

Hey Forsythia, welcome to YWS!! If you have any questions about how the site works as you're getting settled in, I'd be glad to answer those for you ^^

Ooh gardening is awesome! c: Do you prefer like flower gardening or vegetable gardening or both or something else entirely?
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them
(previously whatchamacallit and Seirre)

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:02 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Hey welcome! Hope you like the site! Gardening's a ton of fun! :) What sorts of things do you write? If you're interested in staying up to date with poetry events and activities on the site, I recommend subscribing to the Poetry Readers Club, Poem A Week: For Prompts and the Poetry Jam Club. We'd love to have you join! :)
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:07 am
View Likes
FoolishForsythia says...

whatchamacallit wrote:Hey Forsythia, welcome to YWS!! If you have any questions about how the site works as you're getting settled in, I'd be glad to answer those for you ^^

Ooh gardening is awesome! c: Do you prefer like flower gardening or vegetable gardening or both or something else entirely?

Thank you so much!!! I’ll definitely let you know if I have any questions/concerns. :)

Yeah, it’s really fun!!! I enjoy both vegetable and flower gardening. I really like the idea of growing food, but I also appreciate the “aesthetics” (for lack of a better term) of growing flowers. I’m also not super familiar with it, but plant/flower symbolism is also really interesting, and it’s fun to delve into the significance of whatever I’m growing! How about you? Do you have a preference?

alliyah wrote:Hey welcome! Hope you like the site! Gardening's a ton of fun! :) What sorts of things do you write? If you're interested in staying up to date with poetry events and activities on the site, I recommend subscribing to the Poetry Readers Club, Poem A Week: For Prompts and the Poetry Jam Club. We'd love to have you join! :)

Thank you, I’m definitely enjoying it so far! I usually write short stories (mostly fantasy), but I also like writing poems here and there. Also, thank you for the suggestions! I’ll check these out as soon as I get a chance :)

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:19 am
View Likes
NivedaJames22 says...

Hello Forsythia!! Welcome to YWS! Hope you have a great time here! (:
Clumsy, clumsy, clumsy, she berated herself.

"To friendship!" they had toasted, before downing their respective drinks and acquiring thick chocolatey moustaches.

Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:28 am
View Likes
FoolishForsythia says...

NivedaJames22 wrote:Hello Forsythia!! Welcome to YWS! Hope you have a great time here! (:

Thank you so much!!!! I’m happy to be here :)

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:29 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Oh fantasy nice! We've got a good group of fantasy writers on YWS so you'll fit right in! And poetry is always fun too! All the best in your writing endeavors!
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

455 Reviews

Reviews: 455
Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:28 pm
View Likes
Hijinks says...

Ah yes I definitely know what you mean about the ~aesthetic~ of flower gardening! There are a couple flowers I just adore -- snapdragons, gladiolus -- and I'll steal a corner of my family's vegetable garden just to grow some of those xD

Aah I don't know much about plant symbolism but that does sound cool!
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them
(previously whatchamacallit and Seirre)

Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:43 pm
View Likes
FoolishForsythia says...

alliyah wrote:Oh fantasy nice! We've got a good group of fantasy writers on YWS so you'll fit right in! And poetry is always fun too! All the best in your writing endeavors!

I’m glad to hear that, I can’t wait to check out everyone’s writing. Thank you!

whatchamacallit wrote:Ah yes I definitely know what you mean about the ~aesthetic~ of flower gardening! There are a couple flowers I just adore -- snapdragons, gladiolus -- and I'll steal a corner of my family's vegetable garden just to grow some of those xD

Aah I don't know much about plant symbolism but that does sound cool!

That’s so cool, I’ve always wanted to grow gladioli (apparently that’s the plural form of the word) and snapdragons. As far as flowers go, I’m a big fan of hibiscuses, hostas, roses, and orchids! Ironically enough, I’ve yet to grow any forsythias, although I’d really love to do so sometime soon.

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766

We're all stories in the end.
— 11th Doctor