z

Young Writers Society

Hello from England!

Reviews: 0
Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:49 pm
View Likes
Magwitch15 says...

Hello all!

I've just discovered the YWS and am excited to get involved. I live in England and usually work full time although, I have been working from home for the last year! I love writing and reading and don't have a favourite genre. I love the classics and anything Victorian but also enjoy reading a whole mixture of topics. It keeps things interesting! I'm currently reading a book called 'The Choice' by Claire Wade.

When I was younger I used to write a lot of fantasy short-stories but now it tends to be mixed with life writing and poetry.

I look forward to getting to know you all better and exploring your wonderful creations!

All the best :)
M.

455 Reviews

Reviews: 455
Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:28 pm
View Likes
Hijinks says...

Hi Magwitch, welcome to YWS!! I hope you enjoy the site ^^ If you have any questions while getting settled in, me or any other mod with a green username would be more than happy to answer them for you <3
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them
(previously whatchamacallit and Seirre)

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:33 am
View Likes
Carina says...

hi magwitch! welcome to yws!!

I have been working from home for about a year now too and it honestly feels like a blur, haha. how have you been vibing? I studied abroad in London a few years ago and absolutely loved it. I wish I could live there and would give anything to work from home in England lol

also, it's NaPoWriMo right now! have you heard of that? yws celebrates it every year and it's so awesome to see all the poets get together and jam out to show off their works.

let me know if you have any questions on anything <3
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

1485 Reviews

Reviews: 1485
Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:26 pm
View Likes
IcyFlame says...

Hello also from England! Welcome to YWS :)

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:06 am
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

Woo, poetry! :smt026
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766

To succeed, you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you.
— Tony Dorsett