z

Young Writers Society

Hi!

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:46 pm
View Likes
YellowSweater says...

Hi everyone, I just thought I would introduce myself. I am a senior in high school from Washington State. I primarily write poetry, but occasionally I'll attempt some prose. Most of my prose comes in the form of essays, I am not sure if that's something people post here though.

Some of my favorite writers: Albert Camus, Annie Dillard, Arundhati Roy, Patrick Rothfuss, Robert Kaplan, and Garcia Lorca. As for music, I am absolutely obsessed with Belle and Sebastian and Kings of Convenience right now.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:06 am
Carina says...

Hi @YellowSweater, welcome to YWS! Looks like you're already getting yourself settled in with reviews and such - awesome! You're also absolutely free to upload essays here. Sometimes people post their school essays to get feedback before submitting it for school. :) Just be keep in mind that your teacher may find your account in case you don't unpublish the work and then they search for plagiarism!

You'll fit right in with the other poets. Have you heard of NaPoWriMo? The YWS community participates every year. Here is the main forum if you're interested! This is my first time participating, so it'll be something. @_@ there will be lots of poetry jams throughout the month if you're interested in that, too!

Also, I love Albert Camus. His books inspired me to embrace existentialism philosophy, specifically nihilism though... although sometimes I'm feeling a little absurd. :p (fun fact, my NaPo theme is basically existentialism!)
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:15 am
View Likes
YellowSweater says...

@Carina Thank you so much for the welcome and the information about NaPo. Have you read Camus's book Exile and The Kingdom? It's my favorite. Though Camus is an existentialist, because he doesn't believe life has some sort of ultimate culmination, each moment in his literature is filled with subtle passion. His work showed me how there is beauty to life's components, not just the whole.

Sorry for the ramble, and thanks again for reaching out! I would love to read the poetry you are doing on existentialism. It sounds fascinating!

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:38 am
Carina says...

@YellowSweater No problem! glad to help <3

I've read two of his books -- The Stranger and something else I cannot remember for the life of me -- and it left me with lots to think about. I'll have to add the two books you recommended to my reading list!

ahhH I am by no means a fabulous poet haha, but let me know if you post poems related to these philosophies! I'd be happy to give it a read :)
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

1485 Reviews

Reviews: 1485
Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:03 pm
IcyFlame says...

Hi @YellowSweater, welcome to YWS!
I love your username :D

I see Carina's already given you a great introduction, but it's great to have you around <3

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:49 pm
yosh says...

Welcome to YWS @YellowSweater!

I love how your username is kind of slick on the tongue for some reason. :) <3
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766

286 Reviews

Reviews: 286
Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:37 am
silented1 says...

Welcome, I review poetry exclusively! So, I'll see you around.
[quote]If it's arguable, then it probably is." - Xeriana X

Link to my will review for food thread: topic71713.html

And you have to flaunt the weird, my friends.
— Alex Fierro