z

Young Writers Society

Introduction

Reviews: 4
Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:30 am
View Likes
orbiteliza says...

Hi! I'm Eliza, I'm 15, and I just joined like, 10 minutes ago. I hope to use this to receive feedback on drafts from my projects, but I have 0 idea how to navigate this website so if anyone could lend me a hand I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:06 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

Hi Eliza! Welcome to the site :D You can find info on how to post your works and get feedback here: FAQ for New Users. We run a points system on that, which is why posting a work takes some points. You can earn points by helping others with feedback. We do this to make sure as far as possible that everyone can at least get two reviews on their works. (But if you ever need more than that, feel free to ask on your wall or on viewforum.php?f=188.)

If you ever have a question about the site or need help with something writing or YWS-related feel free to ask me or any of the mods and admins. You can find us using username colours: junior moderators are this shade of green , global moderators are another shade of green and admins are this colour. You could also post a general question in Ask a question here (or start a new topic!) or even on your wall! Hope you have a lovely time on the site <3
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

455 Reviews

Reviews: 455
Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:17 am
View Likes
Hijinks says...

Welcome to YWS Eliza! I hope you enjoy the site :D

Lim already gave you some wonderful resources! Like they said, anybody with a green username or red username (and pretty much everybody else, too), would be glad to answer any questions you may have <3

Here are a couple of other links I found useful when I was figuring out the site:
- The rules thread is good to check out, so you know what's allowed on the site! We're pretty chill and reasonable though ;)
- The Big Book of YWS Codes is really handy if you want to know how to do ~fancy formatting~

Also, if you're unsure where to start when it comes to reviewing, the Critique Sandwich and Review templates are super useful!

I hope that helps and I can't wait to see you around the site c:
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them
(previously whatchamacallit and Seirre)

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:48 am
View Likes
Lib says...

Welcome to YWS, @orbiteliza! Liminality and whatcha pretty much summed everything up, so I don't need to say more, but feel free to ask me any questions if you have any! :)

Hope you enjoy it here. <3

:elephant:
*insert quirky signature here*

1485 Reviews

Reviews: 1485
Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:39 pm
View Likes
IcyFlame says...

Hi @orbiteliza! Welcome to YWS :) If you still have questions after reading these super helpful links, then feel free to pop any of us a message and we'll do our best to help out!

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:19 am
momonster says...

This is late but welcome to YWS! We're very glad you're here. :D
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:14 NIV

never apologize for standing up for what you believe in.

previously MomoandAppa, LordMomo, MomoMajesty, and dancingontheclouds

As my artist’s statement explains, my work is utterly incomprehensible and is therefore full of deep significance.
— Calvin