z

Young Writers Society

Is 19 too old?

Reviews: 0
Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:50 am
View Likes
Deyanxra says...

Hey guys, I'm deya (short for Deyanira). From what I've seen so far everyone seems to be around 13-16 here, is 19 too old to be starting off here? Just looking for somewhere to get feedback on my own writing, be able to share ideas, and give feedback to others. Writing is a hobby of mine but I don't consider myself talented enough to call myself an actual writer so I'm just here to learn and grow enough to be confident in my writing... mostly into poetry but wanting to start a short soon, inspired by the perks of being a wallflower one of my favorite books. :)

455 Reviews

Reviews: 455
Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:00 am
View Likes
Hijinks says...

Welcome to YWS, Deya!

Though technically YWS is called a "young" writers society, we have members as young as 11 all the way up to people past their thirties - so to answer your question, you're not at all too old! Everyone's welcome here!

And you definitely don't need to be a serious writer, this is just a place to have fun with writing and to develop your writing style <3 YWS has definitely helped me grow more confident in my writing, so hopefully it can do the same for you!

I hope this answers your questions - if you have any others feel free to ask c:
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them
(previously whatchamacallit and Seirre)

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:49 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

Welcome to YWS, Deya! As whatcha said, 19, as all ages are, is perfect for the site. Hope you have a splendid time here and feel free to ask if you need help with anything!
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:12 pm
fatherfig says...

As I'm going to be 18 soon I sure hope 19 isn't too old. XD This site is for poeple of all ages to better their writing. To me the phrase 'young writer' can mean a writer of any age new to writing. The word 'young' being likened to the word 'green' in my mind.
"i dont slay i slaughter, luke i am your father..." ~fatherfig

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:17 pm
queenofscience says...

Your not to old to be on here. I'm 27 and i'm still on here. Being here is awesome! :)
I am the science and science fiction guru.

The mind is beautiful, yet brilliant. You can think, create, and imagine so many things.

Eugenics= scientific racism.

It always seems impossible until it's done.
— Nelson Mandela