z

Young Writers Society

Hello! New member here.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:09 pm
View Likes
grainne says...

Hi everyone! I'm new to the Young Writer's Society, but so far it looks like a really interesting place for young writers to come alongside one another with support and feedback.

I'm Grace, and I like to write short stories and essays. I work writing SEO articles for various employers (very different than creative writing, let me tell you!) and as the Editor-in-Chief of the Radiate Literary Journal. The journal is completely run by students and publishes work by young writers. That means I tend to work more on the publication side of things than the writing side, but it's always exciting to connect with other organizations with a similar purpose such as this one!

In my free time, I enjoy lifting weights (USA Powerlifting for me, anyone else here?) and reading. I'm always up for book recommendations, so let me know what your favorites are!

I can't wait to meet everyone and keep reading the stories here. If you have any tips about how everything works here, please let me know!

218 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 218
Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:26 pm
View Likes
creaturefeature says...

'Ello Grace! Nice to meet you!

If you need any help, you can contact a moderator. They are the ones with green names. If you ever want to chat with someone, send me a PM because I'm always ready for a new conversation.

Good job on all the reviews you've done. When you do one more, you'll get your first review star! You get review stars every time you reach a review goal number (e.g. 5 for the first, 25 for the second, etc.)

I hope you like it around here!

Axi
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

561 Reviews

Reviews: 561
Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:52 pm
View Likes
Atticus says...

Hi there graine! I'm glad you're enjoying your time on YWS so far :)

It's really awesome that you're able to be involved with published journals and magazines already! It sounds like a really fun and interesting project for a young writer.

I see you've already done some reviews, which is super great! I hope you've enjoyed dipping your toes into the literary section of YWS. The Forums have some great resources for writers, and the People's tab is a great place to connect with others and share updates on your life. Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the site; I am actually a retired moderator on the site, hence the slightly different colored name! I can't promise answers, but I can promise I'll reach out to the appropriate people to get an answer for you!

I hope you enjoy your time on YWS!
[he/him]

"tiktok and giving children meth are my passions" ~ @ShadowVyper
"carinas long foretold chaos protege" ~ @veeren
"smol bean, future of chaos" ~ @carina

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:19 pm
View Likes
mellifera says...

Welcome to YWS, Grace!! I hope you enjoy your stay here <3

What kind of short stories do you like writing?
I believe in a universe that doesn't care and people that do.

You and I, we are matter, and it matters.

they/them

19 Reviews

Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:00 pm
View Likes
grainne says...

Hi Mellifera!
I like to write anything that's currently interesting to me, which can span a wide variety of genres. Currently I'm enjoying experimental flash fiction. :) What do you write?

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:01 pm
View Likes
momonster says...

welcome,grainne! hope you enjoy hanging out on YWS! :D
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:14 NIV

never apologize for standing up for what you believe in.

previously MomoandAppa, LordMomo, MomoMajesty, and dancingontheclouds

19 Reviews

Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:08 pm
View Likes
grainne says...

Thank you! It's been fantastic so far. :)

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:11 pm
StellaThomas says...

Hey! I love your username <3
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:15 pm
Valkyria says...

Hello! Welcome to YWS.
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

Very well; I hear; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced.
— Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness