z

Young Writers Society

danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:47 pm
Love2act4ever says...

gyrfalcon wrote:Hello, everyone! So this is a place where I can come and talk about myself without anyone telling me to shut up? Oh! Me like! :wink:

What to say, what to say.....well, I'm a freshman in college, English major and Medieval Studies minor, currently taking Shakespeare and LOVING it. I'm in my first serious relationship with a guy, which is wonderful and scary as heck at the same time.
I'm a Protestant, probably what a lot of people would call a fundamentalist Christian, but hey. *shrugs* I'm not here to save the world or convert everyone (like I could anyway), all I do is live my life the way I think God wants me to. If anybody has any questions about what I believe and why, please PM me!
Okay, favorite books...at present, I'm really loving King of Attolia by Megan Whaelen Turner. As far as classics go, you have to have Tolkein on your top five list, naturally, and I also love Lerux's Phantom of the Opera and Dumas's Count of Monte Cristo. Modern writers--Terry Pratchett rocks my socks off! And I'm a real fan of Orson Scott Card as well.
As far as music goes, I am beyond pathetic in my knowledge of popular culture, and especially bad where music is concerned. I like the Wolf's Rain and Les Miserables soundtracks! anyone? Oh well. :wink:
I've got a lot of poems on here and a couple stories, one of which (Gypsie Eyes) people seem to be enjoying. Which is good. Very, very good.
I think that's it for now. Ta everyone!

Oh were to start...where to start....

I LOVE Shakespeare!!! *see sig*
I am going to be a freshman this fall in college, and that is nerve wrecking. I'm a Christian too. I am not the biggest Christian, but I am still hanging in there. Certain family things that have happened cause my faith to become...well...less strong. I love Phantom of the Opera and, Dumas's Count of Monte Cristo. They are both amazing!!! I have never heard of Wolfs Raine, but I love, love, love, love. LOVE Les Miserables! I just think that the music is just magnificent! The play is riveting. I have never seen it, but I have read it. I also have seen the concert version of it (on dvd) and the regular movie, which is not the same with out the songs!!! =D
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~William Shakespeare~
Scripts need love too!!!

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:16 pm
gyrfalcon says...

My computer is currently...ill, and I have little love for the campus computers (which is what I'm on). The long and the short is, I shan't be around a great deal in the next few days, not sure when that's going to change.
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:42 pm
Stori says...

You like the Wolf's Rain music? *goggle eyes* Me too, though I'm not crazy about the Spanish track.

A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity.
— Franz Kafka