z

Young Writers Society

Hello, it's me..

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:47 am
View Likes
tgham99 says...

Hello everyone! My name is Tyra and I'm considering this to be my third attempt at getting into writing in the last year. Until recently, I've only viewed nonfiction writing as something that interested me, but it's my hope that being part of a large community of writers will help encourage me to write consistently.

I write mostly for fun/creative expression, but given that I'm double majoring in journalism and English, I figured I would see what it was like to dabble in the world of fiction and creative writing to see if I ended up enjoying it as much as I wanted to.

I'm interested in mostly poetry and short stories; a problem I've struggled with constantly is being struck with the inspiration to write, but having no ideas or topics to write about; it's almost like there's always a piece of the equation missing and I can't figure out what it is I'm actually inspired to write.

Anyways, I'm hoping to stick around for a while, so happy holidays, and happy writing to all <3
"Writing well means never having to say, 'I guess you had to be there.'" -- Jef Mallett

♡ ♡ ♡

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:09 am
Asith says...

Hello!
Inspiration is a fickle thing, but it'll show up when it wants to.
(Hint: if you force yourself to write without inspiration, inspiration gets jealous and appears)

"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry, and been widely regarded as a bad move."

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:06 am
claramax600 says...

Welcome aborad dear.

Poetry is the art of creating imaginary gardens with real toads.
— Marianne Moore