z

Young Writers Society

Here we go

Reviews: 3
Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:51 pm
View Likes
TenOfSwords says...

Hi, I suppose I should say that first.

My pen name is Ten! I'm a female, i'm 18, and I write purely for fun and because it's a great form of escape. I also love to read, so I think i'll be reading a lot of stuff on here.

I am by no means any kind of professional writer, but I do consider myself pretty good at reading. I can tell you if I find some piece confusing, or if it's crystal clear, and what kind of feeling I get from reading it. I read a lot of YA books, and i'm definitely open to discussing different books.

Currently my project is one I've been working on since I was 15. It's a love hate relationship. I go through periods where I think it's really good, and periods where it's really bad, I think that may just be a writer thing. I tend to compare myself to other writers, and often find myself lacking. There are some parts i'm really proud of though, I may just post those parts.

I don't plan on publishing it, I just think it's fun to write and try to convey a feeling onto a page. Make people feel the same things I do.

Other than my BIg Project, I do make little short stories and excerpts from different worlds I've built in my mind. I also like poetry, though I use that word hesitantly, because I don't think i'm especially great at that. In general, I just have low self confidence as a writer.

Anyways! I decided to make a profile here because I really don't have any friends who write, and would be willing to tell me if a piece was good or not (or even read it fully) so I thought this place could be perfect. I'm open to messages, though i'm quite new to this and quite awkward.

Thank you for reading! I look forward to reviewing some of your pieces and perhaps posting some of my own!

-Ten

278 Reviews

Reviews: 278
Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:06 pm
View Likes
LittleLee says...

Hello and welcome to the site! It's great to have you here!
I'm LittleLee, but you can call me anything you want. I love writing as a hobby, and I'm a very passionate reader. You'll usually find me reviewing poetry, though, because i love that especially. I'm also a huge fan of anime and a normal fan of BTS.
I enjoy instrumental and rock music, though i don't mind a little bit of hiphop or EDM.

It's okay to feel awkward! Everyone here is really friendly and probably willing to help you. You can also ask me if you need any help around the site or a critical look at your work.
Nice to meet you!
"I believe a man does what he can until his destiny is revealed to him."

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:57 am
Asith says...

Hi! You seem just like me, apart from being female :P

"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry, and been widely regarded as a bad move."

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:58 am
Liminality says...

Hi there! Here's a somewhat belated welcome to the site.

That love-hate relationship things is absolutely relatable. If there's one thing to know about me, it's that I've been sitting on the same chaotic mess of a story idea since I was nine years old. Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy your time here. I'd love to read some of your work! :D

Cheers,
- Liminality
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

This looks like a really bad episode of Green Acres.
— David Letterman