z

Young Writers Society

A Short Introduction

Reviews: 0
Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:59 pm
View Likes
Akiyami says...

Yo!
I'm Akiyami, as my username suggests, but please feel free to call me Aki or Yami if you're feeling more casual. I'm hoping to share some of my stories (when I get to actually completing them) and to read some of yours! As of the moment, I think I still have a lot to work on as a writer, so any criticism you could give me would be much appreciated!

Random note: My favorite genres of fiction are mystery and fantasy. They're cool.

414 Reviews

Reviews: 414
Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:26 pm
keystrings says...

Hi! Welcome to the site :D

Those are definitely cool genres. What kind of stories are you writing right now, or are interested in? I’m trying to write a fantasy/historical fiction story, a supernatural one, and even a steam-punk one, but I haven’t gotten very far in any of them. Whoops.

If you need to find any information, you could ask questions in Research or just look through Resources overall.

I hope you like it on here :)
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:11 am
Akiyami says...

As of right now, I'm currently writing—though, at the pace I'm going, I'm not sure if "writing" is the most appropriate verb for it—two works, the first of which is a mystery/supernatural story and the second one whose setting is a weird (but hopefully cool) mix of fantasy and sci-fi. Again, these are far from completion, so I hope I get some inspiration from this place!
Thanks for the welcome and tips!

414 Reviews

Reviews: 414
Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:45 am
keystrings says...

Both sound pretty cool, so I'm looking forward to seeing if/when you upload your stories on here! Feel free to ask questions on anything you're wondering about. We just want to help!

You're very welcome :D
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

641 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 641
Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:16 am
Panikos says...

Hi! Welcome to the site. I like the sound of the weird-but-hopefully-cool sci fi and fantasy story you're writing. What's the premise? :)
The backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done.

~Radical Face

Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:24 pm
Akiyami says...

The only way I can really explain the story's premise without delving too much into my world's magic system is that there are seven magical artifacts—called the Artificiums—that serve as extremely powerful magical items. When combined, the Artificiums form a perfect magical computer with a nigh-infinite amount of magical energy that can be "programmed" by a sufficiently proficient mage—essentially becoming a wish granting device. These items have returned from beyond the mortal realm and have thus (re)started the cyclical War of the Seven. The System of the War randomly assigns a few extremely powerful mages to fight in it. The protagonist, however, is not assigned the typical participant role, but instead, he is made a Guardian of one of the Artificiums—one that happens to have taken the form of beautiful girl.

It sounds 100% fantasy if I lay it out like that, but the world it's set in is pretty advanced technologically, with towering skyscrapers and all. It's just that it incorporates magic into technology as if it were science; the line between the two is almost indistinguishable. Magic operates almost like computer code, and one's proficiency with magic is based on one's ability to "code" his or her magic effectively.

Anyway, yeah, that's pretty much the whole thing's premise. Thanks for asking! I'm looking forward to sharing some of this in the future.

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:37 pm
View Likes
Kazumi says...

Ano, welcome to the YWS yay. This place is cool, ergo you are now cool too yayayayyyy.

By the way, it's Review Day tomorrow. It's basically a one fun day every last Sunday of the month where you clear out all the stuff in the Green Room (where all those nasty works that have less than 2 reviews hide) by reviewing them. Yeah, you have to REVIEW them, there ain't any other way we can defeat those monsters. Those one-or-less-reviews-works are only at their weakest when you nicely point out their points for improvements and pat them on the back they've been doing write. Get it? Cause write sounds like right, write? Badumtss. Pen's mightier than the sword, yo.

You can brave the Green Room alone, or you can join a Review Team and bring them to victory! Since this is your first one, I suggest you join one of those merry bands of adventurers to help you. Besides, vanquishing monsters is more fun when there's some competition.

Don't miss out on it, or else you'll regret it for the next month or so yeee
top kek

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:25 pm
View Likes
WritingPrincess says...

Welcome to YWS! I’m looking forward to reading some of your works. :)
Have a good day.
My contest: Pairs Poetry Contest
My WRFF: WritingPrincess’s Review Den

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:09 pm
PrincessInk says...

Hey Aki! I love mystery and fantasy as well. Do you have any favorite books in those genres? One of my favorites in mystery is definitely Agatha Christie mysteries, and in fantasy, I'm especially fond of the Books of Bayern.
always daydreaming, always clumsy

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:04 am
Iggy says...

Hey Aki, welcome to YWS! It's nice to meet you. :)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:51 pm
View Likes
Eternity says...

Hello~ Welcome to YWS. My inbox is open if you need help. I hope you enjoy your stay.

GET YER EYES AWAY FROM MY EYE SOCKETS >.>
— herbalhour