z

Young Writers Society

Hi, yes, I am still alive

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:06 am
View Likes
Fishr says...

Yes, Snoinkus, I am alive. I see almost everyone is now in orange. Who remembers the Pink days? (VIP) God, I’m old.

Anyway, my name is Jess.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:13 am
Mea says...

...Wow, you are old. (No offense. xD)

Nice to meet you, and welcome back! I've only been here since 2014, so I don't think we've met. :P
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

362 Reviews

Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:16 am
Fishr says...

I’m well preserved. XD

Please go meet you!
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:32 am
View Likes
Hattable says...

The ancients continue to awaken.

Welcome back! I think I joined about ten years after you, which is cccrazy. It's always cool when a long-absent YWSer returns, though!
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:41 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

Hello hello! I remember you, at least in that vague sense I remember people from the old-old YWS days. Weren't you like really into history and stuff? And yes I remember being a VIP though for some reason I thought we were purple?

Anyway, I'm still around-ish. I left YWS for most of my college years but was spurred to come back from an anniversary email in 2012 and joined staff in 2013. I'm trying to come back to being active but I'm not ready to re-green yet. And sadly I don't emoji-bomb people anymore haha.

@Snoink is still around but is really busy (yeah we can @ people now like Twitter lol). @Meshugenah is still an admin for some reason. There's some other old folks who pop in from time to time.

Glad to see you stopped by! Welcome back! :D
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

362 Reviews

Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:48 am
Fishr says...

Haha! I remember you nite owl! Yes, and I’m still that history nerd.
Glad Snoink and Mesh are still around-ish. Glad I stopped by too. Lol! I actually submitted a short story recently. It’s in the green room.

I swear the VIP color was pink but I could totally be wrong .

Hi Hatt! Please to meet you!

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:57 am
Meshugenah says...

Fish!

And Tae, hush yo face!
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

362 Reviews

Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:01 am
Fishr says...

-waves-

Hi Meshy!

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:37 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I'VE BEEN WONDERING ABOUT YOU LATELY, BELIEVE IT OR NOT. Mostly because you were the thirty-year-old cool person on YWS and NOW I AM THIRTY!!!! OMG.

Anyway. HIIIIIIIIIIII. I have like... three kids now and an awesome husband and I've published three books (WHAT?!) and life is crazy and all that, but I am so happy to see you and I'm glad I checked in to see you!

Are you still doing awesome reenactments? TELL. Also: did Welcome ever get his story told? We need to know...
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:58 pm
View Likes
Poor Imp says...

Oy. Um. It looks like I'm still alive too. Hullo all still-alivers!
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

362 Reviews

Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:03 pm
Fishr says...

Like review it and stuff. XD No Name

Snoinkus, Welcome’s story died. I never finished. XD Yes I’m still doing reenactments. It’s good to hear your life is rockin! I never knew I was actually cool on YWS. Lol! Did you ever get Freak published?

Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate.
— Sigmund Freud