Young Writers Society

After a seven year hiatus, I'm back!

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:22 pm
View Likes
BigBadBear says...

Hello, everyone!

My name is Jared (or BigBadBear, 3B, Triple Threat, Baer, BBB, or any combination of my former nicknames). I am not new here, but in another sense, I'm incredible new here. I grew up on this wonderful, amazing site. I joined back in 2007 because I had written a short story about a killer bus driver and was looking for some sort of community that would help me improve my writing, and fell in love with the people of this website.

I soon became addicted to writing and critiquing and reading and making friendships on here. Some of them I still maintain to this day!

Anyway, I would just like to announce that I want to try to get to know this site again. I know it's the YOUNG writer's society, and I'm not exactly young anymore, but I'm a young writer still, so I think that has to count for something.

A little about me:

I'm from Utah. Earlier this year I purchased my first home with my wife and our brand new puppy, Molly. I attend a state university and am going for my bachelors in Finance and Credit. I work at a community bank as a Branch Operations Manager. I love my life and I want to work on developing my passions and creative sides.

As far as being a writer, that was always my passion growing up through my teen years. Being an active member of YWS, I participated in NaNoWriMo I think two or three years and won each year. Some of my greatest memories of this community is sitting in the chatroom for hours and getting to know all of you.

If you happen to remember me from the dinosaur era of YWS, say hi! And even if you don't remember me, I'd love to get to know you!

See you around,

Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:02 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Welcome back! I joined several years after your time, so it's a pleasure to meet you.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:18 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

I'm hardly young either (I joined in 2004, was sporadically active between 2004-2009 and came back in late 2012), so you're not the only dinosaur around here. :P I don't think our periods of activity really overlapped much, but I recognize your name. Welcome back and I hope you stick around! :D
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:12 pm
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

Eh, you can join all us old farts, hanging out on the porch and shaking our canes at everyone while we grumble about how we did things "back in our days." :P
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:32 pm
Blues says...

I vaguely recognise your name from when I just joined.

Welcome home!

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:38 pm
Iggy says...

Whoa, there's a blue face I've never seen before! Welcome back to YWS, Jared! I hope you'll stick around for a while :)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:03 pm
Rook says...

I know you because you've posted some real good stuff about the LDS church. I kinda wished you were active here because it's always good to have fellow Mormons here when you want to talk about church stuff to someone who understands :D

Welcome back :]
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:43 pm
PrincessInk says...

Welcome back! I've never met you before (I joined in 2017) so it's nice to say hello there :)

Also, is your avatar showing a violin? Or is it some other string instrument?
always daydreaming, always clumsy

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:02 am
Fishr says...

Hi BBB. Remember me?
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:57 am
Snoink says...

Yay! Welcome back!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:46 pm
Starve says...

Welcome back Jared!

Something like this must take a lot of effort especially since you must've had strong reasons for leaving something that was a big part of you behind.
I'm new as hell to YWS and writing so I don't know anybody here well but we're all just trying to improve so hope to see ya around and props for continually trying to develop your creative side!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:21 pm
Rosendorn says...

Memories of me are probably eye-blinding pink headaches lol I think our experience just barely overlapped? Rosey Unicorn.

Nice to see you again!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:06 pm
Akisha says...

Another dinosaur making a return here, I joined in 2005!
I was glad to discover my account still exists.

"It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small."
— Neil Armstrong