Young Writers Society

youngcamus-introduction

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:57 am
View Likes
youngcamus says...

Hello,

It'd be rude of me not to introduce myself. As you can tell by my username, I'm a huge fan of Albert Camus. I've read a majority of his works and I'm in the process of owning them all. I like to write short stories and short books. I also dabble in philosophical essays concerning humanism and existence.

Another one of my favorite authors is Ernest Hemingway, because his short and concise writing style always conveys a larger meaning.
Jean-Paul Sartre is another favorite writer of mine. Like Camus, he's concerned with the human condition and what it means to exist.
As you can probably tell by now, most of my works are concerned with the same topics. The existentialist era, in my opinion, is far from closed and the human condition is still extremely vast and must be explored more.

I will be attending college in the fall with an intent to major in Journalism and minor in Philosophy. Journalism will help me secure a job and work on my writing style. Philosophy will give me more knowledge to base my creative and personal writing on.

Before I close this, I'll answer a question I expect to get.

My favorite book is The Fall by Albert Camus.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:56 am
Evander says...

Welcome to the site!
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:14 am
mellifera says...

Welcome to yws, youngcamus! I'm happy you've found your way over here :)

You mentioned writing short stories (and same! I love writing shorts), what genres are you interested in?

If you need any help, don't be shy to ask!
I believe in a universe that doesn't care and people that do.

You and I, we are matter, and it matters.

they/them

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Lives4Christ24 says...

Welcome to YWS @youngcamus
Lives4Christ24
Jesus Rocks, So Roll With Him

If you can't find the stories you want to read, write them yourself

Reviews: 2
Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:11 pm
Bell0603 says...

Welcome to YWS!

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:41 am
Carina says...

Welcome! I think it's neat you're a fan of Albert Camus. In high school, I learned about existential topics and it interested me enough that I picked up The Stranger to read. It's been a while since I've read it, but his works and ideologies are intriguing! Any recommendations for me to pick up next by him? :o I'm guessing The Fall? xD
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

Reviews: 0
Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:49 am
KatiEKat says...

I thought the topic title was youngcamus-introductionus like it was some latin name xD

Welcome though! ^-^ Ive only been a lurker recently but there are lots of great works in here! Cant wait to see what you bring c:
so many cute cat avatars i might die!!

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:31 pm
aulyasela3597 says...

Welcome to the site @youngcamus :D I hope you enjoy your time sharing your literary works here :) Nice to meet you!

Remember: the plot is nothing more than footprints left in the snow after your characters have run by on their way to incredible destinations.
— Ray Bradbury