z

Young Writers Society

A New Writer

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:50 pm
View Likes
aelihe says...

I am new here, and presumably much older than many people here. I am 19, in college, and completely directionless. I have been seeking friends who like writing as much as I do with hopes that it may spark a new fire within me. So far, I have done the opposite and abandoned all of my friends in the pursuit of finding new ones. So here I am, starting clean, in hopes of allowing my crimson red to be bleached to a Snow White. My name is Amanda, I love writing fiction, I’m a long time vegetarian to loves learning new things. I hope to make many new connections!

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:59 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

Hi Amanda! Actually, though the advertised age range of YWS is 13-25, I think our average age is around 18, so you're right in the middle! I'm actually in my late twenties, though I joined as a young teenager. A lot of us joined when we were younger and stuck around. :)

I can relate to not having IRL friends into writing, but hopefully you can find your place in the community here. Let me know if you have any questions and welcome again! :D
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:30 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

Welcome Amanda! Let me know if you have any questions about this site, and I'll try to answer. What are some of your favorite books?
always daydreaming, always clumsy

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:21 am
View Likes
mellifera says...

Hey there, Amanda! Welcome to yws :D If you're looking for a website full of friendly writers- you're definitely in the write place! ;D Okay, sorry about that. Regardless, glad to have you here!

If you need help, feel free to reach out!
I believe in a universe that doesn't care and people that do.

You and I, we are matter, and it matters.

they/them

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:43 pm
View Likes
Lives4Christ24 says...

Hi Amanda welcome to YWS. I hope you find your place and new friends. There is a wide range of ages here on YWS and like niteowl said your right in the middle. I keep my age a secret for obvious reasons, but !let if the people who stay there age are from 14-25, there are some people who say they are 100 or 4, but most of us are in the age range that niteowl mentioned.
Lives4Christ24
Jesus Rocks, So Roll With Him

If you can't find the stories you want to read, write them yourself

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:32 pm
aulyasela3597 says...

Welcome to the site @aelihe :D !

641 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 641
Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:33 pm
Panikos says...

Hiya, aelihe! What kind of genres do you write? :)
The backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done.

~Radical Face

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:53 pm
Sheadun says...

Hi there!

My name is Sheadun and I am almost 17. I am excited that you've joined the site! I hope you like it as much as I do. I would love to be able to read some of your works! Please let me know when you first post one :)

Do you write novels or poems?

Have fun!

Sheadun

Seeing is believing, but feeling is the truth.
— Thomas Fuller