z

Young Writers Society

Greetings

Reviews: 2
Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:34 pm
Scrivener says...

Hey all,

Name's Callum, but you can call me Scrivener, as that is a pretty cool sounding name. Cooler than Callum anyway.

I've found this forum because of quitting another forum, but that doesn't mean I'm any less excited to start posting here. On the contrary, my aim is to make this experience on YWS twice as positive as the one I had on the previous forum. With that being said, a little bit of info about myself;

As I said previously, the name's Scrivener, and I'm an eighteen year old guy who's just about fed up with high school, but still plenty enthusiastic about writing, At the age of 13, I self-published my first novel with the help of my parents. First and only, before you get any ideas. However through time since then, I've kept up with writing and had plenty of excellent ideas to boot. Mostly I view writing as a means of externalizing my thoughts and expressing the current mental bone I'm gnawing at.

I've just gotten back from a Youth Exchange program, and in hopefully getting back on my feet, I will find time to do much more writing and maybe even complete a couple projects, if I'm both persistent and lucky.

Finally, in terms of what I'm planning on doing specifically on-site, I'll be setting up a review thread for those of you who would like to have me critique your work, and I'll also probably be creating another thread for whichever crazy half-baked writing idea I'm toying with at any given moment,

With that said, I'd like to say thank you for taking the time to read my introduction, and I can't wait to see you in the forums. :)

Scriv

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:12 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

Welcome! Sounds like you have some awesome plans. Hope to see you around! :D
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:41 pm
View Likes
neptune says...

Hey Scrivener! Nice to see a new face here -- welcome to YWS!
you can request a review here!
Check out Squills!

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:57 pm
View Likes
Evander says...

Welcome to the site, Scrivener! I hope that you have an awesome time here.
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:21 pm
View Likes
Lives4Christ24 says...

H i, Welcome to YWS. I'm Lives
Lives4Christ24
Jesus Rocks, So Roll With Him

If you can't find the stories you want to read, write them yourself

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:53 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

Welcome! I like your username. Do you by any chance use the program called Scrivener to write in? It's a little pricey, but I find it pretty cool for organizing large projects.

It sounds like you've got a lot planned already! Since you're working on planning an idea right now, if you think you could maybe be ready to start writing it by next week, check out The Last Man Standing: Round IV - it's a cool contest that'll get you working on a project with a dedicated schedule. (You can go with the one provided or set your own.)
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:09 am
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

Welcome, welcome!! Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Hope to see you around :)
always daydreaming, always clumsy

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:48 pm
View Likes
TheBlueCat says...

Hi and welcome! ^-^ That's awesome that you published a book; that's still just a dream for me. Anyways, I hope you love it here and don't ever hesitate to reach out to me or anyone else with any questions! c:
Unofficial Blue Cat of YWS =^-^=
she/her please <3

Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:31 pm
Scrivener says...

@Mea

Thousand thanks for the suggestion, it sounds like the perfect "Thing For Me To Do" on YWS, aside from Storybook fun times.

:D

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:45 pm
View Likes
Lives4Christ24 says...

I hope you decide to do it @Scrivener
Lives4Christ24
Jesus Rocks, So Roll With Him

If you can't find the stories you want to read, write them yourself

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:18 am
View Likes
mellifera says...

Hey there, Scrivener! Welcome to the site :D

What are interested in writing? Also, I see you've joined LMS! That's awesome, I'm looking forward to see what you write for that!

Like TheBlueCat said, feel free to ask if you have any questions! Otherwise, glad to have you around!
I believe in a universe that doesn't care and people that do.

You and I, we are matter, and it matters.

they/them

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:35 pm
View Likes
aulyasela3597 says...

Hi, Callum! Welcome to YWS, I'm Sheila :) I hope you enjoy your time using this site :)

Stupid risks make life worth living.
— Homer Simpson