z

Young Writers Society

Hi!

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:15 pm
View Likes
IgniteTheStars says...

Hi! I just joined and tbh it all looks pretty interesting! Just a quick question, what is the 'giving gifts' thing? Like what do we give actually? Sorry I don't really know where to find the intro and stuff yet...

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:31 pm
View Likes
Hattable says...

The gifts are basically just little images that vary from, like, cartoon animals to monsters to anime characters and things like that? They don't have much of a purpose behind them aside from "hey I'll give my friends some, hey I got some back, neat!" They're like stickers that cost 50 whole points each-- but you get your first 4 free, I think?

Anyway, hope you enjoy it here!
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:35 pm
PrincessInk says...

Welcome to YWS! Glad to have you here :D

What do you like to write?
always daydreaming, always clumsy

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:52 pm
Evander says...

Hey, Stars! Welcome to the site!

I've taken a few screenshots (they'll be under the spoiler), so hopefully that will help you! So, gifts are basically little images that you can give your friends. Iii tend to send some to friends I haven't spoken to in a bit, or to show gratitude for a review.

Spoiler! :

Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:05 am
IgniteTheStars says...

Oh! Thanks guys! The other writing sites don't seem to do this so I thought it was like fan mail or something, haha!
@PrincessInk (I'm not sure how tag) Umm, so far I'm still not quite sure... I tend to stick with short stories though, but as for the genres I kind of try everything, although they don't tend to end up really well.

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:31 pm
PrincessInk says...

Yes, adding "@" before a person's username is the way to tag someone! :)

I think it's a fun and helpful experience to write in different genres--it trains different writing "muscles" and improves your writing overall. I write mostly fantasy xD but I think I want to try other genres out
always daydreaming, always clumsy

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:00 pm
Lives4Christ24 says...

Hi, welcome to YWS. I'm Lives4Christ24, but you can call me Lives.
Lives4Christ24
Jesus Rocks, So Roll With Him

If you can't find the stories you want to read, write them yourself

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:31 am
aulyasela3597 says...

Hello, everyone! I'm Sheila. I'm a new member to YWS. I just randomly searched on google "best websites for writing and blogging" and luckily, this website is listed, so I tried to make one and I found YWS quite amazing!

I'm 21 years old, a college student majoring English Literature, battling in sixth semester hehe....I'm from Indonesia, I live in a city called Surabaya, in Java Island (East Java) My hobby is drawing and writing for leisure :)

I hope we can get along so well! I would like to make friends with you all! Anyway, I'm glad to meet you. Have a pleasant day!

they got that magical iridescence that you don't expect to be on a sky rat y'know
— Ari11