z

Young Writers Society

Introducing myself

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu May 31, 2018 11:13 pm
View Likes
SimpleBicycle says...

Hello! My friend told me about this site so I decided to check it out. My name is Ember, and I also go by Em or my username :) I'm 18 years old and I've been writing since I was approximately eight. I've participated in NaNoWriMo five times (won four times) and won Camp NaNoWriMo five times. I wrote 238,495 words in 2016, and 169,851 words in 2017. I like to write :D
I'm painfully new to sharing my writing with other people so I have a lot of anxieties about that. Trying to step out of my comfort zone by being here :)

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu May 31, 2018 11:25 pm
View Likes
Vervain says...

What up! Always nice to see a new face on the site!

I'm actually taking a break from NaNo this year, but I've basically been doing it for the last 8 or 9 years, and I've won my fair share of times. It's awesome to see someone else who's into it!

What's your favorite genre to write? What are you proudest of writing?
stay off the faerie paths

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Thu May 31, 2018 11:34 pm
View Likes
Hattable says...

Welcome to the site! I like your username. It's simple (*ba dum--*), but unique. Those winnings under your belt are pretty impressive! I've participated in NaNo a couple times but never got even close to winning. Congratulations!

It's definitely a spooky step, sharing your writing with others, but I hope you find yewis to be a comfortable place for it!
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

5 Reviews

Thu May 31, 2018 11:48 pm
SimpleBicycle says...

@Lareine Thank you! NaNoWriMo is a great challenge and good bragging material :D
My favorite genres are fantasy/sci-fi! My proudest piece of writing is probably my novel draft that I'm aaaalmost done with. It's not good at all, but it'll be the first draft I've completed :) Plus, editing and rewriting is the fun part!

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:24 am
View Likes
jumpingsheep says...

Hello hello! Another Nanowrimo-er! It's so exciting that you've completed the challenge that many times. And congrats on an almost first draft :D
hello there

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:15 pm
PrincessInk says...

Welcome Em! Hope you have a great time here :D

What do you like to read?
always daydreaming, always clumsy

5 Reviews

Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:01 pm
View Likes
SimpleBicycle says...

@PrincessInk Thank you! I usually read fantasy/sci-fi. I love supernatural stories and pretty much anything with superpowers :D
Rick Riordan is my favorite author. Percy Jackson is what really motivated me to keep writing :)

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:53 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

I recall enjoying the Percy Jackson books a great deal! :)
always daydreaming, always clumsy

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:28 am
View Likes
aulyasela3597 says...

Hello, everyone! I'm Sheila. I'm a new member to YWS. I just randomly searched on google "best websites for writing and blogging" and luckily, this website is listed, so I tried to make one and I found YWS quite amazing!

I'm 21 years old, a college student majoring English Literature, battling in sixth semester hehe....I'm from Indonesia, I live in a city called Surabaya, in Java Island (East Java) My hobby is drawing and writing for leisure :)

I hope we can get along so well! I would like to make friends with you all! Anyway, I'm glad to meet you. Have a pleasant day!

5 Reviews

Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:33 am
SimpleBicycle says...

@aulyasela3597 Welcome! I hope you enjoy it here. I've had a fun time so far.
What kind of things do you like to write?

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:00 am
aulyasela3597 says...

@SimpleBicycle I like writing essays and something Mystical/Supranatural thingie, urban legend of Ghosts in my country (Indonesia) and Indonesia's folklores :)

I've had so much fun using this website, the best part is the Forums! I could find any interesting topics and discussions :D It is very helpful for me.

A diamond is merely a lump of coal that did well under pressure.
— Unknown