z

Young Writers Society

Hello! Excited to be here!

Reviews: 2
Sun May 20, 2018 7:54 am
ChristianL says...

Hello to anyone reading!

I have been looking for a place to get become a better writer, since I feel I can only improve so much through bugging my English teacher for advice. Im so happy that I found this place. Ive been lurking for a bit and I think I'm ready to dive in. From what I've seen, you all seem like wonderful people, and this place seems perfect for budding wordsmiths like myself and I assume most other people posting. I have a lot of improving to do, and this place seems perfect to both get advice, and give it. Cant wait to get started!

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Sun May 20, 2018 10:45 am
Mea says...

Hello! Welcome to the site! It sounds like you'll fit right in. :D My favorite thing about being on here is that by giving advice, I get a lot better at writing myself, and so it's a great loop of benefits for everyone. :P

What do you like to write? Also, what's the story behind your avatar? (It's really cute!)
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sun May 20, 2018 1:38 pm
soundofmind says...

Welcome Christian! Like mea said, it sounds like you’ll enjoy it here :D

How ling have you been lurking? Haha. I remember I lurked a lot before joining so I’m just curious what you saw that made you wanna take the dive in lol.

What kind of stuff do you like to write? Novels, poems, short stories, or other things? Do you have any projects you’re currently working on?? :0
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Sun May 20, 2018 3:06 pm
PrincessInk says...

Welcome Christian! I'm sure you'll have a great time here :D Feel free to PM me or post on my wall if you want to ask me question or just talk.

Anyway, what books are on your all-time favorites list?
always daydreaming, always clumsy

Reviews: 2
Sun May 20, 2018 3:52 pm
View Likes
ChristianL says...

Im still learning how this website works so bear with me a bit here, I think this is how I reply?
Anyway my favorite books are Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert Heinlien Anchient Shores by Jack Mcdevvit, and a Wrinkle in time by Madeleine L'Engle. I want to eventually write full novels as an author, but that's really difficult so I practice with mostly short stories.
Also my avatar to who asked, is my favorite Pokémon Driftloon. It's a cute little ballon Pokémon that's always my avatar.

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sun May 20, 2018 4:25 pm
Hattable says...

Ayy, nice Drifloon. Welcome to the site! I see you've already said that you're interested in writing novels and you work on short stories. What genre(s) do you enjoy writing the most? Taking your favorite book list into account, I'm guessing you at least enjoy to read sci-fi, haha
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

275 Reviews

Reviews: 275
Sun May 20, 2018 5:30 pm
elysian says...

you've definitely come to the right place! Welcome! <3
elysian: (adj.) beautiful or creative; divinely inspired; peaceful and perfect.

formally lylas.

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Sun May 20, 2018 8:47 pm
Mea says...

Oh, A Wrinkle in Time is one of my very favorite books! I haven't read the others you mentioned - maybe I should check them out. :)
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

*Sad football bagpipes*
— DougalOfBiscuits