z

Young Writers Society

Hey!

Reviews: 0
Sun May 13, 2018 8:40 am
MelonCat says...

Hi!

I'm not really a new writer, but I haven't really shared much of my stuff and I'm hoping that'll change since I just signed up here! I might wait awhile though because I'm kind of shy. (I also need to write something a bit more original. I haven't strayed outside of fanfiction much. Heh.)

But anyway, I'm a big fan of the fantasy genre (and most books that involve animals), so if you've posted any books like that, don't be afraid to ask me to read them! I'm not very good at critiquing, but I'm also hoping that skill will improve here.
Last edited by MelonCat on Sun May 13, 2018 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Sun May 13, 2018 8:55 am
View Likes
Mea says...

Heyo! Welcome to the site. :) Fanfiction is totally welcome here, don't worry, but we look forward to seeing your original works too! What sort of fanfiction do you write? I'm also a huge fan of fantasy, so who's your favorite author?

And don't sweat the critiquing too much - it's definitely something you get better at with time. :)
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

Sun May 13, 2018 9:15 am
MelonCat says...

Mea wrote:Heyo! Welcome to the site. :) Fanfiction is totally welcome here, don't worry, but we look forward to seeing your original works too! What sort of fanfiction do you write? I'm also a huge fan of fantasy, so who's your favorite author?

And don't sweat the critiquing too much - it's definitely something you get better at with time. :)

Oh, awesome!

Well, most of the stuff I've written is for Undertale (There are just so many ways to go with that game, and that's not even counting AUs!), but I've also written stuff for RWBY and Red vs Blue.

Rick Riordan for sure. My favorite fantasy trilogy is the Kane Chronicles.

What about you? Have you written any fanfiction? Who is your favorite author?

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Sun May 13, 2018 9:16 am
Kanome says...

Welcome to the site! c: So you like reading novels that involves animals... by any chance you read the Animorphs series? I think that's what it's called. And fanfiction is amazing. Glad I am not the only one. c:
PROTECTOR OF LIGHT
Knight of the Green Room

Sun May 13, 2018 9:28 am
MelonCat says...

Kanome wrote:Welcome to the site! c: So you like reading novels that involves animals... by any chance you read the Animorphs series? I think that's what it's called. And fanfiction is amazing. Glad I am not the only one. c:

Thanks!

No, I haven't! I didn't even know it existed. I did know about the TV show (and was a fan of that for awhile). Now, I must read the books to see what I missed out on!

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Sun May 13, 2018 10:58 am
Mea says...

I have written a little bit of fanfiction! It was Harry Potter fanfiction and might actually still be in my portfolio on here lol. My favorite series is Harry Potter, but my favorite all-around author would probably have to be Brandon Sanderson - his worlds and magic systems are so awesome. I really like Rick Riordan too, though I was a lot more obsessed when I was a bit younger. I'm glad you love Kane Chronicles - I feel like those are so under-appreciated compared to Percy Jackson!

Any questions about the site so far? Also, your avatar is adorable. c:
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sun May 13, 2018 12:36 pm
View Likes
qalbdaye3 says...

hey everyone I'm also new. Just signed up matter of fact. I'm hoping to make friends and share my writings. much love <3

275 Reviews

Reviews: 275
Sun May 13, 2018 6:30 pm
View Likes
elysian says...

If you ever have anything you'd like me to review, don't hesitate to ask!

Also, welcome to you as well, @qalbdaye3!
elysian: (adj.) beautiful or creative; divinely inspired; peaceful and perfect.

formally lylas.

Sun May 13, 2018 10:33 pm
MelonCat says...

Mea wrote:I have written a little bit of fanfiction! It was Harry Potter fanfiction and might actually still be in my portfolio on here lol. My favorite series is Harry Potter, but my favorite all-around author would probably have to be Brandon Sanderson - his worlds and magic systems are so awesome. I really like Rick Riordan too, though I was a lot more obsessed when I was a bit younger. I'm glad you love Kane Chronicles - I feel like those are so under-appreciated compared to Percy Jackson!

Any questions about the site so far? Also, your avatar is adorable. c:

Oooo, Harry Potter! Unfortunately, I was never able to click with those books, but I’ve seen fans discuss some of the world building and it seems pretty cool (Though I also think the same thing of Percy Jackson). I don’t think I’ve ever read anything from Brandon Sanderson. His name does sound familiar though. I’ll definitely check him out. And yes, the Kane Chronicles are definitely under-appreciated. I took to them better than Percy Jackson, but that may just be because I prefer Egyptian lore.

Haha, yeah I do, actually. Is there anyway to respond to someone and make it obvious without quoting? Maybe a method to respond to multiple people?

And thanks! The cat is cute.

If you have a Kuzco in your life and they don't turn into a llama, bail.
— Alan SeaWright