z

Young Writers Society

Growing as a Writer

Reviews: 1
Thu May 10, 2018 9:21 pm
View Likes
TBird says...

Hi everyone! I'm new here and I'm really excited to learn and write with all of you. I am looking to grow as a writer, so any advice or reviews are very much appreciated.

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Thu May 10, 2018 9:35 pm
Hattable says...

My only advice, really, is to not be discouraged by criticism. Everyone starts somewhere, and even the best of us get rough criticism from time to time. Not every work can be perfect. So post your stories or poems or whatever, wait for those reviews, and take what you can from them to make your writing better!

(Also don't forget to review others, yourself, 'cause you'll need more points to keep posting)
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

304 Reviews

Reviews: 304
Fri May 11, 2018 7:51 pm
barefootrunner says...

I totes second Hattable. Really, review other people's works and read reviews people post on other writers' works, particularly if their work is similar to yours. You can often find master tips in there that are not specific to the particular piece!

Storybooking is also a fun activity that is bound to help you connect with new friends over writing, and it stimulates you to try different ideas. Just click on the Storybooks tab and get into something :)

YWS is a super friendly place and I hope you enjoy the experience!
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" - Einstein

You are not the voice in your mind, but the one who is aware of it.
— Eckhart Tolle