z

Young Writers Society

hi

Reviews: 4
Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:17 pm
smallestturtle says...

I was writing on figment and wattpad for the past couple of years (inconsistently as heck) and then I read about what the new version of figment is doing (Penguin owns everyone's stuff in the terms which is. Deplorable.) This place was recommended as something to use instead so I'm trying it out. I'm really attention/feedback motivated, so if I want to ever actually finish a novel without bugging my friends for opinions I kind of have to be here lol.
My fav authors are Deborah Harkness, Neil Gaiman, and Rick Riordan. My favorite artists are catnippackets, ikimaru (both online), Ivan Albright, and Leonid Afremov. My favorite song artists are Dessa, Amanda Palmer, and They Might Be Giants.
I write on AO3 as abyss1826.

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:27 pm
TheBlueCat says...

Hello smallestturtle! Welcome to the site! You can call me Cat. c: In my opinion, YWS is the best place ever for good feedback on your works. I may be a little biased ;)
By the way, what kind of stuff do you like to write? I enjoy fantasy and realistic fiction, and write poems and am attempting a novel.
Unofficial Blue Cat of YWS =^-^=
she/her please <3

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:27 pm
SnowGhost says...

Welcome to the YWS. I am snowmonkey or snow. If you have any questions concerning the place, just ask members who's names are in red (administrators) or green (moderators) but I'm sure anyone else would be happy to help as well. Hope you enjoy the site :)
Just killing time until time kills me.

Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:54 pm
View Likes
smallestturtle says...

@TheBlueCat

I don't know if I'm replying right >~<
But I like to write modern fantasy like things, and modern mythology. One novel I'm working on is a bit similar to Riordan's Greek Mythology series (hopefully not... too similar? That'd suck???) and sort of my own take on Vampire lore mixed with Werewolves and Fae. The scary Fae.
I also like uncanny valley horror and folktales for inspiration.

Poetry is something I do sometimes, also.
Last edited by smallestturtle on Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:07 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

Welcome welcome! I like your username :D

And yes, YWS is totally better than every other writer's site on the internet and I'm totally not biased at all. :P I recommend just diving right in and getting involved - everyone is super friendly, and reviewing other people and talking to people is the best way to get great feedback on your stuff. :)

And I really like Rick Riordan too! I've sort of fallen away from his stuff in recent years, but I really loved the first Percy Jackson series and Kane Chronicles. I haven't read anything by Neil Gaiman yet, but I've been meaning to - what would you recommend?

(Also, to reply without quoting someone, just scroll down to the bottom of the thread and click the "show quick reply" button, type in there, and post! If you want someone to know that you've replied to them, you can "tag" them by putting an @ in front of their username - for example, @smallestturtle.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:23 pm
View Likes
smallestturtle says...

@Mea
omg thank you so much for that tip I don't wanna like. Shout into the void asdfghjkl.

My first Neil Gaiman was Coraline, then the Graveyard Book. Good Omens coauthored by Terry Pratchett is a hoot. Anansi Boys is a great mythology one he's done. I haven't read American Gods yet but it's one that he's really known for. (My mom reads aloud to us in the car on road trips and I suggested that one and she was like ~noooo~ because there's sex in it apparently so she read Anansi Boys instead.) He also wrote the Sandman Comics so if you like those :D. He has a few short story collections like M is for Magic and Trigger Warning, also. Coraline and the collections might be a good place to start since they're shorter.
I hope you enjoy him!

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:11 am
Chitz says...

Hey! Welcome to YWS. This place is the coolest for writers and hope you will enjoy it too. You can disturb anyone for help. Everyone here is really on the go.
Thinking about end is waste of time. It will end your each day. Better live in present. :wink:

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:47 pm
Charm says...

Welcome to YWS! I hope you love it here as much as I do! Let me know if you need anything.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:33 am
Iggy says...

Welcome to YWS! :mrgreen:
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

278 Reviews

Reviews: 278
Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:25 pm
LittleLee says...

Late welcome!
"I believe a man does what he can until his destiny is revealed to him."

325 Reviews

Reviews: 325
Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:33 pm
tigeraye says...

Welcome to SUPERIOR writing website for superior people
dot

There is a difference between being poor and being broke: broke is temporary; poor is eternal.
— Robert Kiyosaki