z

Young Writers Society

I'm new

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:12 pm
View Likes
123pinkrose says...

Hi I'm new if anyone wants to show me around a little. I found this website and I thought it is a great way to meet new people and get feedback for my writing. I am kind of a new writer and have trouble finishing stories but I think I could use this website to meet some people who can help. If anyone here knows more about this place please help me. Thanks for reading this and have a great day.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:22 pm
View Likes
Evander says...

Welcome to the site, pinkrose! I think you'll fit just in right.

If you head on over to the clubs section of the site, then you'll find a contest called Story A Week. It's hosted by @Lareine and it's a great way to get into the habit of starting and finishing short stories! The goal is to write one story a week for 52 weeks! If you join, you can get matched up with someone who will give you personalized feedback on your stuff! Currently, it's on its second week, so it's never too late to join!

I'd also recommend that you check out the Knowledge Base! It has a lot of articles written by YWSers that can help a new writer out!

If you have any questions, then don't hesitate to send me a question! You can also ask the folks with light green names and dark green names!
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:58 pm
TheBlueCat says...

Hello pinkrose! Welcome to YWS! I'm Cat, and it's nice to meet you! c: If you need anything, feel free to ask. ^-^ I hope you like it here!
Unofficial Blue Cat of YWS =^-^=
she/her please <3

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:34 am
Mea says...

Welcome to the site! This sounds like the perfect place for you. :D What do you like to write?

And what do you want to know about the site? The first thing to get started would probably be how to post your stories! You do this by going to your Publishing Center and following the steps it tells you.

Posting a story costs points, but you'll notice you already have 200 points - that's enough for you to post a work for people to read. To get more points to post more works, you give other writers feedback on their stories - you'll see a place below each work where you can comment, and if you give feedback and click the "Yes, this is a review" button, then you'll get points! (And don't be afraid of giving feedback - people post stuff here because that's what they want. :P)

There's a lot more stuff to do on here, but I hope that gets you started! Just click around a lot and explore, and if you have questions, be sure to ask. :D
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

641 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 641
Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:15 am
Panikos says...

Hiya, pinkrose! I'm Pan. It sounds to me like you're definitely in the right place. If you're struggling with finishing stories, maybe you'd like to join The Accountability Club. It's a group for writers (like myself!) who struggle to finish projects, so it's a great place to chat to other writers and rant about discuss your writing woes.

Hope you like it here! If you've any other specific questions, please ask! :D
The backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done.

~Radical Face

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:54 pm
PrincessInk says...

Welcome, welcome! Hope you have fun here :D
always daydreaming, always clumsy

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:40 am
Iggy says...

Hey there and welcome! Love the avatar :)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything, and the value of nothing.
— Oscar Wilde