z

Young Writers Society

Hello

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:47 pm
LAH822 says...

Hi, i'm new and didn't even know this website existed until 7 minutes ago. I need help/advice. what is this website for and how to I use it it geez.

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:05 am
View Likes
Holysocks says...

Hello, welcome to YWS!

YWS is a site for young writers (surprise, surprise!) to post there work and get feedback! There's also tons of events, contests, other fun functions, and the best part is the community! C: Basically if you want to get the most out of YWS, I suggest you get really involved in the community. Write and post works, review, chat with people, write blogs, join contests, join a role play and/or a Story Book, etc! There's so much to do here and to access all of that, all you have to do is dive right in. c:

If you have any other questions feel free to let me know!
100% autistic

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:31 am
alliyah says...

Sweet! Welcome to the site! :) Holysocks gave a fabulous intro of YWS -- here's a thread that may help you too: Frequently Asked Questions for New Members.

Basically, yeah we're a fun writing community where you can post pieces and review other people's works (in addition to a bunch of other neat things).

If you have specific questions, definitely reach out!

Best of luck in your writing endeavors! :)
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:40 am
Iggy says...

Hey there, welcome to YWS! My inbox is always open if you need it. :)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Reviews: 3
Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:38 pm
Satrena says...

HI, when I signed up I was told to come here and talk? What do I do?
Catriona Moore

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:15 am
Mea says...

@Satrena - This area of the site is called the Welcome Mat, and it's just a place where you can come and introduce yourself to the other members of the site! Usually people do it by posting their own thread by clicking on the "Introduce Yourself" button on the left-hand side of the page here.

You definitely don't have to make an introduction thread if you don't want to, though - feel free to just dive in and explore the site! Be sure to check out the Publishing Center, where you can post your own stories and poems, and our All Literary section, where you can read works that other people post. :D
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

There are those who say that life is like a book, with chapters for each event in your life and a limited number of pages on which you can spend your time. But I prefer to think that a book is like a life, particularly a good one, which is well to worth staying up all night to finish.
— Lemony Snicket