z

Young Writers Society

Um h-hi!

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:10 pm
View Likes
Cinderquill says...

Ok I've never used a writing forum before, or really shared my writing before. But I really want to become a better writer, so that's why I came here!

I'm around 15 years old! My hobbies are mostly drawing and playing the piano, but I also like to jot down my feelings on a piece of paper when I have the sudden urge to.

I can't wait to meet the community! (I hope this was a decent introduction... >_<)

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:03 pm
View Likes
Aley says...

Welcome!

That was a perfect introduction. I am happy that you've come to join us. We have a lot going on but the best place to check out first is FAQ for New Users, Official YWS Rules &amp; Guides, and to review.

YWS runs on reviewing, so mastering the The YWS Critique Sandwich is a great thing to do. You can also read over some of the articles in The Knowledge Base if you want to check out some of the amazing articles we've accumulated over YWS's years.

If you have any questions, you can ask them in Questions and Answers or get in touch with someone through PM.

Most of all, welcome to YWS!

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:41 pm
neptune says...

Hey Cinderquill! Welcome to YWS!

Aley covered just about everything, but if you've finished reading through the articles she gave you, I suggest browsing the forums or people tab! There are so much interesting and fun things to explore!

The site can be a lot when you first join, and that's okay! Feel free to ask anyone any questions (or go to the Questions and Answers thread).

What type of things do you like to write?
you can request a review here!
Check out Squills!

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:59 pm
View Likes
Cinderquill says...

I usually try my best at writing stories, but when I do, I tend to come across a writing block that prevents me from continuing the story.

I went through a poetry phase back in 7th grade, but I haven't written poetry in a while.

I think the most recent things I've written are a speech for a club at school, a flash fiction story for my English class, and a chapter to an idea I've had for a while yesterday while waiting at the doctor's office.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:39 am
Iggy says...

Hey there Cinderquill and welcome to YWS! Love the username :) nice to meet you.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766

The human heart has hidden treasures, in secret kept, in silence sealed...
— Charlotte Bronte