z

Young Writers Society

Hello! I'm belvedere.

Reviews: 4
Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:14 pm
View Likes
belvedere says...

Hey there!

I'm belvedere (or bel, belv, anything), and I've actually been here before -- but it was very brief as well as being under a different name. Since it's a new year and I feel my goals and mindset have all changed, however subtly, I'm hoping to come back and focus more on experimentation, enjoying myself and meeting wonderful people.

I love words, yes, and I've always adored poetry. Truthfully, I feel more than a bit rusty with it, and as in most cases, the journey to find my own space in writing never quite ends. That aside, I'm a rather quiet and awkward person, but I love meeting people! I also like stars, wildflowers, drawing, studio ghibli, and a nice, aimless wander.

Looking forward to getting to know you and your wonderful writing!

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:52 pm
View Likes
SnowGhost says...

Welcome back to the site. I am snowmonkey or snow.
I also love to write poetry, though I'm not very good at it. I can't wait to see some of your work.
Just killing time until time kills me.

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:26 pm
View Likes
mellifera says...

Welcome back to yws, belvedere! I'm scribbleinks, but you can call me whatever you like :)

I hope to see some of your work! I'm also a pretty quiet person, but feel free to ask if you have any questions, or if you'd just like to talk!
I believe in a universe that doesn't care and people that do.

You and I, we are matter, and it matters.

they/them

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:17 am
View Likes
neptune says...

Welcome to YWS, belvedere! Good to see a new face. I'm also a fan of poetry, and looks as though you like Studio Ghibli, too? What's your favorite movie of theirs? I really enjoy Ponyo, Howl's Moving Castle, Princess Mononoke, the list goes on!

If you have any questions about the site please let anybody know, and hope to see some of your works around! <3
you can request a review here!
Check out Squills!

Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:25 am
belvedere says...

@snowmonkey9 Thank you, snow! I think I understand the feeling, more or less; it's hard to feel satisfied with my own writing as well, but I'm looking forward to reading some of your poetry, nonetheless.

@scribbleinks Thanks, scribbleinks :^) that's kind of you. I will do so, then, and I'd also love to see your work too!

@neptune Thanks, neptune! Then it turns out we have quite a bit in common; I love the movies you mentioned, too! My own favourites would have to be Howl's Moving Castle and Whisper of the Heart, though like you say, the list is truly difficult to confine to just a few.

/edit: I just realised, my picture makes it fairly obvious :'^)

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:40 am
View Likes
neptune says...

@belvedere Cool! I personally haven’t watched Whisper of the Heart, but I guess I should put it on my to-watch list!
you can request a review here!
Check out Squills!

476 Reviews

Reviews: 476
Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:00 pm
View Likes
Apricity says...

Welcome back belv! I was wondering whether you might be a previous member returning from your excellent reviews. It's wonderful to have you back on site again.

I love words too, especially obsolete words. Have you heard of the Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows? And the first poem you've posted on the site is lovely too and I hope that in 2018 you find a poetic voice that you're more comfortable with.

Studio ghibli is amazing, I'm so glad I've found another ghibli fan (do you have a favourite movie?)

And I'm looking forward to seeing more writing from you too. c:
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:45 am
belvedere says...

@Wisteria Thanks, Wis! I have now -- it eludes me how I managed not to all this time, so I'm really glad you directed me to it. I have a feeling the Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows will soon become one of my favourite sites :^)

I hope so too! I had a stalk peek through some of your works, and your poetry is beautiful. Although I see you're also venturing into prose more often, now? Yes! Studio Ghibli is amazing indeed; I'm a real sucker for Whisper of the Heart, but I'm sure that like most people, I love all the movies dearly. Do you have a favourite?

Thank you, I can't wait to read more of your works too!

476 Reviews

Reviews: 476
Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:05 pm
Apricity says...

I'm glad you like it haha. Aw thank you <3. Yeah I am, I'm planning on posting the first story in the constellation project up pretty soon. I haven't seen Whisper of the Heart yet, but I'll definitely put it on my list of things to watch. I do, I really adore Howl and since that's the first Ghibli film I watched it's a personal favourite. c:
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766

What will live longer, you or your words? Something to think about the next time you abandon a project...
— Omni