z

Young Writers Society

2017 YWS Yearbook

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:45 am
Iggy says...

Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment, until it becomes a memory. ~ Dr. Seuss

You may post anything you like: shout-outs to specific people, stories or poems you really liked, what you read this year, pictures, favorite quote, etc. However, you may make only one post! Although you can edit that one post as much as you like.

Grab your spots, sit back, and enjoy the memories <3 What an amazing year, everyone! And to those who are new with us, join in! You will look back upon it next year and smile.

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:46 am
Iggy says...

first spot ;)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:18 am
View Likes
Rydia says...

So I keep forgetting to actually come back and fill out my post but I'm claiming a first page spot anyway so there.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:16 am
View Likes
Brigadier says...

You know I've been waiting for this thread to pop up.
First page.
After all this time, we meet again, Mr Bond.

*opens can of club soda*
*slices lime*
*prepares glass of ice*

Alright let's write this gosh darn thing.
I have maybe 6 or 7 people to tag this year.
You know why you're getting these darlings.

@Kays
Rock n roll and strawberry fields forever

@wolfical
One word: clue.

@Lauren2010
The beat goes on
The beat goes on
Gen lit keeps marking reviews
La Dee da dee da, la dee dee doo

@Snoink
#catholicmemes

@biscuitsleguin
*whispers the name James*

@stormcloud
Catholics show everyone up

@Lumi
*pokes*
cornbread

@alliyah
A member of poetry royalty.

@kyllorac
so sorry that I almost forgot you but I forgot what I wanted to say.

And now for the first 10 notes that came to my mind, of what happened this year.
1. I'm a mod.
2. Highschool continues to kill me.
3. My other grandfather and two of my great uncles died this year.
4. I'm still depressed btw.
5. I started loyally working on two novels of mine and I even figured out a way to make my original novel work.
6. Thank you to the people who have followed the few chapters of State to State.
@BlueAfrica
@BiscuitsLeGuin especially for listening to the rambling
7. The India and Europe trips set inf the future for 2018 and 2019
8. Rereading all of Harry Potter and laughing at how innocent they were in book 4.
9. Retiring for a few weeks in July to get my crap together. It's kinda together btw.
10. One of my dog's puppies got a new friend after her old dog companion died. His name is Toby. He's a black lab. He's precious.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:53 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

This is my spot and I swear, I will finish writing it.

Okay so this year has been an interesting one but I've come back stronger after every blow that has been thrown at me. This has been another year in the books and I don't know what next year is going to hold, but hopefully, it's going to be great.

Now, to the people that made my year a bit better:

Storybook Crew [@TheSilverFox, @Elinor, @Omnom, @Rydia, @Lumi, @Sheytato, @saentiel, @soundofmind, @Wolfical, and @BrumalHunter]

You guys are like another family to me and I am very grateful to have each and every one of you in my life. I haven't interacted with some of you but I'm hoping we can change that next year.

@Persistence

Miss ya buddy.

To all that have reviewed my work, thank you for helping me improve my writing. To many more works and reviews!

And YWS. You guys are the most amazing and talented writers I've seen. And I love reading, seeing, and hearing your stories. Don't change.

I hope everyone has a great New Years!
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:59 pm
Audy says...

I want to break the record on number of unedited spot claims c:

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:10 pm
View Likes
BluesClues says...

*claims a spot*
*probably going to forget all about it*
*claims it anyway*

~11 days later~

Hey, look, I remembered! How exciting.

First of all, I have to thank @saentiel, @DarkPandemonium, @Rydia, and @LadyLizz for reviewing so much of the Chosen Grandma story. You guys have given me some great feedback, some of which I know I'll use in my next draft and some of which I'm trying to keep in mind as I continue this one. Thanks also to @Sonder, my favorite sneaky reader, and I suspect @Querencia of being the same.

@marms, @Querencia, @fortis, @jamgalloway, @papillote, and @Ventomology, you guys all wrote stories that I've really enjoyed following! cough cough @fortis when are you going to keep writing yours You've given me a lot to read and review so thanks for helping me break into the top ten

@soundofmind, your artwork is awesome and I hope to commission you again in the future, if you have the time.

@BiscuitsLeGuin and @Mea, I had so much fun running NaNoWriMo events with you and hanging out with you at write-ins. I hope we can find time for more in the future.

@Sheytato and @TheSilverFox, you guys are awesome and one of you is particularly tuberous. Good luck figuring out which one.

@saentiel, this probably sounds lame but you're a joy to have on the site. You're so positive and full of enthusiasm and encouragement, and it always brightens my day to see your posts about how far you've come with revisions or a new novel you've excited about.

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:42 pm
View Likes
TheBlueCat says...

Ah yes, time to write my yearbook post(finally)!

2017 has been a year of a lot of firsts for me. It was the year I discovered my interest for writing and join this lovely site! I've written many more poems than I thought I ever would and considered actually writing a novel (working on writing that btw). Honestly, YWS has made my year so much better with all the lovely and friendly people! Even though I only joined in September, I really feel that my writing has improved dramatically. So basically, YWS and all the people on here are awesome! :D

You guys are amazingly encouraging and supportive. Sure, at first I felt as if the reviews were just mean and picking out every single tiny thing, but now I realize how helpful they are! I am so glad that I found this site; I don't think there is any other site just as welcoming and helpful for writers! :D

Now to tag people;
@Flumadiddle @WhosabellCanWrite @snowmonkey9 and @KaiRyu for being some lovely friends!

@DemonGoddess thanks for letting me share your souls man! ;)

@saentiel for being a lovely welcoming person! Also, your storybooks are awesome!

@pizzaroll @RavenLord @dragonfphoenix thanks for making me laugh with your memes guys!

@MJTucker thanks for #yourdailyreminder, it has helped me more than you know <3

@neptune we need to talk more about space!! And other stuff too. :P

There's probably a ton of other people I should mention, but I can't think right now. xD
Last edited by TheBlueCat on Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Unofficial Blue Cat of YWS =^-^=
she/her please <3

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:57 pm
Lava says...

Hi YWS.
Hello friends.
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:42 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

YES I GOT FIRST PAGE.

Another year. Wow. This one has gone by faster than any of the others. It's been a very good year overall. Though busy and somewhat stressful, I feel I'm more able to balance everything.

My biggest success was, I think, growing as a person, coming to understand myself better and improve my relationships with my family and friends. I've stopped following politics the way I did, which left me with a lot more free time and a lot less anxiety. I completely changed my diet, and because of that lost enough weight that none of my jeans fit me anymore. Most importantly, I feel a lot more emotionally stable than I did last year. I feel like I've answered a lot of questions about myself and the world around me, and I'm ready for the future.

My relationship with my parents has improved a lot, something I'm grateful for every day, and I've gotten closer to my two best irl friends despite them now both being thousands of miles away from me. (@DragonWriter22 and @RippleGylf, <3 to you guys.)

I've changed and improved so much musically! I fell in love with music all over again. I still listen to 90% instrumental music but have branched out into everything from classical to dungeon synth. I'm really happy with my piano progress, and I'm enjoying playing in orchestra even though I don't feel I'm improving on the viola. I also started composing with GarageBand this year! It's such a steep learning curve, but it's so much fun.

I also discovered coding. Wow. That was really only in the last couple of months, but I haven't enjoyed a class like this in years and I'm already making projects on my own time. I'm such a beginner, but I can't wait to see where this takes me. Hopefully to a decent career while I try to get published.

I do have regrets. I haven't talked to so many of you wonderful people in ages, and I want to cling to our friendships, but timezones have always felt like such a barrier. I've definitely been less active on YWS than I wanted to be, and sometimes amid all the craziness I've forgotten to take a step back and remember what matters most on here - the friends I've made in this wonderful community.

I also haven't met as many of my writing goals as I hoped. I finished Mixing Magic Draft 2, which was huge for me, but The Ghost Bus was mostly a train wreck, and although I was hoping to have the first draft of my current sci-fi project done, in reality after NaNo I needed to make serious changes to the plot, and now I'm just hoping to start writing it by the end of this week.

Overall, a crazy year full of discovery and growth. Bring it on, 2018.

Shout-outs:

@Lightsong - we need to talk more, but you're still awesome and amazing and all the good words. You're so supportive and always ready with a kind word and that means a lot to me. Plus your stories are so interesting and I really enjoy them.

@Carlito - <3 It's been such an honor to follow your writing/publishing journey and read all your awesome novels. Without you I probably wouldn't have realized how much I enjoy critiquing. And thank you so much for all the reviews and support and encouragement! I feel like we're completely unlikely writing buddies because both of us mostly writes a genre the other never reads, but somehow it still works and I love it.

@Wolfical - Thank you so much for all the reviews on Mixing Magic! I feel like we don't see too much of each other between timezones and you being mostly in the SBs, but we should chat more.

@BlueAfrica - We're still friends despite having massively different political views and like seriously that makes me so happy because you're awesome in every way. Our NaNo jams were a blast and I can't wait to do more of them next year.

@Love - Timezones and lack of a chatbar have let to us not chatting in ages, and I really miss it. :( Now that I'm getting into coding, maybe we can be coding buddies or something. Even though I'm such a noob. xD

General shoutout to @rosette, @Snazzy, and other Christians of YWS, especially those over at God Has More Followers and Daily Devotions. You guys have all touched me and brightened my day many times this year by reminding my of God and my Savior.

Thank you, everyone, for a good year. Here's to 2018!
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:48 pm
View Likes
Charm says...

I love New Year's. It's a time to put things from your past year away in a box and remember the lessons, to check up on yourself and your goals and to set new ones. New Year's is probably one of my favorite times of year and it hasn't always been that way. My family has never celebrated New Year's. We never threw parties or attended parties or lit fireworks. My parents would always treat it like any other day of the year. But as I grew older I realized just how much I loved the idea of New Year's. The idea of the year changing, a fresh start, and a new sense of the world. I've created my own tradition of how I celebrate New Year's which is something I can do alone, it's goal setting. I know lots of people don't keep up with their resolutions but I like to think I did this year. So I'm going to take a moment to go over my goals for 2017 and see how I did.

Also sorry in advance if this is depressing this has been so far the worst year of my life. It's been really awful. Like I want to stick my head in a blend just so I can forget this year. I was laughing bitterly when reading my 2017 post because I thought 2016 was bad but booooyyyyy was I naive. This year was *insert swear words I can't use because moderators forbid it*.

My Goals Were To:
Spoiler! :

• to finish writing a book → I started There's So Much More To Juno Blackwood and though I'm definitely not going to finish by the end of 2017, it truly amazes me how far I've come in this story. I have written around 40,000 words which is a lot for me and not only that but this story is pretty solid. It has its faults which I hope to correct soon but I don't feel hopeless. I never gave up on this story which is something I've done many times in the past.
• to be a better friend and more sociable in 2016 → I like to think I have been more sociable. I'm a lot better with people but I still have my faults. I've definitely changed and grown up a lot. I don't have many new friends but I do have genuine friends, I went through a few hard months this year where I was friends with people who I didn't really belong with. I also suffered my first "heartbreak" of many heartbreaks to come. He was a piece of garbage but I didn't realize that until many months after he left me for his ex-girlfriend. I also lost a lot of friends this year but it didn't hurt as badly as it has in the past. I was a lot more logical about it. The people who aren't in my life anymore are gone and it's definitely for the better.
• to be a better poet → Now this one is tough...I don't feel like I've written a good poem in months. I find that with poetry you have to delve deep into yourself and analyze your emotions and the people in your life in order to truly write something that satisfactory for yourself and the people who read your work and after my break up, I completely lost myself, lost my love for myself, lost of my respect for myself, and couldn't open up to people let alone myself. It was like there was a wall that sprung up in a hall I used to be able to walk into. I'm still struggling with opening up to people again. I've definitely become a lot more of a private person since then.
• to be better in school → Out of all my goals this is probably the one that I did the best with! I didn't start until the beginning of Junior year, so the end of my sophomore year I was still doing 'meh' in school. But in Junior year, I have never studied this much or have gotten this well fo grades. I didn't have a single C this whole semester and I got mostly 90s on my exams with one 87 in History. My parents are very proud and I've very proud too.
• to write a song → Nope. And that's okay. Music is not my thing. I love listening to it but I think I realized that it's just not something I'm actually interest in creating. I want to write stories!
• to love myself even more → Hahahahaha...haha...haaa... Yeah this one is sad. Like I said I completely lost myself this year. I was super cruel to myself and careless. I did things without thinking and hurt myself deeply. I truly hated myself for most of this year, so yeah. Wooo!
• to love others even more → I genuinely don't know how I did on this one. I feel like I really did love people well this year. I guess I just forgot to love myself.
• to recover from 2016 → Oh honey, we need to recover from this year.
• to be sixteen → Yep, I couldn't prevent the inevitable passage of time until my sudden death.
• all in all, keep improving → Define...improvement, haha. I mean I have definitely changed and I don't think anything happens without a reason, so I guess I have improved. The thing with 2017 is that I have changed but I had no control over me changing whereas in the past I was purposely changing myself for the better. In 2017 I just changed without knowing and without wanting to, and that's when I lost my sense of control and then lost myself and was confused and in a depressive haze for many months.

Now My Goals for 2018
Spoiler! :

This year, my goals won't be as ambitious or dreamy, but more so logical, reasonable, and gentle. So here are my goals!
• I want to finish a book, not just the first draft but actually finish and refine a book (There's So Much More To Juno Blackwood).
• I want to start a new writing project (The Littlesby Witches, or perhaps another idea of mine if I change my mind).
• I want to stop wondering if I'm good enough for people and instead wonder if they're good enough for me.
• I want to create and stick to a solid exercise routine. I've started doing yoga and running but I want to really refine my routine.
• I want to learn more Korean.
• I want to keep up my habit of doing well in school.
• I want to try and get into university (Oh god, I can't believe that's coming so soon I was in middle school yesterday!).
• I want to learn to drive. I mean I already know how, but I want to get on the road with other cars. I want independence. I want to go on road trips alone but also with friends.
• I want to get a job and make money, money, moneyyyyyyy!
• check non-school email more often
• stay organized
• And lastly, I want to love myself. I think this year I finally understood that life is a process of learning and I had thought that I have mastered the art of self love but that was naive of me. I will continue to change and as I change I will have to continue to learn how to love myself. I loved myself for who I was yesterday, but I want to love myself for who I am today and who I will be tomorrow.

I might add more goals later, but for now this is it.

I thought this year was just a pointless mess until I wrote this. I now realize just how much I learned and how much wiser I have become in 2017. I'm definitely not the wisest, I'm only sixteen, but I've definitely grown up a lot. So here's to a good 2018. Who knows what it's going to be like. I'm not getting my hopes up after this year. Maybe people are right when they say that good things come after bad things, or however that saying goes. Who knows.

Here are my shoutouts:
Spoiler! :
@bluewaterlily - You are so sweet and you always show me that you care.
You're so much stronger than you think you are and I'm so proud of you for surviving 2017. I really believe you can accomplish anything you set your mind too. I hope we become even closer friends in 2018. Love ya girly <3

@pizzaroll - Your posts and memes are what spice up YWS <3 thank you <3

@Sevro and @passenger - I miss y'all </3

@soundofmind - You're super cute and really, really, really, really talented. I love your voice, your music, your lyrics, your art and your poetry. You're also a very nice person to talk to and I'm glad we became friends.

@Hattable - You're really sweet and your sense of humor is really fun. I'm glad we became friends! Talking to you in WFPs and on Instagram is really nice. I find it's hard to make friends on YWS without the chat bar so it was really nice to meet you and talk to you often in WFPs and such (we need to do that again soon c: ).

@Lumi - You're an amazing poet, an amazing giver of advice, and an amazing reviewer of poetry. I always really value your opinion. Thank you for not getting annoyed by me and my PMs whenever I asked for help xD I'll try not to bug you so much in 2018 <3

@Aley - You're like my YWS mom and I miss you. You give the best advice and are always there to remind me that I'm not as bad of a writer than I think I am. We should talk more.

@EternalRain - We don't talk a lot these days but I think you're really nice. I love your avatar too! We should talk more in 2018!

@saentiel - Thank you. Thank you for everything: for being so kind and nice, for your encouragement, for your reviews, for your dedication, you are the most approachable and optimistic person on YWS. You're an actual angel <3

@blueafrica - You are an incredibly amazingly talented writer! Your reviews are really helpful and without dedicated reviewers like you following my novel I don't know what I'd do. You're also super nice and I hope we can become closer friends in 2018!

@Arcticus - Your poetry is the most beautiful thing ever. You are so nice and so talented. You're also like really cool. Yeeee, I hope we talk more in 2018!

If I didn't tag you I'm sorry. I feel like this year has been one big blur of hurt and drama. It's been a rollercoaster of emotions (and I don't mean that in a pessimistic way I'm a lot better now). I also wasn't very active on YWS this year (or maybe I was in the beginning tbh I don't remember). I love YWS and I love the people on YWS and I hope to be more active in the future.
Last edited by Charm on Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:25 pm, edited 7 times in total.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:55 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Alright

I believe this is the third time I've written something for the Yearbook. As per the tradition, I'm writing on the final day of the year, so I have the most ability to contemplate the rest of 2017.

...I'm not sure what to say? I certainly haven't been as active as last year. School is finally pinning me down, so my presence on-site has diminished. My omnipresence on the People tab was the first thing to go, and now it's fairly reasonable to assume that quite a few less YWSers know me now than would've had I stayed there. My activity everywhere else has also slowly plummeted. Now I show up less often in SBs (and rarely ever in DTs), post less poetry, and get involved in less site events.

At the same time, it's not like I've stopped writing. On the contrary, really. I participated in NaPo for the first time, completed NaRevMo (50 reviews in 30 days, achieving both team goals) for the second year in a row, and finished NaNo for the...fifth or sixth year? Thanks to LMS, I've started to write for my novel on a weekly basis, and it's swelled to over 100,000 words. I won a state contest in writing (breaking my record of reaching 2nd place the previous year), had some success in poetry and essay contests, and wrote my way to a successful college application. I've got scholarships and a final tedious semester of school to go, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. With enough effort, I think I can get my chemistry degree and afford it. And that's weird to say, because I wasn't even entirely sure what subject I'd follow the previous year.

So yeah, in spite of plenty of depression and anxiety (the usual), the year's been pretty good to me. I've made some lovely friends, wrote a million things, started to learn how to drive (I'm doing well! Not crashing into a tree like last year, haha), and grew up a bit. My writing's the best it's ever been, and I have this site to thank for that. I've still got a long ways to go before I can call myself a good writer, and there is still that fear that college might stamp out my writing spirit in its miasma of work, but I'm making progress. That always feels good.

Time for the tagging, I suppose? As always, I'd like to thank the crew of PMD (@Robusto, @BrumalHunter, @Tortwag, @Ventomology, @Charizard821, @StupidSoup, and @Poopsie) for another exceptional year. I haven't written for the SB in over a year, mind you, but I've grown closer to you all as a whole (especially Hunter, Tort, and Buggie), and I'm happy to have some amazing best friends. You're all talented and competent, whether you know it or not. It's been an honor working with you, having fun conversations, building layers of sarcasm, flipping tables, reading each other's stories (Hunter, read Conics), and plotting. I'm hopeful that we can get PMD started back up again, and I'm looking forward to another fantastic year with you guys.

And, of course, I'd like to thank my Crew (@Rydia, @Lumi, @Elinor, @Omnom, @Steggy, @Sheytato, @saentiel, @soundofmind, and @BrumalHunter, among others) for keeping our SBs going. You've all been too kind and cooperative over the year as we take over the site no matter what obstacles we've come across (which, fortunately, have been few). I'm not a particularly good EIC, but I'm happy to see that you're taking the time to throw in votes, write, give advice, and generally be shoulders to lean on. My goal is to stay as a moderator for at least another year (and hopefully longer, if I can best college), and I know that I would never want to leave this team.

Before I descend into my overwhelming tag storm, I'd especially like to thank one person. He's a stellar poet; brilliant in coming up with ideas; a speedy, high-quality writer; nice on most all occasions; adopts a lot of responsibility and succeeds in it; and has been a soothing voice while I hurtle through my awkward teenager years. I don't know where I'd be without him, but it certainly wouldn't be a better place if he wasn't around to say the right things when I'm beating myself up (which is pretty often). @Lumi, you deserved the promotion to GM so much, and I'm only surprised that you didn't get it sooner. Take care of yourself. <3

So yeah, on to the tag storms! I know waaaaaay too many people over the years to tag all at once; for anyone I missed, know that I think you're all pretty cool, and you've helped make my time on the site wonderful. And so - @Kays (enjoy your retirement! you're awesome!), @Willard (always good to see you, and your poetry is always A+), @LadySpark, @Arcticus, @Audy, @Aley, @passenger (haven't seen you in a while, how've you been?), @Wolfical, @Lefty (how can you manage to write so many long and good posts? I hope your mom gets better!), @Sacredlege, @LadyLizzLovelace (the memes are glorious), @Eternity, @Gringoamericano, @RavenLord, @cleverclogs, @Vasticity, @Prokaryote, @CowLogic, @Snoink, @Kyllorac, @Carlito (so many novels. o-o), @Zolen, @ShakespeareWallah, @Meshugenah, @BlueAfrica (those writing jam sessions in NaNo were great!), @Lael (your RP posts are wonderful!), @FalconerGal9086, @Rosendorn, @Querencia, @dragonfphoenix, @Sachiiko (pssht creepy moon), @Mea, @Persistence, @Sonder (your art is <3), @chibibo, @Dreamy, and many more!

And, of course, I would be remiss not to tag @Nate or @Big Brother. You guys can never have too many compliments, thanks to all the work you've done in creating and maintaining this wonderful site. It's been such a pivotal part of my life for so long now, and I couldn't think of where I'd be without you guys steering the ship. I wouldn't have so much of my experience or the friends that help me become a better-than-average writer and give me the calm environment I need in these trying times. YWS is officially a teenager now, and it's still going strong - well done on that! I hope we can see it become a full-fledged adult soon enough!

In all, have a Happy New Years', everyone! Thanks for making this such a memorable year! :D
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

417 Reviews

Reviews: 417
Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:07 am
View Likes
Willard says...

heyo

"Words say little to the mind compared to space thundering with images and crammed with sounds."

stranger, strangelove, drstrangelove, strange, willard

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:42 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I came into this year a different person than I am now. That isn't really surprising. My life has always consisted of gradual change, though some has been more beneficial than others. Even just looking back at wall posts from a few months ago reveals a different side of me. I think that's what I want to focus on in the future. Each little baby step leads to a new me, and that's a beautiful thing. I learn from my mistakes and keep going. But, sometimes, it's okay to keep things the same. Some things don't need to be changed because they're currently the best they can be. If there's anything I've learned in the past year, it's those two lessons.

In my yearbook page last year, I included a list of accomplishments or just things that happened to me during 2016. I want to do the same with this year's page. So here's a list of all the little - or large - milestones I've reached.

• I finished the first draft of my novel and started the second. If all goes as planned, I'll have it finished by the end of January. I never thought I would see the day where I was making progress on one of my novels.
• I became a storybook moderator, and it's been one of the best things that's happened to me. I love being able to help out others while supporting one of my favorite sections of the site.
• I made new friends, both online and offline. Friendship has never been an easy thing for me, so this feels especially important.
• I received my fifth gold review star.
• I was in one of the few completed storybooks on this site, run by my awesome brother @Sheytato.
• I've consistently reviewed three novels.
• And I've fallen in love with this site even more than I already had.

Thanks for a wonderful year, YWS. I'm glad that I'm a part of this amazing site, and I can't wait to see what the future holds for all of us.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:46 am
View Likes
zaminami says...

Once upon a time, before all time, matter, and space existed, a demon goddess was born. She was born with God, Zeus, Odin, every single deity you can name (that came first, at least). Even though she was lower to Satan power-wise, she eventually used the tools at hand to rise up to become heck's greatest ruler and Satan's puppet master, orchestrating every chaotic and terrible event that went on in human (or non-human) history.

However, this goddess was lonely. She had no friends, being a demon goddess. Therefore, she turned to writing. She bought a Mac -- or borrowed it from Virus -- and began to spin a web of a story of love, betrayal, horror, demons, adventure, and everything in between.

Then, in the cold days of March, she browsed the internet and found Young Writer's Society -- a place for people like her, young writers. She created a profile under her human alias name, Kara Stevens, and decided to post her writing there.

Many months later, she has now revealed her true persona as a demon goddess and is stealing souls left and right. She has made many a friend on here and hopes to continue to be a member in the future.

--

I would like to shoutout to many people:

@alliyah and @saentiel for welcoming me onto the site.

@Flumadiddle, @Saruka, @UndertaleGirl0324 for coming onto the site and supporting me :D

@Flumadiddle again for Grim.

@MissGangamash for producing us with your lovely story.

@Danni88, @KaiRyu, and @saentiel with your continuing support and positivity.

@Ferruccio1234567 for showing me to not be so naïve on the internet.

@Sheytato and @pizzaroll for providing me with ways to laugh

@Nate for providing this wonderful website

@Feltrix and @Rydia. Together we will RULE THE WORLD!

@FalconerGal9086, @RavenLord, @AlexOfLight, etc. for introducing me to the wonderful world of roleplaying :D

Oh, and @MJTucker for Joallison and Crysalex.

And so much more that I can't name off the top of my head.

--

thank you so much guys for the souls!
Last edited by zaminami on Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

When Larry King retires in 120 years John Mulaney should replace him.
— The Internet