z

Young Writers Society

Introduction - heroinechic is back!

Reviews: 0
Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:39 pm
heroinechic says...

Hello!

I am excited to resume posting on YWS. I was a user during my younger years, but a few hard years forced me to pause my ventures in literature. I am a senior in high school, and though the year has been incredibly quick-paced and dense with assignments, I've alotted enough time to read a few titles I had missed out on during the majority of high school.
Books I've read since September include titles by Haruki Murakami, Khaled Hosseini, Toni Morrison, and Franz Kafka, along with rereading of a couple classics & plays. Currently, I am reading The Idiot by Fyodor Dostoyevsky.
Of course, YWS is not GoodReads, though I'll definitely be posting about my reads on my profile.

My username is in reference to the "heroine chic" trend of the mid-1990s (think young Kate Moss!), and a term of endearment a good friend bestowed upon me. Does this mean I need to sleep more to alleviate these undereye circles? Does this mean I need to remember to eat more meals? Uhm... I'm just going to take it as a comparison to Kate Moss. :smt055

If you can't tell already, my interests include literature and high fashion, among my appreciation for art of many forms. I am planning to pursue a degree in biochemistry after graduation, with John Hopkins medical school as the ultimate goal. I'm also into many genres of music! Favorites include Kyle Dion, Red Velvet (yes the Kpop group I'm gay okay), LOONA, Sabrina Claudio, Hyukoh, Stokley, and Xavier Omar, among many others.

I hope to contribute to the site during my holiday break as a critic and source of advice, and come spring, as an author. I also hope to connect with other intelligent and creative minds, so please do not be afraid to say hello or start a conversation! :smt049

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:25 pm
SnowGhost says...

Welcome back to the place :)
Just killing time until time kills me.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:51 pm
Iggy says...

hi there! welcome back to YWS! :D
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

I drink tea and forget the world's noises.
— Chinese saying