z

Young Writers Society

Hey! I'm new.

Reviews: 0
Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:59 am
TheGreatPretender says...

Hey! Sooo obviously I'm new, and the main reason I came here is because I've been having some extreme writers block and have trouble with a few new stories I want to write and I was hoping people here could help. If you can, its be greatly appreciated!

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:08 am
Virgil says...

Hi there TheGreatPretender and welcome to YWS! If you ever have any questions, don't be afraid to ask me or any other names in green or red. That being said, here's a question to get to know you a bit better: Do you have a favorite genre you like to write (as I see you're into writing stories)?

Since I see that you're having Writer's Block, here is the Resources forum where you're able to ask questions about writing. Not only that, the Writer's Corner is also available where you're able to talk about your story and people are able to help there and discuss! Both of these forums are wonderful resources that I wanted to share because of your Writer's Block.

I hope you end up enjoying the site as much as I do! See you around.

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:13 am
Iggy says...

Welcome to the site! Lovely to meet you c:
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:44 am
Holysocks says...

Welcome to YWS! C:
100% autistic

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:56 am
Wolfi says...

Welcome to our community! You're going to love it here.

Writer's block is tough to beat and I still haven't found the solution to defeating it! There's many distractions in the modern age, so it's hard to find the time to sit down, shut everything else out, and write. But YWS should help you! Once you post one work and get some awesome reviews, chances are that'll be the incentive for you to write and post more. Reviewing other people's work is also a great way to get inspiration from your fellow young writers.

If you so please, feel free to send me a PM if you ever want to discuss your novel or short story - talking about plot and characters with someone else can usually get me really excited to write, and it sometimes sparks new ideas.

One more thing. I'm a moderator of the Storybooks section, where writers come to write stories together. I love SBs because they help me step out of my comfort zone and write for different genres, from sci-fi to Japanese historical fiction, and most of all they help with improving my character-creating skills.

Good luck with your writer's block!
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

1485 Reviews

Reviews: 1485
Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:21 pm
IcyFlame says...

Welcome to YWS!

Writer's block happens to all of us, so hopefully you won't feel alone. I find it helps to review other people's work whilst you wait. Sometimes, you'll find a piece of work that makes you think and helps to get rid of that pesky block!

I hope you enjoy it here.

Icy

Meatball, meatball, spaghetti underneath; ravioli, ravioli, great barrier reef!
— Spongebob