z

Young Writers Society

Dork Incoming!

Reviews: 1
Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:34 am
aependell says...

Hello, people of the Young Writers Society! I am a fifteen-year-old dork living in Texas, a wondrous community of the most boring, dull people you'll ever meet! :D

I've always been passionate about fiction, specifically horror. I literally grew up reading Stephen King and watching Poltergeist over and over again.

I would love to learn more about the craft and share my stories, but unfortunately my school can't help me with that at all. I distinctly recall when the counselor came to me to ask me what elective I wanted to take in high school, I immediately responded: "CREATIVE WRITING". I'd been waiting years to finally be able to take that class.
"Uh... pick something else."
"What?"
"The school doesn't offer any literature electives."

So, yeah. I guess my only choice is to turn to the internet. Apparently the school can spend thousands of dollars on consoles and high-end computers for the Gaming & Coding classes, and invest millions into giving every student in the district MacBooks this years, but they can't... buy... paper? Fine. Sure. Whatever.
Also no school magazine or anything like that.

Well, their loss.

Anyways, I spend most of my time trying to be a writer/filmmaker/tech guy. Unfortunately in my town no one takes writing seriously, everyone thinks The Emoji Movie and Nine Lives are pretty good films, and a person under 30 knowing how a computer works is simply unfathomable.

I've tried to start writing on other sites, such as Wattpad, but it seems as though no one on Wattpad really cares to give any decent criticism. They just read your stuff and move on silently. Not even a "Hey that was pretty good!" or anything.

Ah well. Hopefully this site will function much better as a creative outlet and community for me.

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:43 am
Virgil says...

Hi there aependell and welcome to YWS! If you ever have any questions, don't be afraid to ask me or any other names in green or red. To say that most people think that The Emoji Movie is a pretty good film is a bit of an overstatement, but I do get what you mean! Other than Poltergeist, do you have any other favorite films?

I hope to see you around the site! Lovely to have another film enthusiast and writer around.

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:20 am
Dreamy says...

Hello, writer/filmmaker/tech guy! Welcome to YWS! :)
If any person raises his hand to strike down another on the ground of religion, I shall fight him till the last breath of my life, both as the head of the Government and from outside- Jawaharlal Nehru.

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:34 pm
View Likes
Lavvie says...

Welcome to YWS! You sound pretty cool and I think you'll find that YWS is too!

I look forward to seeing you around :)

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

i like that the title of dr jekyll and mr hyde makes a clear stance that the embodiment of one’s own evil doesn’t get a claim to the doctorate
— waywardxwallflower