z

Young Writers Society

Hello there

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:54 am
SynonymousTom says...

I just made this account and posted my first piece of writing "Oblivion," a poem, if any of y'all wish to check that out. I looked around for a writing forum online that looked to be my type for a few days, and stumbled across this one. It seemed perfect, so here I am. I've always had urges to write here and there, even if I didn't know what I wanted to write. So I made an account for that purpose, and posted that poem after it came to mind during the later hours of last night.

I don't normally write poems but it felt right in that form. I don't know anything about poems in all honestly, so I'm just gonna call it free form. It's only four lines long. Any feedback would be awesome.

I don't know what I plan to write on here mostly. I'm going to try to be active (not that I don't have the time). I'll mostly write what comes to mind, whenever that may be... days, weeks, MONTHS apart. I don't know honestly. But from peeking around the site, I'm currently aiming to be active with reviews, as well as the forums here and there. I hope my reviews come as some help to whoever receives them, even though my opinions are far from experienced.

I'm hoping I can grow as a writer on here and gain a lot of insight into literature. I have a lot of issues with inspirations for writing, even though I constantly long to write, either creatively or as a form of stress relief. Either way, I'm hoping I can improve a lot of that stuff during my time here.

In all honesty I chose this name because I enjoy the flow of it. I wanted a name I could hide behind; an alternate persona away from my true character where I could express my deeper, possibly darker thinkings through words. So no, my real name is not Tom but I encourage you to call me so.

I'm not trying to come across as edgy or anything here. Truth be told I'm a very (VERY) talkative, outgoing, and friendly guy in person. I just wanted something to feel like I can hold in front of my face, so to speak, whenever I write something that possibly contradicts my character. Even though none of y'all know me. I hope that makes sense.
"If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?"

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:24 am
Virgil says...

Welcome to the site, Tom! I hope you end up loving it here as much as I do.

I'm also into poetry, so I suppose that's a bit of a shared interest of ours. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask me or any other names in green or red.

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

69 Reviews

Reviews: 69
Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:47 pm
gxldencrxwns says...

Hi, Tom! Welcome to the YWS!

I have a high interest in poetry as well, so that's something we have in common. My name isn't in green or red yet, so I may not be able to help with any questions you have, but don't be afraid to ask questions to those whose are!

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:50 pm
SynonymousTom says...

Thank you both!
"If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?"

Follow your inner moonlight; don't hide the madness
— Allen Ginsburg