z

Young Writers Society

Hello there

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:54 am
SynonymousTom says...

I just made this account and posted my first piece of writing "Oblivion," a poem, if any of y'all wish to check that out. I looked around for a writing forum online that looked to be my type for a few days, and stumbled across this one. It seemed perfect, so here I am. I've always had urges to write here and there, even if I didn't know what I wanted to write. So I made an account for that purpose, and posted that poem after it came to mind during the later hours of last night.

I don't normally write poems but it felt right in that form. I don't know anything about poems in all honestly, so I'm just gonna call it free form. It's only four lines long. Any feedback would be awesome.

I don't know what I plan to write on here mostly. I'm going to try to be active (not that I don't have the time). I'll mostly write what comes to mind, whenever that may be... days, weeks, MONTHS apart. I don't know honestly. But from peeking around the site, I'm currently aiming to be active with reviews, as well as the forums here and there. I hope my reviews come as some help to whoever receives them, even though my opinions are far from experienced.

I'm hoping I can grow as a writer on here and gain a lot of insight into literature. I have a lot of issues with inspirations for writing, even though I constantly long to write, either creatively or as a form of stress relief. Either way, I'm hoping I can improve a lot of that stuff during my time here.

In all honesty I chose this name because I enjoy the flow of it. I wanted a name I could hide behind; an alternate persona away from my true character where I could express my deeper, possibly darker thinkings through words. So no, my real name is not Tom but I encourage you to call me so.

I'm not trying to come across as edgy or anything here. Truth be told I'm a very (VERY) talkative, outgoing, and friendly guy in person. I just wanted something to feel like I can hold in front of my face, so to speak, whenever I write something that possibly contradicts my character. Even though none of y'all know me. I hope that makes sense.
"If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?"

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:24 am
Virgil says...

Welcome to the site, Tom! I hope you end up loving it here as much as I do.

I'm also into poetry, so I suppose that's a bit of a shared interest of ours. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask me or any other names in green or red.

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

69 Reviews

Reviews: 69
Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:47 pm
gxldencrxwns says...

Hi, Tom! Welcome to the YWS!

I have a high interest in poetry as well, so that's something we have in common. My name isn't in green or red yet, so I may not be able to help with any questions you have, but don't be afraid to ask questions to those whose are!

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:50 pm
SynonymousTom says...

Thank you both!
"If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?"

Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.
— Mark Twain